Question £500 Stream/Gaming build

• Thread starter HighlandRocket
  • Start date
  • Views 881
HighlandRocket

HighlandRocket

Reaction score
Sin$
I'd like to hear what you'd all build for a PC around that price, with that use in mind. If it ends up a little more that's fine. I have my own ideas but would like to see what you can come up with. I'll be going for it in a month or two after i manage to save up and move out. May as well start working it out now though.

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
EotM FotM Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Might be able to play Minecraft with that budget dunno though.

The monitor will probably cost you just under £100 itself if you want that sweet PC 120hz but like £70 brand new for an alright 60hz, unless you get a sweet deal. Good luck fitting a decent GPU in there too, if anything get an NVIDIA 1050 because the price just shoots higher from there. I'd say get an i5 processor but that'll probably blow your budget, so try to get the latest i3. 8GB any DDR4 RAM, then throw a 1TB Seagate HDD in there.

In all honesty, I'd say save up if you wanted to start streaming and gaming properly because you'll regret spending all that money on some ok hardware that can run Fortnite 30fps and it'd take you ages to render videos, whereas you spend double the amount and you're set for a good few years and you can play the best games. I'm no PC pro but I replied because nobody else would.

John_

John_

Y E E T
Mr. Nice Guy Stickied Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
The best I could come up with: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WNHzTB
The i3-8100 won't bottleneck a GTX1060 although probably won't be great for streaming.
The mobo could definitely be changed for a budget board but I feel the z370-a is a good board and would allow for a better CPU in the future.
8gb RAM is becoming the minimum for gaming. a 3200MHz stick could be better if you can find it cheap.
The GTX1060 is still a sound card and can run games perfectly fine currently.

Last edited:
theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Ryzen 3 processor on and AMD board would be a good option and probably better. No reason for a Z390 board on a locked processor, so get a cheaper motherboard if staying on the Intel platform. Dump the 1060 for a 1660TI, a lot more performance and they are within a few dollars of each other.

John_

John_

Y E E T
Mr. Nice Guy Stickied Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Ryzen 3 processor on and AMD board would be a good option and probably better. No reason for a Z390 board on a locked processor, so get a cheaper motherboard if staying on the Intel platform. Dump the 1060 for a 1660TI, a lot more performance and they are within a few dollars of each other.
The z390 is overkill but would allow for a much better CPU in the future.
I agree, the 1660ti would be better although I couldn't add it to a part list

Last edited:
HighlandRocket

HighlandRocket

Reaction score
Sin$
Might be able to play Minecraft with that budget dunno though.

The monitor will probably cost you just under £100 itself if you want that sweet PC 120hz but like £70 brand new for an alright 60hz, unless you get a sweet deal. Good luck fitting a decent GPU in there too, if anything get an NVIDIA 1050 because the price just shoots higher from there. I'd say get an i5 processor but that'll probably blow your budget, so try to get the latest i3. 8GB any DDR4 RAM, then throw a 1TB Seagate HDD in there.

In all honesty, I'd say save up if you wanted to start streaming and gaming properly because you'll regret spending all that money on some ok hardware that can run Fortnite 30fps and it'd take you ages to render videos, whereas you spend double the amount and you're set for a good few years and you can play the best games. I'm no PC pro but I replied because nobody else would.
It's obviously not including a monitor :smile:

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's obviously not including a monitor :smile:
You might want to state that you have peripherals next time, we have people that need monitors and keyboards in their build sometimes.

HighlandRocket

HighlandRocket

Reaction score
Sin$
So obvious...
You might want to state that you have peripherals next time, we have people that need monitors and keyboards in their build sometimes.
I'd assume it obvious due to the price point.
Thanks for your advice about saving up. I think with my budget i can build something suitable, with the ability to upgrade at a later date.

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
EotM FotM Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd assume it obvious due to the price point.
Thanks for your advice about saving up. I think with my budget i can build something suitable, with the ability to upgrade at a later date.
Best of luck pal

theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
The z390 is overkill but would allow for a much better CPU in the future.
I agree, the 1660ti would be better although I couldn't add it to a part list

True, and I agree, however if he does not plan to overclock there is no need for the Z390 Chipset. Never a bad idea to have an upgrade path though.

HighlandRocket

HighlandRocket

Reaction score
Sin$
When you're the only one trying to help someone and they reply back to you in relation to nothing you said.
Because none of the information was relevant due to me assuming others would know it didn't include a monitor... lmao

HighlandRocket

HighlandRocket

Reaction score
Sin$
True, and I agree, however if he does not plan to overclock there is no need for the Z390 Chipset. Never a bad idea to have an upgrade path though.
It's the board that i'm unsure about tbh I'd want to get one that supported a chipset from 1-2 years ago, with the ability to take 32+ gb ram and a high watt cpu.

Top Bottom
Login
Register