What's new

Solved 0022 RROD RGH 1.2 Attempt please help

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so this is my first attempt at doing this I installed the nand wires fine. Read it and everything good. I even installed the coolrunner almost perfect. So what I'm stuck on right now is the CLK alternate point. I watched Modded Warfares tutorial and he said to use the blue slim cable so I did. When it's soldered to the alternate point I get RROD and when it's not soldered to it it boots perfect. Someone please help.. Also I didn't create the ecc or write the ecc I was just waiting till I installed the coolrunner and my Xbox booted before I did any of that i basically just did what he did in the tutorial.
Heres all the pics of install:
https://gyazo.com/4361062d3eba4add20e195e726725f33
https://gyazo.com/0ad549687d2c6da99e670187a4062ca4
https://gyazo.com/8f7815d5ccd69f0288bd8e662bc34b19
https://gyazo.com/547ef95e386f43ae897334c489454810

Last edited:
XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
0ad549687d2c6da99e670187a4062ca4
4361062d3eba4add20e195e726725f33

https://gyazo.com/4361062d3eba4add20e195e726725f33
https://gyazo.com/0ad549687d2c6da99e670187a4062ca4

Used plenty of flux cleaned it and everything. and yes i have red flux very annoying dont know why i got it lol.

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I was told to just create and write the ecc now it's not giving me rrod but it's not booting just a pulsing middle light on the rol the coolrunner is red and my power brick is green ugh..

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One more thing sorry about all these posts but I also used the slim 3v3 cable cause the phat one was getting on my nerves so idk if that would mess anything up. This is my first time doing this like I said so I am a noobie I just followed a tut.

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Turn off the console, switch the coolrunner to ON and then plug the power back in. See if it works.
Just reinstalled clk and did that an welp nothing still RROD that's without the ecc written and everything. Should I try writing the ecc again and trying different timing files? I'm doing 21 right now usually people have luck with that but I waited for like 20 min with the ecc written and it just wouldn't boot up xell. Does my soldering look fine? Should I try unsoldering pll bypass and cpu_rst and clip the excess wire a bit and resolder? Idk I'm lost here lmao I mean at least I can still get it to boot I guess. So surely it's fixable.

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Both of these points look suspect to me:

2pJDsaU.png

You've got too much exposed wire, and it appears to be overlapping other points. I'm not saying for sure it's touching, but that chance looks high. Trim the exposed wire so that only just a tiny amount is exposed past the insulation and resolder those.

Additionally, in my own RGH 1.2 installs I have found that wire routing can be extremely important. From your pics you've installed in a way that I've never done - running all of the topside connections through a single hold near the southbridge to the bottom. I'm not saying that my method of wire routing is the only way, but I do know that it has been reliable across dozens and dozens of consoles. Try following the wire routing in the video at the top of this page:

http://weekendmodder.com/flacon_jasper_rgh1.2.html

Good luck!

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Both of these points look suspect to me:

2pJDsaU.png

You've got too much exposed wire, and it appears to be overlapping other points. I'm not saying for sure it's touching, but that chance looks high. Trim the exposed wire so that only just a tiny amount is exposed past the insulation and resolder those.

Additionally, in my own RGH 1.2 installs I have found that wire routing can be extremely important. From your pics you've installed in a way that I've never done - running all of the topside connections through a single hold near the southbridge to the bottom. I'm not saying that my method of wire routing is the only way, but I do know that it has been reliable across dozens and dozens of consoles. Try following the wire routing in the video at the top of this page:

http://weekendmodder.com/flacon_jasper_rgh1.2.html

Good luck!
Alright thank you so much buddy! I will let you know how it goes I don't think RST is touching any compotents but I'm pretty sure pll bypass is. I'll resolder both anyways and cross my fingers lmao. Also should it be able to boot up fine with all the cool runner points connected better, without writing the ecc or do I have to write the ecc first?

Last edited:
XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I redid my wire route. I cut the wires short resoldered everything and honestly looks soo much better. But still rrod when I try to boot without writing the ecc but when I write my cool runner is actually lighting up green! The thing is it's constantly pulsing green then stopping for a bit then doing it again still not booting xell..

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what is happening right now.. I have resoldered the wires multiple times.. Is there a certain point that causes this?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
write the dang ecc! put file 21 on the coolrunner and if it doesnt boot you can try bridging the two cap pads since its a jasper. if it still doesnt boot we need to see updated pics of all your points.

be sure and tick glitch2 when creating ecc. also be sure and make a copy of your nand dumps and put into another folder just incase.

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
write the dang ecc! put file 21 on the coolrunner and if it doesnt boot you can try bridging the two cap pads since its a jasper. if it still doesnt boot we need to see updated pics of all your points.

be sure and tick glitch2 when creating ecc. also be sure and make a copy of your nand dumps and put into another folder just incase.
It was written when I did that and I tried bridging jp and 3-2 and no difference. Tried multiple timing files and nothing even waited a lot time. **** I even tried the original clk point (and no I didn't knock off a resistor) and yup that gave me rrod like fried rrod no fan or anything just instant so I thought it was ****ed. I'm giving up on this console I took everything off it, cleaned it, and put it back together and now it's working fine. I quit lol I have warranty on it so I'm just gonna get another jasper. And also my soldering was literally perfect all together when I was using the alternate clk point. I used very little wire so I made sure no excess wire was touching anything at all. I rerouted it EXACTLY how the weekend modder does it. Made sure nothing was bridged I mean I at least desoldered and resoldered 100 times so I'm positive it was good you just have to take my word for it is 100x better than my original pics on here. So yeah I'm done with this console I have no clue at all why it's not glitching lmfao stubborn *** console. 
Thank you guys so much for the help though it was much appreciated.

Is it possible that I damaged the alternate clk point? I mean when I first started I had a lot of trouble getting solder on it for some reason. So could that be the reason I was getting rrod when I soldered the wire to it and wouldn't glitch. But then idk cause it's working perfect now with nothing attached and cleaned. It just doesn't make since cause when all the other points were connected it booted just fine but with that one point connected NOPE rrod so stupid I don't understand.

Last edited:
XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm going to attempt this again in the morning on another Jasper. Simple question so after I install and read the nand and I completely install the cool runner an have it set to program should I be able to still boot fine without writing the ecc or will I get rrod?

Edit: So I'm going to try and bridge the CAP in the morning stupidly I didn't try that, I thought that just meant bridging 3 2 and jp whoops lol. So should bridging the cap possibly fix the rrod if the soldering is perfect? And would the bridge on 3 2 and jp mess up anything on rgh 1.2 or is that fine?

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it should boot while switch is flipped to program With everything wired up and stock nand . As far as the Coolrunner goes you don't want to touch any of the resistors/jumpers that are on there. Leave jp and all the jumpers Completely stock . The only thing for jaspers is bridging the cap pads . 
Maybe your Southbridge was on its way out or solder balls lifting / cracking and that's why it rrod with a wire on the clk. ? Try another console if u have one

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register