• Thread starter Deceitful Echo
  • Start date
  • Views 4,087
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised no one else has noticed that objects which are meant to be still or "fixed", will in fact be moving slightly when attached to a weapon being held by hiders, and from what I can tell, they also give off shadows, while every other Forge object used to create the map do not... they're a dead giveaway, really.
1st of all, after checking several videos of gameplay and playing myself, props don't move or jitter unless the person holding them looks around or moves. Second, there would always be a shadow for the person, and its not all that apparent unless you look for it, however I can check into making the dummy props also have shadows. The map was intended not to have shadows, because last map we had the shadows were a huge issue.

P

Pfeuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1st of all, after checking several videos of gameplay and playing myself, props don't move or jitter unless the person holding them looks around or moves. Second, there would always be a shadow for the person, and its not all that apparent unless you look for it, however I can check into making the dummy props also have shadows. The map was intended not to have shadows, because last map we had the shadows were a huge issue.
Not trying to be rude, but you mustn't have looked close enough. You can't tell from afar, perhaps... but up-close you can definitely see the props moving. Even when standing in one spot and keeping the reticle still, held weapons are still moving but a noticeable fraction, and it can be seen clear as day when the prop object is clipping into a completely fixed object or terrain. Hell, even the shadow can be seem moving ever so slightly, even from a props pov.

If that isn't a major issue for you, then fair enough, but I believe it would be too easy for the hunter to spot the hiders... unless that was the intention from the start... -_-'.

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not trying to be rude, but you mustn't have looked close enough. You can't tell from afar, perhaps... but up-close you can definitely see the props moving. Even when standing in one spot and keeping the reticle still, held weapons are still moving but a noticeable fraction, and it can be seen clear as day when the prop object is clipping into a completely fixed object or terrain. Hell, even the shadow can be seem moving ever so slightly, even from a props pov.

If that isn't a major issue for you, then fair enough, but I believe it would be too easy for the hunter to spot the hiders... unless that was the intention from the start... -_-'.
I will check into it and the shadows could be fixed, but the jitters I very much doubt I can fix. And it make sense to have SOME way for the hunters to spot a prop, not a super obvious one but it should just be guessing. (personal opinion)

P

Pfeuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I doubt the jitters could be fixed even if we tried to. The only thing we could do is attach a prop to a vehicle, but that would severely impare movement, plus the noise would be a dead giveaway for sure... unless it's a Mantis.

Perhaps if the gametype gains enough popularity, 343i may work on their own version for H5, that doesn't include those problems... but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I doubt the jitters could be fixed even if we tried to. The only thing we could do is attach a prop to a vehicle, but that would severely impare movement, plus the noise would be a dead giveaway for sure... unless it's a Mantis.

Perhaps if the gametype gains enough popularity, 343i may work on their own version for H5, that doesn't include those problems... but that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Mongoose have even worse jitters if they sit on anything more than a flat piece of ground.

Top Bottom
Login
Register