• Thread starter WalshyBoi14
  • Start date
  • Views 416
W

WalshyBoi14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so over the past day I am lagging crazy in every game of Modern Warfare I go into, I have been playing for a month with no such problems.

When I went into my friends game I lagged out of it even though I had a Full Green connection.This is really driving me insane.I have dsl internet (I use ethernet no router).Any help would be gractiously accepted as we are snowed in and I'm going insane!!

Here a pic of a speed test.

T

thatguyyouknow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WalshyBoi14 said:
Ok so over the past day I am lagging crazy in every game of Modern Warfare I go into, I have been playing for a month with no such problems.

When I went into my friends game I lagged out of it even though I had a Full Green connection.This is really driving me insane.I have dsl internet (I use ethernet no router).Any help would be gractiously accepted as we are snowed in and I'm going insane!!

Here a pic of a speed test.

Ouch it must suck.

1. Well first your connection isn't too fast which could be the cause.

2. Another option maybe to open up all the needed ports to play xbox live as this may give you a better playing experience.

The ports are:

Also heres a link on how to open ports on thousands of different routers

Port Forwarding

3. Theres a slight chance someone is DDosing you and if this is the case then you should phone up your ISP and ask them to change your ip address.​

W

WalshyBoi14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks I know my connection is not great but I have never lagged out of a game because of my connection till now. Also am I wrong but can't you only port forward if you have a router?

iMo

iMo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WalshyBoi14 said:
Thanks I know my connection is not great but I have never lagged out of a game because of my connection till now. Also am I wrong but can't you only port forward if you have a router?

If you're on a DSL line then the "modem" is typically the router.

If you can provide me with the make and model of your DSL "modem", I may be able to help you navigate the settings.

I've had the best results just adding the 360 to the DMZ (De-militarized zone).

W

WalshyBoi14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RUMPLEFORSKIN said:
If you're on a DSL line then the "modem" is typically the router.

If you can provide me with the make and model of your DSL "modem", I may be able to help you navigate the settings.

I've had the best results just adding the 360 to the DMZ (De-militarized zone).

This is where it gets complicated mate I have a small little three way connection, power, ethernet and dsl coming down from my reciever on the roof if you have heard of this???

DSC00357.jpg

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
if you don't have a router you can't port forward lol, all connections are automatically forwarded to your xbox if thats what's plugged in.

iMo

iMo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WalshyBoi14 said:
But I still get moderate NAT???

If that's how your setup is, holy GOD. A shot in the dark would be contacting your ISP and letting them know what issues you're having. If they're handling all the security and such on their end, you might be able to get them to forward those ports for you.

W

WalshyBoi14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RUMPLEFORSKIN said:
If that's how your setup is, holy GOD. A shot in the dark would be contacting your ISP and letting them know what issues you're having. If they're handling all the security and such on their end, you might be able to get them to forward those ports for you.

LOL I know:biggrin:

Ok I'll Try that do I just tell them the ports and they should open them?

K

kiirk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds a bit like mine, I found my problem - ipod touch.

You can try and prove me wrong, and hopefully I can be proved wrong but, when ever I used wifi on my ipod touch near my wireless xbox, it seemed to mess up my connection.

So I just stopped using my iPod near my xbox and I was fine.

Top Bottom
Login
Register