Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Halodu2de

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
mexkan said:
The iPhone was made by people who are known mainly for user friendly and graphic products... The pre has no outside look... They are focusing on everything the iPhone can't do instead of trying to make a better phone... Honestly... Jailbreaking your phone is like udating it... Then the limits are endless... Sprint by the way has shifty service compared to AT&T... And the iPhone didn't update video for two years cause they knew how to milk it for all it's worth... They had no need too... I don't think your bored... You just know your arguement if poitless

It is a better phone... The iPhone has an easy interface yes, but if it had no apps it would in no way be the most popular or best phone. What if you have to update your phone? You loose all the jailbreak **** and have to put it all on again. Again, I live in Ohio, Kentucky, and Florida, and I have perfect signal everywhere with sprint. And about the video, LOL, no need to, BS.

"The picture is proof of concept that the iphone is multi task i purposely coded it to look like the pre so i can prove it.
Lets see you do that.
I love how you say the pre is better at it even though you have never even seen my app or have any idea how well it works."

The pre is amazing at multitasking, the iphone cant be any better, i granted ive never tried it, it cant be better so its either equal or the same.

"Who cares about your opinion of what faster im talking solid fact of what has better hardware to get the job done."

THEY HAVE THE SAME HARDWARE SPECS THEY ARE BARELY DIFFERENT >>.
Both CPUs go up to 600 MHz, and they have the same ram, 256 MB.
It's not opinion, it's proof dumb****.

".3 is alot considering they measure the screen on the hypotenuse and the screens are only a couple of inches as is"

It is so little that it makes no difference is what i'm trying to get accross to you.

"Are you really that dumb? Push notifications were specifically designed by apple to not consume battery. Theres your proof. You have absolutly no idea how a computer works at all do you. Let alone realize that my hardware on my phone is better meaning i can adapt my phones software to do anything your phone can do and faster too."

Read this very carefully: I CAN RUN MORE THAN 4 APPS AT ONCE FOR 5 HOURS SOMETIMES EVEN MORE. And even if it DID take down the battery, i could just keep one app open like on the iphone, so with the pre i have many more options.

"It is amazing how every single one of your facts is based off of an opinion "my phone takes much better pictures then my moms" is an opinion unless you have proof behind it."

I will take a picture from each phone to prove it to you. Its all in the lense, MP doesnt matter if you have a ****ty lense.

"Did you read my post or do you just not know what an arm processor is capible off. And in case you were wondering since the iphone isnt capible of adapting to it adobe is adapting flash to work on the iphone. So dont even talk before you have your facts."

Adobe says Flash for webOS coming in first half of 2010 | PreCentral.net

"Maybe if your battery didnt suck and get consumed by all your backgrounded apps you wouldnt need an extra battery"

Did you hear me when i said this:
My pre lasts 3 days in standby, and about 5 hours of strenuous use (web browsing, background apps, messaging, music player, facebook). All with a couple patches installed that improve performance. My moms phone barely does half that.

"Wow were did you read that increasing maximum cpu speed saves battery again you dont know what your talking about"

Patches enable Palm Pre CPU scaling, power savings | PreCentral.net
B*tch.

"Yes it can. Their called mobile substrate addons"

G4U.

"Its uncapped to begin with."

Then why do websites and downloads exactly the same, with the same signal strength, go 2 times faster on my iphone than my moms. That is proof.

"Yes i can i can also turn my SSD hdd into swap ram so i can make my iphone have over 15 gigs of ram and still have more HDD room then you."

Not in the phone >>.

"Yes."

So you are saying you can have unlimited pages of apps? If so g4u.

"Yes. Mx tube supports it."

g4u.

7. Enable haptic feedback (vibration) for any gesture in any app on the phone."I have read this statment atleast 15 times and still have no idea what your trying to say."

Wow you are dumb. It means say, if I were to change it for the phone app, every time i tap a letter the phone does a quick jolt/vibration, like the samsung instinct.

"we can do that out of the box."

Since when, I've never seen it on my moms phone.

"Ok i will post a tutorial on how to jailbreak right here for you.
1) plug your iphone in
2)Click make it rain

REAL PAINSTAKING I KNOW."

I meant that if you have to upgrade to a new firmware you have to put everything you had as far as jailbroken things back on it.

"That is the most embarrassing number i have ever seen iphone had over 10,000 the day the appstore was released. First you say the only thing the iphone has over the pre is the appstore then you try to use your "Homebrew" as an argument?"

