What's new

Discussion Can I fly A Pelican

Gig

Gig

Chance The Rapper
Seasoned Veteran Stickied Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any glitch/Mod where i can actually drive a Pelican? Not ride in one but drive it, please comment below.

S

Shroomz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know what a pelican is. If the kid can use Google, then he can easily use the serach function here to find out that there is already a thread of some kid that asked this question. It was answered in there.

S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
Shroomz said:
I know what a pelican is. If the kid can use Google, then he can easily use the serach function here to find out that there is already a thread of some kid that asked this question. It was answered in there.
Well, due to the lack of modlists etc. around here, it's not as easy to find mods.

No need to be rude man, just help out. Anyways, to the OP, I'll see what I can find.

EDIT: Just used the search function, I searched "flyable pelican fly mod", with no results. So your logic "easily use the search function" doesn't work in this situation. Forum searches are crappy IMO, they usually fail to find stuff.

X

Xander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't be done unless you own a devkit and know how to use it. It cannot be glitched. Or modded unless you have dev. Sorry.

S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
Xander said:
I can't be done unless you own a devkit and know how to use it. It cannot be glitched. Or modded unless you have dev. Sorry.
So there aren't modding tools for this yet? How far has the Halo 3 community gotten? Because in the Halo 2 community there's lots of tools for modding.

Just curious, because I've seen videos on Youtube and stuff for Halo 3 mods, so I'm wondering how different it is to Halo 2 modding.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
starwarsguy9875 said:
So there aren't modding tools for this yet? How far has the Halo 3 community gotten? Because in the Halo 2 community there's lots of tools for modding.

Just curious, because I've seen videos on Youtube and stuff for Halo 3 mods, so I'm wondering how different it is to Halo 2 modding.

The search button works great. There already is a thread about this and it was closed because its not possible.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/hal...nyone-have-driveable-pelican-phantom-mod.html

For a more detailed explanation of why we can't mod H3 like we did H2 read this thread. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-3-modding-discussion/104415-map-modding-discussion.html

S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
I guess Halo 3 modding is a lot different to Halo 2 modding, I didn't know .map mods weren't possible yet. Hmm...

X

Xander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 3 has whats called an RSA Encryption, Basically people abused the ability to mod so Bungie made it so we couldn't to in Halo 3 what we could do in Halo 2 or Custom Edition. Short answer = Not for Halo 3.

S

starwarsguy9875

Reaction score
Sin$
Xander said:
Halo 3 has whats called an RSA Encryption, Basically people abused the ability to mod so Bungie made it so we couldn't to in Halo 3 what we could do in Halo 2 or Custom Edition. Short answer = Not for Halo 3.
I think that people abusing mods is Bungie's fault, for not letting us mod in the first place.

If they openly supported modders, and had somewhat some control over the community. With Morrrowind it's a lot different, because we have Gstaff, who works for Bethesda, but is the "community magager" on the forums and writes all the posts on the Bethesda Blog.

Anyways I think not supporting modders is a bad idea, really. Halo 3 modders will find a way past the encription, that's a definite. Modders always find ways past things, that's what we do.

G

Genetic Paradox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly doubt it. If we ever do crack the encryption it will be far past the 360's lifespan. Eight generation consoles will be out, or maybe even ninth generation consoles. If you really want to mod Halo 3 like we did in Halo 2, buy a developement kit for a whopping $1000. I would advise you not to though, because it would raise prices for people who would actually use the kit to it's potential.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
starwarsguy9875 said:
Halo 3 modders will find a way past the encription, that's a definite. Modders always find ways past things, that's what we do.

RSA is not only used to protect files in a video game. If mathematicians who dedicate their entire lives to cracking RSA still cannot do it with super computers, i don't think a bunch of kids looking to mod a video game will be able to do it. Chances are it will never happen, and if it does, it will not happen in our lifetime.

Top Bottom
Login
Register