• Thread starter sealman1234
  • Start date
  • Views 4,536
S

sealman1234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, im getting a little bit confused here, people are saying that if you iso mod waw you have a very high chance of being banned. Why exactly is that? do they mean that there is some kind of system that automatically detects that your modding? Or do they just mean that if you do it in a public match, people will see you and report you?

I

insulting

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got my score for Nazi Zombies reset today. With no punishment whatsoever. I think it's based off of if they report you and Treyarch looks into it.

yermommy

yermommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes XBL does an auto check whether the CRC's, or the games contents, match what it should look like to validate that it is a legitimate copy of the game and your drive does not have custom firmware(aka "flashed"). You will usually be console banned wihin a week or two of ISO modding.

ChalkyBarracuda

ChalkyBarracuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mike Waggs said:
I got my score for Nazi Zombies reset today. With no punishment whatsoever. I think it's based off of if they report you and Treyarch looks into it.
yeah a while ago i got reset, and i only had about 30 rounds solo, i thought that was kind of odd

LaH x MaH

LaH x MaH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sometimes you get banned right away or sometimes months later. It all depends.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ChalkyBarracuda said:
isn't it happening like right now?

a deeper b1ue said:

Not particularly for cod iso modding, mainly it is for flashed xbox's and pre-released review copies.

The reason they can detect you if you are iso modding is because by modifying the actual iso you also modify the stealth files so it does not match up and it can be easily detected.

a deeper b1ue

a deeper b1ue

Ghost in the machine
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
o m1a1 o said:
run it through abgx if it says stealth passed ur fine

But the crc won't match because the game is modded, so you can still get caught.

ttrever

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
okay point is .ISO modding is VERY risky and don't whine if you get banned.

R

richielasalsa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ive had my gamerscore my flashed drive for 2 years i dont play a game till it is fully green in abgx and verified! uall are noobs if u get banned becuase uall think if ur offine playing a game that is not released uall wont get caught .. it entills on ur box not ur history.. but neways its been about 3 weeks now ive been modding zombies since map pack 2 or 3 w.e it was no rpiblem never got banned change ur local get ur id nulled u will be fine!:?

and the ban wave is unconfimed!:thumbup:

K

knockout

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
richielasalsa said:
ive had my gamerscore my flashed drive for 2 years i dont play a game till it is fully green in abgx and verified! uall are noobs if u get banned becuase uall think if ur offine playing a game that is not released uall wont get caught .. it entills on ur box not ur history.. but neways its been about 3 weeks now ive been modding zombies since map pack 2 or 3 w.e it was no rpiblem never got banned change ur local get ur id nulled u will be fine!:?

and the ban wave is unconfimed!:thumbup:

im sorry dude but what? i didnt understand any of that really.... its mostly typos or a different new language i dont even think its english lol O.O

it was no rpiblem?

anyways last time i checked nulling ur ids really didnt do anything. u can still be banned with nulling ur ids... i tried it on a profile and then got reported so many times and the name got banned lol

|337 K|D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yermommy said:
Yes XBL does an auto check whether the CRC's, or the games contents, match what it should look like to validate that it is a legitimate copy of the game and your drive does not have custom firmware(aka "flashed"). You will usually be console banned wihin a week or two of ISO modding.

to clear this up, if you have a modded iso disk or a burnt disk stealth patch or no patch, but you dont have firmware (currently extreme 1.6) then you will be consoled banned with the next ban wave.

M

MXG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Modding Noobs you get them in any forum<_<

Ok guys if you do iso modding in fact "YES" you do get busted occasionally
and if you flash your dvd 9 drive "YES" they can track you through there system
and if any noob doesnt know how if you have ever played cod4 on pc the security program called "PUNKBUSTER" is the same as xbox lives system thetoretically speaking it scans your mother board, Hdd , DVD drive etc to see if theres and temp memorey corruption but this happenes only every couple months also if you want to know more ive heard that you type in google "xbox live ban wave alerts" and it should give you a update telling not to turn your xbox360 on for a couple of days and also punkbuster only scan the cod4 file but its basically the same :huh:

a deeper b1ue

a deeper b1ue

Ghost in the machine
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
axzamxa said:
Has anyone been banned yet for this?

Maybe not specificly for iso modding, but yes people who have iso modded have been banned.

Top Bottom
Login
Register