• Thread starter NinjaApprentice
  • Start date
  • Views 14,358
J

Jro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
YEA BRO MEE TOO i've always used "the claw" A lot of ppl think its really weird but its comfortable for me and thats just how I play. I also use tactical in cod 4/5 cuz i play claw.

D

DoctoreT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, and the "claw" is also very good when playing Gears of War, it's alot easier.
When I first played at a LAN tournment some of my friends where like "wowowowowo, that's sick".
But it's so usefull, I really like it

Abneris

Abneris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone should just stop flaming the guy as he's written all that crap to help us out. And we respond with, 'STFU LET US PLEH TEH WAY WE WANT!!1'.

If you really find that although the advice is good and has good supporting examples, but you're fine the way you're playing, you should really say something like, 'Thanks man, but I'm fine the way I play.'

XbL General

XbL General

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
NinjaApprentice said:
Well, to start with, it is admirable of you that you can play on a ten and your muscle memory can do slight jerks on the sticks to move the aim where you need to. Nothing I stated contridicted that however. After a while of playing on a ten, your thumbs naturally will grow accustomed to it to where you can move the sticks faster and faster. Control becomes mastered to a point where you know exactly how to move and at what speed so that your aim always stays on point. Nevertheless, a person who starts on ten most usually doesn't start off with that kind of mastery. That is where one has to learn control, so that they can confortably grow accustomed to moving the analog at slower or faster speeds.

If you would admit it to yourself, you most probably used my methods unconsciencely while you were playing. Tell me that in your gameplay you had not at times barely inched left or right on the analog at moments to get the aim at a certain point or to "follow" someone with your reticle. Surely you did this with a BR when at mid range opponents are strafing. You can't jerk the aim left or right eradicately and expect to keep your reticle on them or for your bullets to hit while they are moving. In those moments, you most likely slowed your aim so that the reticle never left their head. What I am saying is no different.

Now, on to your second paragraph. Arrogance? Hardly. There is nothing arrogant about knowledge. I'm not going to come up here and boast if I don't believe what I have to offer is actually helpful or based off of fact. You take it as arrogance because I am telling people it gives them a clear advantage. Would you claim a man who understands the importance of good BR shooting or sniping to be arrogant if he were to go on a forum explaining the importance thereof? Surely not. You on the otherhand proceed to address me as a "kiddie" and "scrubkake" when you know nothing of me.

And please, don't come with that crap of "MLG players don't always use it and their pros"-- bull. Have you seen MLG lately? "Pro" means Professional. And there is absolutely nothing professional about MLG anymore. If you even look at the maps and game setup, MLG has been doing nothing but trying to force H3 to be H2-- because they recognise that there is little to seperate the average idiot from the so-called "pros". The gameplay footage of these "pros" is laughable and pathetic at best and every other player that can claim to be decently good out there can claim to have a similar clip. Why? Because they're still playing this game like Halo 2. They either are unable or unwilling to adapt to the differences that exist and so are hardly better then anyone else. What's tragic is that there is an abundance of useful knowledge in H3 that can be used by those willing to put the time and practice in that, if harnessed, can create a truely "professional" class.

But honestly, to get back on topic, for you to think that the ability to turn faster does not give you an advantage, you are being quite frankly simple minded. It's common sense really. Do me a favor; put a vice on your head and then go into a paintball match with your friends. Tell me if you wouldn't have liked the ability to turn your head faster at times. But it hardly surprises me that you hadn't noticed any difference. Probably because you play the same way everyone else plays rather than try to experiment with what knowledge is out there to use your turn speed to an advantage. 10 sensitivity I believe enhances your capabilities with aim, moving your head away from shots, and reacting to unexpected circumstances (ex. a man starts shotting his BR at your side and you need to face him quickly so you can begin firing back immediately), but it can do more for you if you allow yourself to think and study it. If you don't think that turn speed gave your more options, made you better, or gave you even the slightest advantage then honestly, as rude as this will sound, I would question your skill and your battlefield intelligence. Its a matter of simple logic, my friend.

Jesus Christ, wall of text :|

On topic: Do you think you are cool or something because you play on 10?
And honestly, I think everyone here know what's best for them.

Sidewinder

Yankees09Champs

Where is the Halo 2 section?
Fabled Veteran Forum Addict Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty much all pros in every game will say the lower the better. The lower, the better your aim. If your team calls points out well, you will never have to turn on someone.

3-4 FTW.

