• Views 16,001
BoneZ

BoneZ

#REGULATORS
Premium
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
none of you are going to get recon. ever.

K

kennyash

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
lol your just sayin that vus you orobley dont even know what were talkinjg about l;ol why read the post it your going to post like a -blam-:smile:

BoneZ

BoneZ

#REGULATORS
Premium
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
kennyash said:
lol your just sayin that vus you orobley dont even know what were talkinjg about l;ol why read the post it your going to post like a -blam-:smile:
lrn2english.

S

Slashr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol this thread just keeps going
really if people find out how to mod recon they wont realease it guyz

7S Travisty

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
y r u trying 2 get recon like this, heck y do u want recon so much i mean, really odst looks way better than recon....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:but its good ur working

U

ukjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
blithco said:
y r u trying 2 get recon like this, heck y do u want recon so much i mean, really odst looks way better than recon....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:but its good ur working

I dont want nor care for Recon - I like knowing how things work and function...nosing around...

This all came about through me finding how to hex hayabusa armour without unlocking the achievements or jumping through rings. So then I wondered if Recon was unlocked in a similar way. It wasn't an outset plan for Recon Initially, quite the opposite which is why the original thread on this site is called 'How to hex Hayabusa and EoD armour...'

But I know how to unlock Recon now...and even knowing how to unlock it still makes it useless because of server verification.

The first difference was finding that all Recon profiles had this value in them:

4D 53 07 E6 00 09 00 00 xx xx xx xx - the xx's are related to your own personal profile.

^ That line is not in any profile without Recon.

Secondly...you need to manually add that line in the 'exact' right place in your gamerprofile, but you need to know your own profile xx's values which can only be obtained by decrypting the Account Data block extracted from your gamerprofile...

When you decrypt it - you will find this line of code:

09 00 00 xx xx xx xx

^ so you can see how the first line given earlier relates to telling your profile to switch on Recon. 4D 53 07 E6 is the Halo3 gpd code, then the 00 09 00 00 xx xx xx xx is a line about your account not found anywhere else in your gamerprofile.

By putting the Recon code in with your own xx's values matching that in your Account Data block is the switch to enable it. Then near where your service tag is in hex you need to make sure the Armor area is 03 03 03 03...

Then guess what you have Recon available for all of 1 second... you need to go online were it is visible for literally 1 second because the server verification resets your profile to have it 'off' again...

If it was something that could have been shared then I would have updated my info on this earlier - but it's pointless...still nice to have found the workings of it and I am thankful to those few people who did donate me dead - Recon profiles (aka ones where password was changed so I couldn't play online) so I could see hex differences.

dontmockme360

dontmockme360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow nice job ukjay you have worked really hard on this and im glad that you worked it out

U

ukjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dontmockme360 said:
Wow nice job ukjay you have worked really hard on this and im glad that you worked it out

Cheers, if it was one of those armours that could be played with offline it would have been better. I had always assumed Recon once unlocked was always available until people who won it on bungie day told me otherwise.

Since Recon is server side ... we really have no choice but to wait for ODST !! :smile:

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
How is it completely server side if people play can play Recon offline? That just means there's more to it.

L

Ambient

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Already stated that it could be stored in the cache.

Edit:
I know a kid with Recon... sort of. I believe he has a transfer cable. Maybe I'll try getting him to send me his cache folder.

L

Liberated360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So maybe, just maybe, if we get ukjay the Cache of someone with recon, and he copies it to his HDD, and does the mod/hack/glitch (whatever you want to call it) then he can have permanent recon.

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With all this server verification, i understand its hard to get listen to packets and all that jazz but surely thats the same packet each time, surely you could...filter it?

S

Shroomz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
By the time you guys figure this out, ODST will be out and everyone will already have recon.

dontmockme360

dontmockme360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When i tried to play with my recon offline the recon wasent there so it must be server side

S

Shroomz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Glitch100 said:
Irrelevant Shroomz. Its research non the less.
It was more of a comment directed towards everyone trying to get the armor, not the coders. I'm sure that once you unlock the secrets to receiving the armor, more switches may become apparent to the coders.

Jessiah331

Jessiah331

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
But wait. About playing it offline.
And this is just an example.

That 'Jon' guy that made Arby n the Chief. In a couple of his machinimas he wore recon. He also had his gun lowered. Which meant he was offline.

I'm going out on a limb to say recon is wearable offline.

L

Liberated360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jessiah331 said:
But wait. About playing it offline.
And this is just an example.

That 'Jon' guy that made Arby n the Chief. In a couple of his machinimas he wore recon. He also had his gun lowered. Which meant he was offline.

I'm going out on a limb to say recon is wearable offline.

You don't have to be offline to lower your gun. You just need to be in a LOCAL lobby, which you can still access while connected to Xbox LIVE.

H

hyodeez

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello , I am new , I have a question , how can I have the recon armor offline ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register