What's new

Discussion Anyone have any tips on using the AR?

• Thread starter F4x
  • Start date
  • Views 2,035
F

F4x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can 4 shot almost everyone, I got sniping down, but I seem to lose almost all of my AR battles. I know there has to be something I'm just not doing that most people are doing, but I don't know what.

Anyways, just leave any tips you have, ones that help me will receive a thanks...

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
F4x said:
I can 4 shot almost everyone, I got sniping down, but I seem to lose almost all of my AR battles. I know there has to be something I'm just not doing that most people are doing, but I don't know what.

Anyways, just leave any tips you have, ones that help me will receive a thanks...
Don't use the AR is my tip. Just get BRing down. If you have the AR and nothing else, ninja the guy you are fighting. In other words, don't face him and jump up and he will continue walking forward and then jump back and assinate him.

S

Shiveron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ar sucks dude. just keep at it with br. 4 shotting will almost always triumph over an ar rush. If you're using ar though the trick is usually just hold the trigger and run at em, if u get close enough, melee.

F

F4x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I can't say that any of these tips really helped... but the only time I do use an AR is when I either don't have a BR or I have to reload...

VexxVoid

VexxVoid

Semi Colon Close Parenthesis
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes best thing is don't use an AR, but if you "have" to...

Up close: Spray then melee
Distance: Use burst (tap the trigger)

D

Drv2

Reaction score
Sin$
Just use AS yourself in close range if need, it's freaking annoying yes, but still.

S

snmbikr100

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea i just 4-shot the kid or ninja him. But sometime if i spawn and im playing social slayer and i absolutely HAVE to use the AR... i just strafe like 3 times back and forth and jump at the end in the oppiste direction of the last strafe. It works almost every single time no matter what. even if im 1 shot. id just use the snipe if u can no-scope well, and use your br. i hope i helped...:biggrin:

jrob922

DXM Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jump like halfway through the AR fight and click the left stick really fast that works almost like every time for me

SUP3RB1K3

SUP3RB1K3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
IMPORTANT! the AR will kill an opponent with the same amount of shots hit whether you hit him in the head or the foot...so what does that tell you? aim for the CHEST!!! head shots dont matter with this crappy gun, so just make sure your shots are hitting by aiming at the largest part...since the spread is so big, you will miss shots if you aim for the head or legs.

H

hockeyxxkid

Reaction score
Sin$
if u both have ARs out then just keep walking backwards and strafing while shooting. If the enemie has a br out go towards him and ar then melee.:smile:

XbL General

XbL General

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Aim for the chest and shoot in bursts at long range.

I only use it as a close combat weapon: Shoot like 6 shots then melee.
If its AR vs AR and the opponent is rushing, just walk backwards and spray or do what I do, I jump right before were colliding. Almost always works.

a deeper b1ue

a deeper b1ue

Ghost in the machine
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
just strafe and right before you lose your shields jump to the side

xDaniel 13

xDaniel 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As many people of said the AR sucks.
But if your stuck in the position with no other option than to use an AR you need to remember that the AR has a shallow clip.
This mean that you need to be fairly close for it to kill without having the effort of reloading.
To combat this you can either spice things up with a Melee or a grenade. Or Ninja as other people have previously mentioned.
Personally i think grenade placement is key and with greatly help in AR battle. Whether it is AR vs AR or otherwise.

Firing in burst for long range is also key.

Explicit

Explicit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Although I hate AR's when you are forced to use them I'd recommend walking toward as if you were going for the beat down then jumping backwards to the left or the right.
It usually work because they think its gonna be your average beatdown and ain't expecting you to jump away.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Use grenades first, AR isn't about who has the better aim, who shoots first, whos closer, AR's are all about Luck.

Top Bottom
Login
Register