I'm saying it has more homebrew since start than the iPhone did. And are you ****ing stupid? Palm hasnt even opened development to the public yet, they are still in the early access phase, get your ****ing facts straight.
Palm pre apps will be = iPhone apps:
http://www.precentral.net/sites/pre...sler/2009/11/thumb_tall_new-app-catalog-1.jpg
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCVnxXvEAPo[/ame]

"My iphone last over 300 hours in standby
6 hours of "strenuous use""

Well I don't know what phone you have but its apparently over 2 times better with battery life than the iPhone 3GS my mom has >>.
Also, strenuous use on the iphone is different than the pre, as the iPhone only runs one app at a time while the pre runs up to 13-15. With 13 apps open my pre lasts for 3 hours of strenuous use, but that never happens as i only need 3-5.

"Um whats the point of having a back up if it doesnt back up to anywere.
that would be like me duplicating my HDD on to the same HDD just as a back up. So when my HDD crashes im ****ed."

What the F*CK are you saying?? It backs up on a server so when my phone breaks or i get a new one or whatever, i log into my palm profile and it put all my data back on my phone, which is 10x more efficient than a dock you dont have to do ANYTHING.

"Its your location move to someplace that has some significance to society."

I live in cincinnati ohio, and if you forgot to read it i said my mom TRAVELS for business idiot.

"I do have fat fingers thats why i like a keyboard that isnt smaller then they typical pre fanns penis."

Fatty, get out of your basement.

"i love how you say the palm is adding words constantly as if the iphone isnt."

I never said that dumb****.

"Kid your like 16 years old how are you to say what makes a good business phone?"

Because my mom has an iphone and doesnt like it for her business, and the pre does everything the iphone does business wise.

"Just stop talking your embarrasing your self. I said the iphone has an arm-based processor anybody with a IQ above single digits knows that means its not capible of running flash. I already said it it is amazing how you dont know what your talking about but continue to pretend like you are the worlds greatest phone guru.
In the next release of flash Adobe has incorporated a way to make your flash video iPhone compatible. Meaning the flash adapted for the iphone.

Stop using flash as an excuse if you have no idea about the technical specs behind it i was in no way comparing the processors i simply stated the iphone 3gs has an arm11 processor. all previous versions are arm 7.

In conclusion you have absolutely no knowledge about programming or how a computer even works for that matter. I would suggest doing some basic research before you try to make the worlds most popular phone look bad. I can name plenty of things about the iphone i don't like however your 13 year old mind would not even beable to process what i was talking about so im not going to make an attempt to explain it."

About flash: Adobe says Flash for webOS coming in first half of 2010 | PreCentral.net

Also, I have a life, idc about processors noob.

M

Matermine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halodu2de said:
Also, I have a life,

That's a questionable statement after writing a page long essay on your feelings about a phone.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
LMAO WINRAR.
All your arguments now are your fat, you have no life, good for you, and my phone will eventually not suck so much.

If you don't like the iphone go back to the pre section and talk about the pre in there. Oh wait?

Ohh and FYI Rock backs up all the apps you download into your rock account so when you update you can simply fire rock up click restore apps and it will reinstall all your jailbroken apps. So their goes your only arguement.

And stop using flash as an argument. I clearly stated the techs behind it and you are to dumb to beable to understand them just accept it and stop talking. I am well aware that flash is going to android based phones you dont have to link me to a ****ty artical 9 times.

H

h2o pete

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Palm Pre-School isn't the world's most popular phone. It's the iPhone.

Stop with all the 'if the iphone had no apps it would be ****' thing.. You can't just take out one of it's main features when talking about whether it's good or not..

As for business phones, I think Nokia would do pretty well... even though most people in america have no idea about the symbian OS.

I love my Nokia phones and although I hate to admit it, the iPhone is the best for apps. By far. iPhone OS has just overtaken symbian as the world's most popular smartphone OS. And it will continue to get bigger because of the huge app support and how easy it is to use. It has an amazing touch screen, the best I've used - unfortunately much better than my Nokia 5800. The Palm Pre / Nokia phones won't catch up with the iPhone now. Unless the iPhone does something seriously wrong in the future. Which I doubt.

H

Halodu2de

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not arguing any more I won andd you guys don't have any comeback but the iphone being the most popular, that doesn't tell quality, there are tons of people with pres and why is the pre rated 2nd right after iphone huh? Idc I'm going to hang with my friends so bye, I won.

H

h2o pete

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Halodu2de said:
I'm not arguing any more I won andd you guys don't have any comeback but the iphone being the most popular, that doesn't tell quality, there are tons of people with pres and why is the pre rated 2nd right after iphone huh? Idc I'm going to hang with my friends so bye, I won.

