• Start date
  • Views 4,086
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Almost done with the map, then I just need to improve the GT
Also for the map, I will make several versions where only the dummy props positions and angles have changed. Ok Im done, now I just need people to test it.

Last edited:
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just finished testing it with around 8 people. It was hilarious as you see blocks and rocks assassinating the zombies or running away. There is one annoying glitch though, you can only see the child object if you pick up the parent weapon, drop it and then pick it up again. The last man standing waypoint really ruins the end though. Also, the teleporters spawn timing isn't precise. As in, sometimes it will spawn in early, other times it spawns in late.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
How are you handling scoring? For Double Agent I give everyone 1 point for each second they're alive. Then whoever makes the final kill gets an extra point to bump them up above the rest. It's an easy way to make sure the scoring is fair. As far as the LMS waypoint, what mode are you basing this from. It's likely you need to adjust traits.

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How are you handling scoring? For Double Agent I give everyone 1 point for each second they're alive. Then whoever makes the final kill gets an extra point to bump them up above the rest. It's an easy way to make sure the scoring is fair. As far as the LMS waypoint, what mode are you basing this from. It's likely you need to adjust traits.

Well I have no idea how to edit traits, normally I would learn but I have like no time. (I changed the gt so its called Prop Busters now) Prop Busters uses Flood as the base gt so its based on kills and survival time is recorded. Zombies can kill humans, but humans can only assassinate zombies. Humans are also a bit faster (150% versus 100%) which lets them run if they start running soon enough. (I thought that wouldn't be fun but it turned out great)

I almost forgot, someone had the fun idea of combining this with One flag CTF so the props have to try to survive AND score the flag. I think that sounds like fun especially if you take off the carrier waypoint.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Correction - I don't think it's traits, but if it's still based on Flood, it should be easy to find the culprit. Search for the following in the code:
Code:
<Param name="PlayerTrait" type="PlayerTraitsReference">Last Man Standing Traits</Param>
Now look up around 10 lines or so for three actions: ObjectSetNavpoint, ObjectSetNavpointVisibility and ObjectSetPriority. Try commenting those out. I haven't looked too deeply into it, but that should be what controls it. If not, looks for similar lines after finding:
Code:
<Param name="NavPointName" type="NameIndex">navpoint_dom_last_stander</Param>

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last edited:
synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
You'll need to save as new if you want to upload to the fileshare system

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried :frown: But I figured out why the teleporters weren't working well.
Not sure if you followed, but he means to 'Save as New' within Halo 4 itself. It gives the gametype a new content ID that won't conflict with the old one.

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is getting frustrating, the teleporters spawn, but they wont teleport people. I have no idea why. The receiver is not blocked and the shape covers where the people are standing. It works in forge but not in Customs.

Ok so it seems that they only wont work if they don't spawn initially. Which is odd. Oh well at least I got it working.

Last edited:
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
New Map Link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/deceitful echo/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=e1b27d66-6c75-4660-bdb7-6d20311d5b6e
New Gametype Link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/deceitful echo/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameSettings&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=867cf5d0-8b73-42f6-9ffb-8705af18e15f

I also fixed the glitch Attached weapons that needed to be thrown down and picked back up again to be visible. Apparently the attach system hates fixed gravity (For weapons at least?), so always use phased. Zombie now dies and respawns in the arena instead of teleporting, and humans now are in a soft kill barrier and have to pick up their weapon and run through the teleporter instead of just waiting for the TP to spawn. Also humans are no longer able to choose between a block 1x2 and a Rock 1. It is chosen by spawns, each person is separated into small rooms to avoid griefing in the beginning. And finally, I made it so people who join late can spawn as either zombies or humans without breaking the game. (As long as it is a party of 4 or less joining)

Last edited:
Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dang it, may have uploaded a version that magically got saved over. Ill investigate later.

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah you uploaded the wrong version bro
Ok Ill upload the right version tonight (I found I still had it in my temporary history)

Oh and it seems host and connection issues cause some players to not see the props attached to the weapons .Not sure what causes it exactly or how to fix it.

thepigpro

thepigpro

Reaction score
Sin$
I know how to use ksoft and will try to use the method teancum said to use. By the way I was the original hide n seek creator. (that's what prop hunt used to be called)

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks everyone for playing ant testing! If you have any bugs to report about the gametype or map just post them here.

BradleyFreakin

BradleyFreakin

Reaction score
Sin$
Small bug: After you spawn, walk forward through the teleporter. Go to first floor. Keep walking forward until you hit the wall. The rock closest to you protruding from the wall is fake. Like I said. Small bug.

Deceitful Echo

Deceitful Echo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Small bug: After you spawn, walk forward through the teleporter. Go to first floor. Keep walking forward until you hit the wall. The rock closest to you protruding from the wall is fake. Like I said. Small bug.
Are you talking about a preplaced dummy block? Also keep in mind when a human dies his prop will still be there, but lying on the ground. What you found was probably a dropped prop.

Last edited:
P

Pfeuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised no one else has noticed that objects which are meant to be still or "fixed", will in fact be moving slightly when attached to a weapon being held by hiders, and from what I can tell, they also give off shadows, while every other Forge object used to create the map do not... they're a dead giveaway, really.

Top Bottom
Login
Register