• Thread starter Pennies
  • Start date
  • Views 19,703
Pennies

Fruit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have the 0020 error code, any tips on fixing it? i tried youtube and google with no success.

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Grizzled Veteran Bright Idea Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How old is your XBOX, is it flashed? Any tampering you have done? Need a little bit more specifics. That error code is still unknown if I'm not mistaken.

Pennies

Fruit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
do i loosen up the big tall things screws or the small flat ones? ive tried to loosen them in almost every possible way but no success

Pennies

Fruit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
and should the small flat one be really tight? or semi tight or loose? and how tight/loose should the big tall one be?

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
and should the small flat one be really tight? or semi tight or loose? and how tight/loose should the big tall one be?

Almost to the point of being super tight by not to tight to the point where you really have to try and get them off.

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
when i loosen the big tall ones screws i get the 0011 error, man i just cant win

E05: CPU over heating - If you are receiving this error after disassembling your console make sure to all 8 of the heatsinc screws are tightened securely to the board/heatsink holes.

Keep trying. Also this list should help you. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Y

Yakkyyful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The heat sink bolts are to tight. Just loosen them up to fix it.

This can cause 0020, but you will not unless you recently were messing with the inside of your console.

Everyone says this error requires a reball to fix, but from my experience a reflow always does the trick. RRoDs that happen naturally will nearly never need a reball.

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This can cause 0020, but you will not unless you recently were messing with the inside of your console.

Everyone says this error requires a reball to fix, but from my experience a reflow always does the trick. RRoDs that happen naturally will nearly never need a reball.

I second this opinion. I have come across a few 0020 consoles. Fixed them with a reflow as long as they werent wrapped in a towel for hours before I got to them.

ftcskater

ftcskater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have the 0020 error code, any tips on fixing it? i tried youtube and google with no success.
Professional Reflow or Reball would be your best bet. 0020 can be a range of things. Cold/broken solder joint, dead GPU, dead EDRAM. Youtube and google fixes can sometimes damage, stress, or flex the the xbox motherboard. If you are interested in repairing it, let me know! Check my signature.

Good Luck!

I

-Inspire-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was looking around and I heard that older consoles get errors from a piece on the motherboard called MOSFETS but you will just have to Re-flow the GPU ,CPU and if that doesnt work look here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/402979-mega-repair-tutorial-thread/

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was looking around and I heard that older consoles get errors from a piece on the motherboard called MOSFETS but you will just have to Re-flow the GPU ,CPU and if that doesnt work look here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/402979-mega-repair-tutorial-thread/

Isn't it 0002 that means your MOSFETs are bad?

Top Bottom
Login
Register