What's new

Solved 1 RROD with no error message

A

aKa Rave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll admit it, my xbox is ****ed up. I've fixed the E74 error twice with the towel trick and E73 twice with the toothpick ****. Now it ****s mid-game so I have to power off. So it gets E74 my brother overheats it again and luckily the xbox powers on well but no video on my TV, just audio. So I keep unplugging/plugging the AV Cable and stuff and then eventually it RRODs again which is where I'm at now, no video but 1 red ring. I'm so upset because I have a spot on a modded XP lobby tomorrow. =\

Any help?

MadLittleMods

MadLittleMods

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
try actually taking it apart and putting the fan on the dvd drive and overheat for about 20-30 minutes. then cool down and try it.

as for the spot, get some one to recover your profile and do it for u...

TOWEL TRICK = BAD

A

aKa Rave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: 1 RROD with no error message (previously E73 and E74)

MadLittleMods said:
try actually taking it apart and putting the fan on the dvd drive and overheat for about 20-30 minutes. then cool down and try it.

as for the spot, get some one to recover your profile and do it for u...

TOWEL TRICK = BAD

Nah I'm not gonna take it apart. I guess I should just send it back and buy an Arcade console.

Oh and I know the towel trick can really **** it up but my brother did it without me knowing. :tongue:

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
reflow the hana chip near the video port on the console. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube and you can also use a hair dryer in substitute for a heat gun, just adjust accordingly.

Top Bottom
Login
Register