S

Syko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
everyone complains, *****es, and moans about this. hey heres an idea!!
PLAY ON THE SENSITIVITY YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH
woah!? crazy thought right?? :ohmy:

T

tactr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I play on a 2. I can switch higher for swat occasionally, but for snipes I play at a 1. IMO slower is in fact better, AND it doesn't effect you as much if you're scoped and get shot moving the crosshairs and your aim "flies" away from the target.

T

TomW

Reaction score
Sin$
Holy C*** guys, give ninja a break.
He was only giving advise, nobody said you have to use it.
And people who are saying he is being arrogant by saying if your not using 10 then your limiting yourselves, the fact of the matter is he is right, its a fact.
Your limiting the speed of which you can turn and aim, even if high sensetivity can be a disadvantage in some scenarios.
Some people, like myself, might prefer having a lower sensetivity than ten because its more simple and 'easier'. But at the end of the day, being able to turn and aim quicker than your opponents is always going to give you an advantage and if you have the skill to not overturn and overjudge your aiming then the highest sensitivity is always going to be the one for you.
Besides, if it takes more skill to use, its got to be better.
Somebody tell me im wrong... And give reasons.

Calamity

Calamity

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
High Sensitivity > Low Sensitivity, on any game, pc, xbox w.e.

I have been playing combat arms forever now, my DPI is like 2K (well the mouse is set to that at least), and I crap on people just by jumping over them and such and it takes them forever to look around.

S

Syko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
higher sensitivity is better i agree but who the **** cares. people play on what they want so everyone should relax, does someone playing on low sensitivity hurt you? no. so stop yelling at each other

T

twinblade123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
NinjaApprentice said:
Play as you will, but you're limiting your capabilities drastically. And "no one will"? Excuse me, but I speak from experience as a person who plays on a 10. And believe me, there are many many times when that faster turn speed has helped save me from almost certain death. Not to mention 10 also aids in hand-to-hand (though more-so in H2 then H3. H3's hand-to-hand is quite a bit more basic as missing a hit is almost impossible).

There is nothing garbage of 10. But if you would believe that, so be it. You're only hurting yourself.

I get what you mean, but my strafe is so godly on 4 that it doesn't matter what your playing on. I beat my friend on 10 almost every time.

G

Good to sea you

Reaction score
Sin$
I usually keep my sensitivity at five,
but when i play team swat i put it at six or seven
but you shouldnt tell people that there limiting their capabilities,
if they like it at default then let them keep it at that.

M

Machine15825

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
gamer vc said:
No one cares.

10 is garbage. Even if you can use it like a 4 or 5, no one will.

default FTW
I use ten... And do not think its garbage. Helps drastically up close. May hurt with a BR or Sniper but it takes some getting used to.

DJ Shepherd said:
I play on a sensitivity on ten but not for any of your reasons, your reasons are crap

I use ten because the way i play is... i never got into holding down the joystick for long, i have something that i call "memory muscle," or i just tap the joysticks in quick bursts, which allows me to utilize 10 and be quicker, back in my old days when I was good at Halo 3 and cared about it, I raped with no scope, i had never scoped in, using my muscle memory helped a lot

but dont go boasting on how 10 sensitivity is the best and everyone should play with it, you are not an MLG player, youre just a scrubkake, MLG players dont even play on 10 and they are pro's, its all a matter of personal preference so stop being so arrogant over it kiddie.
Wow... Dude needs a hug ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No arrogance, this is a section to try to help people.... But get your panties in an uproar and go talk about it with your mommy... :thumbdown:

P

Pronto

Reaction score
Sin$
Undetectable said:
Has anyone tried no vibration??? It seems to work for me. It gives me better control when im shooting.

yeah i haven't been using vibration for a while now and i can play better now.

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
And that is why I use 10. I might as well add that my vibration is disabled too. It makes things a lot quicker and less of a ordeal.

M

Maxuhmilian

Reaction score
Sin$
Its not really like manual driving, more like under and over steering. If you have quick enough reaction times, the lower sensitivities will be a lot smoother and accurate...

7S Travisty

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Like he says, go for it and yes, you will suffer for a couple games getting used to it but from my experience ill lend you a few tips. I played on default button settings for a year and a half, after deciding to switch to bumperjumper i realized how helpful it was, the same for higher sensitivity, my advice is to invite all your friends to a match, tell them what youre doing and im sure they will try it too, that way all of you are having fun AND learning a new and better skill, whether it be bumper jumper, 10 sensitivity, or any other thing that comes around, its best to have the fun and competetive friends helping you than randoms.

Top Bottom
Login
Register