What's new

Solved I need help un-screwing myself. Expert opinions wanted.

OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've got a little problem, and I'm turning to my fellow Se7enSinners for some much needed help. Let me start off by saying I know I'm dumb, no need to tell me that. I recently got my 360 flashed, downloaded some games to see if it worked, it did, I was thrilled. I heard through the grapevine that Halo 3: ODST was leaked, and my patience for 9/22 to arrive quickly disappeared. I started playing it, was looking around, and POOF! Achievement unlocked! Apparently I walked by some box that heals you and you get an achievement for that. And I also forgot to take out my HDD. So therein lies the problem. I figured I already screwed myself, so might as well keep playing. Well, I did some research, and apparently you can lock achievements that you unlocked using a hex editor. This sounded very good. Then a friend suggested, why not just delete your profile and recover it from XBL? This sounded even better. Here's the key thing. I HAVE NOT been on XBL, or even had my ethernet cable plugged into the back of my 360 since BEFORE I played ODST. I said I was dumb, not completely retarded. So basically, XBL has no record of me having ever played ODST, unlocking achievements, etc. So my question to my fellow deviants is, if I deleted my profile, (I would do it using xplorer360 just to make sure it was gone completely) plugged my ethernet cable back in, turned on my 360, and recovered my profile from XBL, that would put my profile back to the way it was before I played ODST and theoretically un-screw me, right? Or am I totally missing something? My goal is for there to be no record of me having ever played ODST prior to its release date. Any advice from people who actually KNOW what they are talking about is most welcome.

Y

YaBoyReVeNg3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dont touch your profile in Xplorer360.

Just delete your profile off your xbox, with your internet un-plugged. Then plug in your internet and recover your XBL account, then your back in the safe zone.

Because you have not played online, it will show up on your personal gamercard when you view it but if someone else from XBL viewed it, it would not show ODST there.

So just re-recover your XBL account after deleting it, and you will be fine :smile:

Please Give Thanks :thumbup:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
YaBoyReVeNg3 said:
Dont touch your profile in Xplorer360.

Just delete your profile off your xbox, with your internet un-plugged. Then plug in your internet and recover your XBL account, then your back in the safe zone.

Because you have not played online, it will show up on your personal gamercard when you view it but if someone else from XBL viewed it, it would not show ODST there.

So just re-recover your XBL account after deleting it, and you will be fine :smile:

Please Give Thanks :thumbup:
The 360 will still send the log when it signs on.

Y

YaBoyReVeNg3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:

But there would be no evidence that he played ODST, therefore meaning he wont get a ban, or having a real slime chance of getting banned?

OLine57

OLine57

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:

But if I've deleted my profile prior to signing on, what would there be to send? That's the only thing I can think of that would still screw me, but what would the 360 log that deleting my profile wouldn't take care of? Or does it log it somewhere else that I can't access via xplorer360 or hex editor?

Also, I'm not overly concerned with a console ban. That I can fix. I'm worried about a gamertag ban. But I would like to avoid the headache of it all, if possible. :smile:

I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's no evidence that you played odst if you did what you said you did. The profile that played odst would be deleted, unable to send microsoft any logs when you connect to xbox live. You're in the clear :thumbup:

OLine57

OLine57

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna delete my profile, load up every 360 game that I own just in case it helps, recover my profile. I know I won't get insta-banned 'cause the bans come in waves, but I'll update every once in a while. Hopefully you won't see me say something like, "The banhammer swingeth".

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure you delete any savedata as well

EclipseModz said:

The 360 doesnt log that...the profile does, which is alleviated by deleting the profile

OLine57

OLine57

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm glad you said that. I'm gonna delete the whole damn ODST folder in xplorer360. I would have forgotten about that. See? That's why I need you people. To help counteract my dumbness.

J

jdcx95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Venomous Fire said:
Make sure you delete any savedata as well

The 360 doesnt log that...the profile does, which is alleviated by deleting the profile

There is a cache of the games you've played on the internal NAND.

OLine57

OLine57

Reaction score
Sin$
What is NAND? And if I start up every game I own, which is like 50, shouldn't that be enough to cycle that out of the cache?

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe, but if you can do it, clear your hard drive. There would be no chance of getting banned then.

Or just delete your profile.

Or else the flying ninja's will depart from their hideouts...:confused:cared:

OLine57

OLine57

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Also delete the cache files.

Where would those be? Wait, are you talking about x,x,lb,rb, or whatever clears your cache on the 360 dash? Or something that I need to delete in xplorer360?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
oline57 said:
Where would those be? Wait, are you talking about x,x,lb,rb, or whatever clears your cache on the 360 dash? Or something that I need to delete in xplorer360?
Yeah. When you load the maps it saves cache files on your 360. With the new update you don't have to do the code anymore. Its a option now. Just delete the cache and do the other things along with it and you should be fine. Considering that would be all the evidence of the game being played deleted.

Top Bottom
Login
Register