Discussion Request: Original Halo 3 Gravity Hammer files rip

• Thread starter starwarsguy9875
  • Start date
  • Views 989
S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
I've got the files now. So everyone can kindly disregard this thread and mods can lock it. Thanks for your help. :smile:

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think anyone knows the model format, so you would have a hard time converting it.

S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
Lost44689 said:
I dont think anyone knows the model format, so you would have a hard time converting it.
Aren't there tools in the modding tools that will extract stuff as .OBJ or .3ds? I remember some Halo 2 modding tools had this.

If not, I'd like the stuff anyways, I would find a way to convert it myself, and even if I didn't have the mesh to work off of as a reference, I wouldn't need it, I just find it extremely useful for scale etc.

The textures I'd benefit from having though if the mesh isn't possible, it it is possible I'd like the base map and normalmap (if there is a normalmap, I think halo 2 used them), along with any other maps it may use.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Just got help from someone from where I'm from, quoted:

starwarsguy9875 said:
Arcesious said:
First link is awesome, might grab, is that the original file? If so I want the textures too... Second link is a bit crappy IMO, third link again awesome, but are the textures included?

I really wish you would've posted that on the thread at Se7ensins though, so other people there take that into consideration.

Thanks though, I'll grab this stuff, and take a look, but again, having the original textures (and a mesh that's wrapped to them) would really help me in terms of having something to work from.

See that thread here, although I'd prefer to keep discussion on how to get the files here.

Right now I'm checking out the first and third links there, I'll get back with what I find after.

J

JIME01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No one here will be able to decompressed Halo 3 retail raw data.
Other groups on other sites have found a way but that's their method and they are not going to leak it. Therefore nobody has it or will get it (anytime soon).

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
JIME01 said:
No one here will be able to decompressed Halo 3 retail raw data.
Other groups on other sites have found a way but that's their method and they are not going to leak it. Therefore nobody has it or will get it (anytime soon).

That's a rash assumption saying that.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
If someone has enough dedication to it, they can find it out. It's not something like cracking RSA keys, and it's plausible.

S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I've got the files I need now, so there's no more need to post in this thread.

Top Bottom
Login
Register