Actually, Symbian is the most popular smartphone I got it wrong. iPhone OS is most popular as a mobile web browser followed by symbian.

But no lol as for popularity palm pre isn't exactly second/

Here's the chart for the most popular smartphone OS:

Global+Smartphone+Sales.JPG

So basically a lot of people use the iPhone for web browsing compared to symbian users lol.

The reason it's so popular is because it has better apps than other mobile devices. People buy the other devices and then realise that the apps aren't as good and they could get better ones on the iPhone. As soon as they accept that they want to get an iPhone which just makes the iPhone even more popular. Come back and check this thread in 2 years. If the palm pre-school thing whatever is more popular than the iPhone (or whatever the equivalent apple mobile device is at the time) then I will seriously pay you $500. I don't think I'll be worrying about that one :tongue:

That was my first post in this thread lol I haven't been trying to argue with you I've just been posting my opinion, which is what all of this is. You really must have no life at all if you keep insisting that 'you won'. See, the truth is most people in this thread don't care about winning an argument but they're actually open to other people's opinions because they realise and accept that they don't know everything about all of the mobile devices in the world. Enjoy your hand.

H

Halodu2de

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
h2o pete said:
Actually, Symbian is the most popular smartphone I got it wrong. iPhone OS is most popular as a mobile web browser followed by symbian.

But no lol as for popularity palm pre isn't exactly second/

Here's the chart for the most popular smartphone OS:

Global+Smartphone+Sales.JPG

So basically a lot of people use the iPhone for web browsing compared to symbian users lol.

The reason it's so popular is because it has better apps than other mobile devices. People buy the other devices and then realise that the apps aren't as good and they could get better ones on the iPhone. As soon as they accept that they want to get an iPhone which just makes the iPhone even more popular. Come back and check this thread in 2 years. If the palm pre-school thing whatever is more popular than the iPhone (or whatever the equivalent apple mobile device is at the time) then I will seriously pay you $500. I don't think I'll be worrying about that one :tongue:

That was my first post in this thread lol I haven't been trying to argue with you I've just been posting my opinion, which is what all of this is. You really must have no life at all if you keep insisting that 'you won'. See, the truth is most people in this thread don't care about winning an argument but they're actually open to other people's opinions because they realise and accept that they don't know everything about all of the mobile devices in the world. Enjoy your hand.

K see ya here in 2 years.

M

Matermine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WAIT! I thought this argument was about the Palm Pre NOW? I didn't know we were talking about in the future.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The palm pre being better thread in the iPhone/iPod area was a fail from the start.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Halodu2de said:
How have you won you are still yet to bring up one single valid argument against the iphone other then the fact that the camera doesn't have a flash witch isn't even that big of a deal.

You took took the iphones biggest feature out of the argument and still failed to make one single arrangement against it.

If you would like i will break down your entire last post and make you look stupid yet again.

The fact that you said you were going to hang out with your friends made me laugh so hard because you went on the internet to advertise that you had friends witch is pretty ****ing funny IMO. IF you didn't notice almost every single one of my long response were after midnight when i get home then all my short ones were made from my iphone.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Arguing this is the only thing that keeps me from being bored... And yes... It's all from my CRAPY iPhone...

H

Halodu2de

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgoten Dynasty said:
How have you won you are still yet to bring up one single valid argument against the iphone other then the fact that the camera doesn't have a flash witch isn't even that big of a deal.

You took took the iphones biggest feature out of the argument and still failed to make one single arrangement against it.

If you would like i will break down your entire last post and make you look stupid yet again.

The fact that you said you were going to hang out with your friends made me laugh so hard because you went on the internet to advertise that you had friends witch is pretty ****ing funny IMO. IF you didn't notice almost every single one of my long response were after midnight when i get home then all my short ones were made from my iphone.

first of all I actually WAS hanging out with friends in real life going to a movie with a friend and two chicks, but like I showed in my post you can't make a comeback, you are the one with a bad argument, and I know that my phone is better so there is no need for you to argue against me. The reason I started this thread was I was out at my dads house in the country with no tv and nothing to do, so I decided to argue with some iphone fanboys for fun, now, I'm back home so stop posting I don't feel like laughing at you anymore. Go ahead and try a comeback to this post but I know in my head that my phone is better. So lets all pay attention to the pic above k? Btw I saw you multiple times at the bottom of the page reading this thread for more than 10 mins at a time so don't try to say you only get on at night. Buhbye have fun with your iphones.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes when your on your iPhone and have to do something. You put your phone on standbye and do it, then come back to it. Instead of arguing why the pre is better, you are acting like a huge baby saying you quit arguing and you win. YOU STOP POSTING in the IPHONE section about your 2nd to iPhone Pre, and if you are so busy. Then why are you sitting here watching someones name at the bottom of the screen? Your arguement+your lies+your thread= EPIC FAIL.

