• Thread starter thegamex11
  • Start date
  • Views 1,403
thegamex11

thegamex11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
heys guys what's up? I finally got my self a jtag but I'm in the process of repairing it right now. I noticed right away a capacitor was missing but I didn't care because I'm going to replace it. I also noticed the GPU chip was not sitting flat which is the usual cause of 0102. Before I did anything I checked the error code and it was 0001 plus 0102 but 0001 was covering that up. I assumed the capacitor was causing the 0001 but I didn't have anything to replace it with yet so I reflowed the GPU and it seemed successful. No "popcorn" affect or any noticeable damage. I checked the error code again and it wasn't 0001 anymore it was 0003. Do you think the reflow could have caused this? What's the best way to fix this?

P.S. I didnt replace the capacitor yet but I heard that won't cause 0003.
P.S.S I tried reallly hard on my grammar on this because I know some of you hate that.

come on some one please help

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
0003 - Power problem could be the PSU could be the GPU/CPU, somehow the console isn't getting clean power from the power supply.

Try a different PSU, or try making the heatsinks tighter/looser.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If the GPU wasn`t sitting flat, i`d bet that the previous owner had heatgunned the sh*te out of it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register