• Thread starter rocky11185
  • Start date
  • Views 602
rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to flash my Hitachi 47 Drive (I know it's old) using Slax 2. I can get the DVD Drive into Mode B but once I restart my computer, the XBOX gives me RRoD with 2 lights (overheating I believe). Odd part is, the box doesn't RRoD unless I'm trying to flash it. Any ideas?

Can someone please help me with this? This is my first time flashing and I really need the advice.

K

Kickenwing

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Mkae sure that you place the fan tunnel behind the fan like it normaly should be their. If that fan tunnel isn't their the xbox will overheat.

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the help. The box didn't RRoD this time but now I have a much bigger problem. For some reason, my computer won't boot up anymore. It turns on but won't do anything anymore. I unplugged the XBOX from it thinking that would fix it but it doesn't. The computer still spins disks but that's it. Nothing shows up on the screen, the keyboard doesn't respond, etc. Any ideas as to what happened?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ughh Ohh. You may have shocked your PC.

Did you have the metal case of the 360 touching a metal(unpainted) part of your PC's case? If not the 360 may have shorted your PC out. Very uncommon but it can happen if the 360 and computer are not grounded to each other.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you unplug the hard drive to flash the 360? Make sure it is connected, your vga cable could have came loose, make sure to check that.

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The XBOX was touching an unpainted part of the computer tower. The cables are all fine. It turns on when I press the power button but does nothing else. The Number Lock light on the keyboard turns on but right after that, nothing works. The monitor says that there's no signal.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Start checking all connections in your PC. If you have another VGA cable or what ever output cable you are using try that. Doesn't sound like your PC is fried if the only thing happening is a no signal message.

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Odd thing is the Number Lock light turns on when I boot the computer up but I can't turn it off or turn on any other lights (Caps Lock and Scroll Lock). When I press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, it does nothing. I'm worried about this since it's not my computer.

I'm giving thanks to all those that help me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register