Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xXChaoticXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok my uncle gave my brother his laptop to give to me to try to fix
I don't know why they think I can fix every F****** thing and they never give me anything to work with its always a system error, no format disc included and I'm like how the f*** do you want me to fix this with no tool but it says:

A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

but when i press that it just restarts back to the same screen
any ideas???

I Doughboy

I Doughboy

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
This happened on my computer once. It was because I had my hard drives plugged in wrong. So assuming your hard drive is plugged in, your hard drive is probably fried. Also, try booting from a cd or a flash drive. That way you can determine if it is a hard drive failure, or if it is some kind of other hardware failure.

X

xXChaoticXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea i figured that was the problem thank you tho haha

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Most definitely a hardware problem. check that everything is plugged in right. if you heard clicking or other strange noises coming from the HD it means your HD died.

X

xXChaoticXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DMK06 said:
Most definitely a hardware problem. check that everything is plugged in right. if you heard clicking or other strange noises coming from the HD it means your HD died.

You know i think the harddrive might be unpluged because my the laptop is my lil cuzins and hes a lil stupid so im pretty sure he droped it so I guess ima open the laptop and see whats wrong
post back in a bit with results :smile:
thank you

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I would recommend reseating the hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom