What's new

Discussion alienware mx17

hando78

hando78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no idea about computers but just bought a alienware mx17 laptop just wondering if anyones knows if you can upgrade parts on it and if so whats should I upgrade?? thanking you happy festivus

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I recommend returning it and getting a real computer.
Quality comment. 10/10

I have no idea about computers but just bought a alienware mx17 laptop just wondering if anyones knows if you can upgrade parts on it and if so whats should I upgrade?? thanking you happy festivus
To give a serious answer, I don't believe you'll be doing any upgrading. I don't know too much about Alienware, other than their price, though I have read that you can upgrade the processor, but I would very, very, VERY, highly recommend not attempting that. So, hopefully, you're happy with the specs you got, otherwise, I'd suggest returning the laptop, and trying something else that would suit your needs better. Naturally, if you do decide to return it, and need help with choosing another laptop, we'll be here to help out.

hando78

hando78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Quality comment. 10/10

To give a serious answer, I don't believe you'll be doing any upgrading. I don't know too much about Alienware, other than their price, though I have read that you can upgrade the processor, but I would very, very, VERY, highly recommend not attempting that. So, hopefully, you're happy with the specs you got, otherwise, I'd suggest returning the laptop, and trying something else that would suit your needs better. Naturally, if you do decide to return it, and need help with choosing another laptop, we'll be here to help out.
thanks for your time and info i bought it cheap off a shady person for $200 and yeah it works fine just dayz is a little dull was looking if i could make a little crisper. once again thanks for your time and info

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for your time and info i bought it cheap off a shady person for $200 and yeah it works fine just dayz is a little dull was looking if i could make a little crisper. once again thanks for your time and info
Ah, I see. Buying it used is a bit of a different matter, since returning it won't really do you much good. However, if it's one of the newest models of their laptops, you migor want to look into their external graphics enclosure, that allows you to use desktop gpus with your laptop. It isn't the cheapest thing, but there will be some chance for upgrading.

Again, this depends on the model you have, since it will only work with the newest models, as far as I know, at least.

Spider Man

Spider Man

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
for $200 keep it but yea there no real upgrade except a SSD for faster boots

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
Well post us your current specification so we can tell you what to upgrade? Also, avoid buying alienware in the future.

Taser

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Bright Idea Modder Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely you can only upgrade the ram and the hdd/ssd. I know some people try to upgrade the cpu and do fan/cooling mods on laptops but that is usually overkill and you risk braking the hardware. Also by doing those you void the warranty so if you do break it you are sol.

Rayven2

Rayven2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's difficult to do much upgrades with a laptop if your a novice, however as mentioned in the future ensure you don't go for alienware and perhaps think about getting a tower if mobility isn't a big issue :thumbsup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register