What's new

Recreating Xbox 360 In C#

• Thread starter ReazeEffects
  • Start date
  • Views 2,352

Should I release this project when it's done?

• yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • no

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
ReazeEffects

ReazeEffects

Reaction score
Sin$
Today I decided to remake the xbox 360 into c#.Obviously I can't recreate the entire thing but i'm making my own version.This program will still be able to launch games from the computer tray and will also user submitted apps.

Features:
- Play Games(call of duty,madden nfl,user submitted apps,etc...)
- Launch Custom Games(Mainly .exes)
- Have A Friends List
- Social Network(still in progress)
- Be Able To Use Points(Like Microsoft Points)
- Having A Store
- Customize Your Avatar(In Progress)
- See Recent Games Your Played
- Take Screenshots Of Game
- Connect With Skype(in progress)
- Play Your Favorite Music
- A lot More Stuff...

Pictures(STILL IN PROGRESS,MIGHT NOT LOOK AS GOOD)
http://gyazo.com/bbeeb5f507527f9be288501faf0af42e

Please give me your opinion on this project and also give me some ideas.Thanks!

(Note: I may or may not release this depending on how the rating of this program is.)

*UPDATE*

If you know c# and want to help me with this app please add me on skype:
(only requirment is to have at least 1 year of coding in c#)

reazeeffects

Last edited:
Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems kind of cool, though I'd say it's more like steam than Xbox.

ReazeEffects

ReazeEffects

Reaction score
Sin$
Seems kind of cool, though I'd say it's more like steam than Xbox.

true,except the user puts a game disc(pc) in their tray and the program will read the game and run it.I'm also trying to have a xbox 360 theme(Modified,windows 8).

sgt frankieboy

sgt frankieboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Reading your post makes me think this has nothing to do with the Xbox 360 unless you mean to play Xbox 360 games... Which is not possible for 1 person or a group of people with about 1 year of experience in C#. Writing an emulator is also best to do in C++ because speed is a major factor. C# is just too slow to have a fast working emulator. There is a reason there aren't any emulators for the Xbox 360.

This may sound harsh but I doubt you will get far with this project, I recommend coming up with something easier to develop.

ReazeEffects

ReazeEffects

Reaction score
Sin$
You're just remaking the dash?

no quite,i'm adding real functions with running a game from your tray(computer tray) 
Reading your post makes me think this has nothing to do with the Xbox 360 unless you mean to play Xbox 360 games... Which is not possible for 1 person or a group of people with about 1 year of experience in C#. Writing an emulator is also best to do in C++ because speed is a major factor. C# is just too slow to have a fast working emulator. There is a reason there aren't any emulators for the Xbox 360.

This may sound harsh but I doubt you will get far with this project, I recommend coming up with something easier to develop.

well im not trying to make a full functioning xbox 360 in c#,i'm just making a engine were you can play games from your computer tray and load through the program.I also have made it similar to steam where you can have in-game chat and still play with no lag. Obviously I can't make a complete remake of an xbox 360 in c#,i'm just making it have a theme of xbox and making it have the same functions as steam

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
no quite,i'm adding real functions with running a game from your tray(computer tray) 

well im not trying to make a full functioning xbox 360 in c#,i'm just making a engine were you can play games from your computer tray and load through the program.I also have made it similar to steam where you can have in-game chat and still play with no lag. Obviously I can't make a complete remake of an xbox 360 in c#,i'm just making it have a theme of xbox and making it have the same functions as steam

Very interesting.

sgt frankieboy

sgt frankieboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Who still buys PC games on dvd? Last one I got was something like lego island.

ReazeEffects

ReazeEffects

Reaction score
Sin$
Who still buys PC games on dvd? Last one I got was something like lego island.

users can still change that in settings,if you want you can put your game(bought on steam or something) in the games folder and it will popup as game in the program so you don't need to always use your computer tray/cd

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I suggest you try and get basic functionality done first before looking at the cooler, although unneccesary, stuff. (Your first 2 points should be the most important, and I would try and work through those first).

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like this to be an OS.

You do realize how hard that would be, right? A few years of C# does not mean you can just sit down and write an OS. You need to know Assembly, C/C++, experience using and/or developing tools for Unix, know binary notation, know how the compiler, assembler work, making executable file formats work, and even more than that.

One or two people, most likely, will not accomplish this, or at least not in any reasonable amount of time, due to the amount of knowledge needed to even consider something like that.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

C# isn't the part that is slow, its the management system that is slow. Since C# is a memory managed language. The trash collectors, the constant re-addressing of memory etc is what slows it down. Their are plenty of ways to stop trash collecting and even stop memory re-addressing. Just have to have the experience to do it. Obviously C# will never be at C++ speeds, but with knowing how to use memory properly, you can get it pretty damn close.

SouthStreetDjs

SouthStreetDjs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

so this is more like a redirecting program with your own features ontop?

cikcaz

cikcaz

Marketing
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I really like the design. Nice work. Also I would be very interested in seeing the actual functionality in the application now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register