If there is more reasons you would like to state about how the pre is better, then I encourage it. I'm sure someone can argue how the iPhone is better (besides the phone having flash, but I have never bought ANY phone cause it had flash). If there is no more arguements that are on subject, then stop wasting your busy life posting on here. IT'S POINTLESS!!!!!

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know that my phone is better so there is no need for you to argue against me.
I think that statement was an opinion!! Meaning this thread is a matter of opinion not which one is better. So people like the iPhone some people like the pre. Now if yall are goin to keep fighting about which phone is better just to prove your right, go right away and waste your life.

I know that my phone is better so there is no need for you to argue against me.
I think that statement was an opinion!! Meaning this thread is a matter of opinion not which one is better. So people like the iPhone some people like the pre. Now if yall are goin to keep fighting about which phone is better just to prove your right, go right away and waste your life.

D

Dot

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Nightcast said:
By reading your last post all it comes down to is that your a pre fanboy and it's a matter of opinions. It's always and will always be about opinions.

IMO the iphone is better. I have sprint right now and I get dropped calls all the time.

I too get dropped calls often. On average 2 per day.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Halodu2de said:
first of all I actually WAS hanging out with friends in real life going to a movie with a friend and two chicks,
No one cares. If you really think going to the movies is a good night out you need to get a life. Seriously going to the movies is something i either do with just me and my girlfriend or when im completely gone and we have nothing else to do.

Halodu2de said:
but like I showed in my post you can't make a comeback,
You havent posted anything for us to make a come back too.

you are the one with a bad argument,
I have not made any arguements i have only discredited yours.

a
nd I know that my phone is better so there is no need for you to argue against me.
what ever helps you sleep at night
The reason I started this thread was I was out at my dads house in the country with no tv and nothing to do,
Again move some where that has some significants to secioty.

so I decided to argue with some iphone fanboys for fun,
I feel bad for you your oponion of fun is going to the movies and argueing with iphone fan boys

now, I'm back home so stop posting I don't feel like laughing at you anymore.
You were really laughing?
Im sorry i am still yet to actually LOL at something on the internet (Or atleast its a very rare occurance)

Go ahead and try a comeback to this post but I know in my head that my phone is better.
I just did.
And once again yeah its all in your head what ever helps you sleep at night

So lets all pay attention to the pic above k?
Im sorry but i do belive you just stated that:
1) you won
2) you were arguing for fun?

Btw I saw you multiple times at the bottom of the page reading this thread for more than 10 mins at a time
UMM have you ever heard of tabbed browseing. Or maybe backgrounding safari. Or maybe leaving my computer (i know its hard for you to do that)
Glad to see you sat here for 10 mins repeatedly refreshing the page just to see if i was still viewing it.

so don't try to say you only get on at night.
Since when does me looking at this thread for 10 mins and me only getting on at night mutually exclusive.
Buhbye have fun with your iphones.
Don't worry I am. Nazi zombies FTW.

H

Halodu2de

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgoten Dynasty said:
No one cares. If you really think going to the movies is a good night out you need to get a life. Seriously going to the movies is something i either do with just me and my girlfriend or when im completely gone and we have nothing else to do.

You havent posted anything for us to make a come back too.

I have not made any arguements i have only discredited yours.

awhat ever helps you sleep at night
Again move some where that has some significants to secioty.

I feel bad for you your oponion of fun is going to the movies and argueing with iphone fan boys

You were really laughing?
Im sorry i am still yet to actually LOL at something on the internet (Or atleast its a very rare occurance)

I just did.
And once again yeah its all in your head what ever helps you sleep at night

Im sorry but i do belive you just stated that:
1) you won
2) you were arguing for fun?

UMM have you ever heard of tabbed browseing. Or maybe backgrounding safari. Or maybe leaving my computer (i know its hard for you to do that)
Glad to see you sat here for 10 mins repeatedly refreshing the page just to see if i was still viewing it.

Since when does me looking at this thread for 10 mins and me only getting on at night mutually exclusive.
Don't worry I am. Nazi zombies FTW.

lmfao.

T

Targetguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Iphone wins because it has Cydia and you can get everything for free, Plus sprint blows. Ive had it for 3 years and thats the only good phone it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register