• Start date
  • Views 153,246
N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
vsteven said:
i need help with zone alarm because i do not see anything under alerts and logs.
that is why i cant get any ips from my friends. can someone help me?????
Are you using Cain? How is your xbox connected to the internet?

V

vsteven

Reaction score
Sin$
i am using zone alarm and my xbox is getting internet from my router which is connected with the modem.
Do i have to connect my xbox ethernet to my comp.... how do i do that????

V

vsteven

Reaction score
Sin$
i am using that tutoral as well but i still cant see any of my friends ip adresses.

G

godman114

Reaction score
Sin$
I just wanted to say that I followed these instructions carefully and I believe it I did all correctly.

Everything is connected to my main router: xbox 360 is wired into it and my laptop is wireless.

When I poison the router and xbox and set the Internet Zone Security to high, it definitely lags out the game, which means that Cain and Abel must be working!!! I must say, that's pretty cool that you can control other devices on the network.

Anyway, with that said, I set Internet Zone to high and Trusted to medium, turn on APR, start match, wait 10 sec, set to medium and I never EVER get host. I've tried so many times, even with annex 5 outa 5, wingman full party of 2...

The thing is, when I set my internet zone to high, I can still hear my friends (as I set up TRUSTED correctly), and if I set internet zone to high in game, it'll lag me out... which still means the poison works correctly.

So the problem is that I can NEVER get host... if I try this method... it's failed several times.

Does it no longer work?

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If it is connected to your router then you need to use Cain. And follow the Complete Bridging Guide Tutorial.

G

godman114

Reaction score
Sin$
Nubble said:
If it is connected to your router then you need to use Cain. And follow the Complete Bridging Guide Tutorial.
I am using Cain, my friend.
If setting Internet Zone to high lags out my 360, that must mean the poison is working... b/c the 360 is connected to the router, and my laptop is administering Cain.

Should I set the 360 IP as DMZ host or will that not affect it at all?

My point is that Cain seems to be doing its job, and same with ZAP... I can still hear my friends, and it can definitely control the "on/off"-ness of the 360's connection, but it will NOT force host for the life of me. :frown: Yes, I've tried with a full party.

Or does forcing host not work 100% of the time? I mean, out of about 10 tries I didn't get host once.

My goal with this is not to cheat, but just to make sure that me and my friends (2 bros and a bunch of buddies that play) don't end up with lag.

Thanks for everything,
godman

S

SICKIST KILLA

Reaction score
Sin$
I have briged by connecting my xbox to my computer using ethernet port and it worked, but i was wondering if I have a wireless laptop can i connect my xbox into the ethernet port on the laptop and bridge without using cain.

V

V Saint

Reaction score
Sin$
Im a level 39 and am looking for a team (4 other people) to play with that are at least decent with a shotgun :tongue:. I can bridge host, I dont cheat or lag people out, I just hate playing laggy games where host gets forced to europeans. Id even settle for a wingman partner, I just need a person or group that plays Gears consistently. My GT is Vi0L3NT Sa1NT (thats a zero in violent) and aim/yahoo is flashyneon37. Get at me.

0wn3d 13

Reaction score
Sin$
this is not considered bridging host, it is simply standbying for host. also, you will be host banned for doing this. so just buy better internet and get host the honest way like i do with my 20mbps/2mbps :smile: a MUCH simpler method would be to start up a party chat with your friends and just standby your connection when the second box is checked, when it says you were disconnected from the party chat stop standbying.. then wait until you get a match and you WILL be host :smile: Now isnt that much simpler? All credit to me??????

X

x iM 2 iLL o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeaa if it gets too difficult for you (It did for me, so I just stopped trying), Just get a party of 4 or 5 and be the leader you'll get host most games.

M

MAd HaVoK

Reaction score
Sin$
0wn3d 13 said:
this is not considered bridging host, it is simply standbying for host. also, you will be host banned for doing this. so just buy better internet and get host the honest way like i do with my 20mbps/2mbps :smile: a MUCH simpler method would be to start up a party chat with your friends and just standby your connection when the second box is checked, when it says you were disconnected from the party chat stop standbying.. then wait until you get a match and you WILL be host :smile: Now isnt that much simpler? All credit to me??????
can u be specific where i use standby please i have a 2o mbs connection as well...where do i select standby? would this be in a program or on the actual hardware?

C

CitrousRyan

Reaction score
Sin$
okay im no noob in bridging i use to do it in halo 2 all the time but its been bout 4 years since i did it. now i use cain and abel to get ips and whatnot. first off how can you tell which ips are which once you press the toxic button i actually think ive got this cuz i have bridged myself host quite a few time. but my important question in this. when you turn you firewall to high in zap count to 10 and lower in to medium. are you suppose to find a game as soon as you lower it or do you wait to find one. sometimes i find one as soon as i lowe it and i get host but when i lower it and dont find one then wait i never get it. oh this is a GREAt brdging tutorial a whole lot earier then halo 2 for me anyways. any help would be appreciated and also if you cud hit me up on live and give me step by step on that that would be great to: citrousryan02 is gamertag

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You might not get a game right away but yeah, you are doing it right. Also when it takes forever and you don't get host that means you are most likely host banned. Just my thoughts on your situation, they might not be right but they should be close.

D

d3lta360

Reaction score
Sin$
i'm having trouble with zone alarm pro. i've set up the bridge connection, but it doesn't look like zone ZAP is doing anything about the incoming IP's on XBL. if i turn it up to high security i still can hear the people in my party whose IP's aren't trusted. also, i find matches with the firewall all the way on high. can anyone tell what is going wrong?

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
d3lta360 said:
i'm having trouble with zone alarm pro. i've set up the bridge connection, but it doesn't look like zone ZAP is doing anything about the incoming IP's on XBL. if i turn it up to high security i still can hear the people in my party whose IP's aren't trusted. also, i find matches with the firewall all the way on high. can anyone tell what is going wrong?
How is your xbox connected to the internet?

G

Gears126

Reaction score
Sin$
Nubble said:
How is your xbox connected to the internet?

Hey I'm having the same problem as him, which is why I bridge host by pulling the ethernet cord out instead of ZAP (which would be easier for me).

My Xbox is connected to a router which is connected to my modem.
The things connected to that router are:
My pc, XBOX 360 and the ethernet cord that comes from the modem (Which gives me internet)

Maybe you can help me figure out why my ZAP still finds people when the slider is on high?
And BTW can you host wingman matches with ZAP? My friend bridges with ZAP and can't host Wingman but I bridge with the ethernet pulling trick and can bridge in any playlist.

D

d3lta360

Reaction score
Sin$
my xbox is connected to my laptop through an ethernet cord. i have tried both a patch and a crossover and it doesnt seem to make a difference. my laptop is connected wireless to my router which is connected to the modem. i then bridged the wireless network with the LAN on my laptop. is this the right kind of setup, or have i done something wrong? also, as i stated in my previous post, i think that ZAP isnt doing anything. like it isnt blocking the IP's from other xboxes.

Top Bottom
Login
Register