• Start date
  • Views 2,347
M

MASTAcheeBURGA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone didn't play during alpha..
I did actually, Not sure why everyone who plays the alpha thinks they have to be in this mindset that CHANGE=RUINED GAME. Sorry I'm not in that mindset, I welcome change.

H

himylilpwny

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Some of you guys are tunnel visioned. Open up your mind to the possibilities being introduced, don't just shut them down because you are ignorant. Just downgrade to you favorite version and leave it there, don't complain about the new stuff, because in reality the vast majority of people want new things, and items to alter the way the game is played and to keep them entertained. Everybody needs something to re stimulate Minecraft at one point or another because everybody here has gotten bored of Minecraft at some point when playing it. Do not deny it. The game is NOT ruined it's just evolving faster than anybody here would of expected it too. I can handle criticism of my thoughts to an extent, but if you just flame and blow what I said out of proportion I'm not going to waste my time responding.

If we downgrade, we will miss every update with features that we may like. Notch has stated he wants to include expansions, and I think he should make all of this rpg stuff in 1 expansion, as quite a lot of players are upset with this update. And every game gets boring after a while, in Minecraft's case, the game lasts as long as you have creativity to make something new. The simplicity of Minecraft is ruined.

W

Winter

Jim. Over ruler of Sumo.
Reaction score
Sin$
I did actually, Not sure why everyone who plays the alpha thinks they have to be in this mindset that CHANGE=RUINED GAME. Sorry I'm not in that mindset, I welcome change.

When did I say I don't like change?

Z

ZombieKilla96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The simplicity of Minecraft is ruined.
So what? Sure, Minecraft isn't a very difficult game because of it's simplicity, but if Notch wants to garner a larger audience that feels currently bored or confused by the whole "build whatever and survive" mentality, then I totally support Notch in trying to widen the fan-base and stop alienating people who seriously just don't get the "point" of Minecraft at the moment (Tons of people I know specifically). It's not cause he wants more money, or blah blah blah, it's because he cares who plays his game and that he's constantly seeking imrovements, not just additions to the same style in Minecraft we've seen over and over again.

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Brick, where'd you get a hand grenade?
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
So what? Sure, Minecraft isn't a very difficult game because of it's simplicity, but if Notch wants to garner a larger audience that feels currently bored or confused by the whole "build whatever and survive" mentality, then I totally support Notch in trying to widen the fan-base and stop alienating people who seriously just don't get the "point" of Minecraft at the moment (Tons of people I know specifically). It's not cause he wants more money, or blah blah blah, it's because he cares who plays his game and that he's constantly seeking imrovements, not just additions to the same style in Minecraft we've seen over and over again.
Minecraft doesn't alienate people because of how it's made, if people want to play a game with potions, and snow golems that move about, and other silly things like that, then there will be a game out there that caters that for them.

The point is, minecraft is minecraft because of it's simplicity. That's what made it such a phenomena.

Adding potions and stupid other things is not improving minecraft at all, it's taking away the fundamental element of the game that caused it to become such a hit.

Notch needs to go back to his roots and add things that will have genuine purposes and roles in the game.

Some of you guys are tunnel visioned. Open up your mind to the possibilities being introduced, don't just shut them down because you are ignorant. Just downgrade to you favorite version and leave it there, don't complain about the new stuff, because in reality the vast majority of people want new things, and items to alter the way the game is played and to keep them entertained. Everybody needs something to re stimulate Minecraft at one point or another because everybody here has gotten bored of Minecraft at some point when playing it. Do not deny it. The game is NOT ruined it's just evolving faster than anybody here would of expected it too. I can handle criticism of my thoughts to an extent, but if you just flame and blow what I said out of proportion I'm not going to waste my time responding.
Some people may be tunnel visioned, true. But what Notch is doing with this update is specifically aiming at arrogant, tunnel visioned people. People who have never played minecraft, but say, "Oh it's boring because it's all just cubes".

I welcome change as much as the next person, but the difference is, i welcome GOOD change. If Notch added something with real creative and realistic worth, like mirrors, then i would welcome it with open arms, just like i welcomed the pistons. But potions is a step too far.

dEku

dEku

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly, I like where Minecraft is going. I've played since Alpha and I got bored pretty fast when there wasn't all that much to do besides build things. Now that I have far more to do, I don't get bored as often and wouldn't mind building a fu­ckton more.

Minecraft doesn't feel like Terraria to me, I've played Terraria but it just wasn't for me. Minecraft is definitely not turning into Runescape. Sure, Minecraft is getting things that are in other games but that doesn't mean anything. A lot of games have potions, leveling, skills, and other sh­it in them too. Doesn't mean that they are all the same. Not every game has building in them but that's only recently started becoming a hit, as far as I know.

Top Bottom
Login
Register