Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Fun stuff, incredible open and closed eye visuals. Snorting it sucks big time though, kinda feels like how I would imagine snorting broken glass would feel. 10 minutes later your nose feels better and you're already tripping though.

Not offended, it's just not a drug at all :tongue:
Sorry but no, it is absolutely a drug.

Drug (noun) - A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Now, let's break this down and see what we know.

Is marijuana a substance? Yes.
Do you ingest marijuana or otherwise introduce it into your body? Yes.
Does doing so have a physiological effect? Yes.

tumblr_m7hp3zZIVs1qdjrxro1_1280.jpg

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
Fun stuff, incredible open and closed eye visuals. Snorting it sucks big time though, kinda feels like how I would imagine snorting broken glass would feel. 10 minutes later your nose feels better and you're already tripping though.

Sorry but no, it is absolutely a drug.

Drug (noun) - A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Now, let's break this down and see what we know.

Is marijuana a substance? Yes.
Do you ingest marijuana or otherwise introduce it into your body? Yes.
Does doing so have a physiological effect? Yes.

tumblr_m7hp3zZIVs1qdjrxro1_1280.jpg
All depends on how you use it.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
No, that's honestly completely irrelevant. It's still a drug, regardless of your reason for using it.
Whatever you say man, still doesn't compare to any other "drug" in this thread.

E

EricD43

Killing Zombies Since WaW
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You know how Cocaine grown outside and by the time it comes to Canada/USA its been cut over and over making it less and less pure

I wonder if it would be possible to grow Coca Seeds Indoor with a 1000 Watt High Pressure Sodium Light, Then you would have Indoor Cocaine and it would be the best anyone ever had :tongue:

For those of you who don't know Outdoor weed is crap Vs Indoor weed, So I image it would be the same for Cocaine

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
You know how Cocaine grown outside and by the time it comes to Canada/USA its been cut over and over making it less and less pure

I wonder if it would be possible to grow Coca Seeds Indoor with a 1000 Watt High Pressure Sodium Light, Then you would have Indoor Cocaine and it would be the best anyone ever had :tongue:

For those of you who don't know Outdoor weed is crap Vs Indoor weed, So I image it would be the same for Cocaine
You can say the exact same about Marijuana.

E

EricD43

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You can say the exact same about Marijuana.
I literally did lol

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I literally did lol

I read it but it didn't even process in my mind that you said that. But, Cocaine goes through a lot more than marijuana :smile:

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
The use of it, everything about it?
People using plants to get high? Oh yeah, I've never seen that anywhere else.. :rolleyes:

You don't seem to understand the difference between soft drugs and hard drugs. Either way, they're still drugs and people sound like idiots trying to say "it's not a drug it's just a plant."

Cannabis is a plant. It is also a plant that contains psychoactive compounds, that when ingested will produce a physiological change. You can say the same for poppies, coca leaves, sassafras, peyote cacti, the list goes on.

E

EricD43

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
People using plants to get high? Oh yeah, I've never seen that anywhere else.. :rolleyes:

You don't seem to understand the difference between soft drugs and hard drugs. Either way, they're still drugs and people sound like idiots trying to say "it's not a drug it's just a plant."

Cannabis is a plant. It is also a plant that contains psychoactive compounds, that when ingested will produce a physiological change. You can say the same for poppies, coca leaves, sassafras, peyote cacti, the list goes on.
I don't consider weed a drug... I consider Alcohol more of a drug then weed... Weed is just a plant you don't have to do anything chemically to it unlike Cocaine MDMA ect... But yet look how many people die each year from Alcohol and Cigarettes... The only reason why Weed is illegal is cause the Government can't make money off it they can't tax it...

Oh and FYI Under Federal Law Cannabis Sativa is illegal and Cannabis Indica is legal or not mentioned as illegal

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$

Like I said, if you are abusing it to get high on a friday night because you have nothing to do, than you call it a drug. When you are using it for medicinal purposes, as a medicine, than I wouldn't compare it to any other drug. What I meant by it is not a drug, is that people compare marijuana to meth, heroin, cocaine, crack, the things that are considered hard drugs. Used to get high blah blah. I use marijuana, because i have my own health medical problems. They are my personal problems, marijuana does not harm by body, and it only does positive things, which is why it upsets me when people call it a drug, because they are comparing it to actual hard drugs. If you are calling it a drug by definition, that's fine because it is a drug. But, marijuana does not harm my body, which is why I, myself, and many other people that smoke it do not consider it a drug.

Cocaine, heroin, they all come from plants. But don't forget that they are processed through many stages and steps. Marijuana "Cannabis" is taken directly from the plant, and smoked. If you want to get into that, I will gladly discuss. But you know what you're talking about so that is not necessary.

Also, I never said, "it's not a drug, it's just a plant." You are talking to me and implying to me that I am an idiot, when I am agreeing with you. 
I don't consider weed a drug... I consider Alcohol more of a drug then weed... Weed is just a plant you don't have to do anything chemically to it unlike Cocaine MDMA ect... But yet look how many people die each year from Alcohol and Cigarettes... The only reason why Weed is illegal is cause the Government can't make money off it they can't tax it...

Oh and FYI Under Federal Law Cannabis Sativa is illegal and Cannabis Indica is legal or not mentioned as illegal
Marijuana is a federal law even if it is legal in your state, which is why they close down clinics all the time.

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$

Not economically feasible. You need roughly 300 grams of dried coca leaves to produce just a single gram of cocaine. A warehouse full of plants, grown to maturity wouldn't even yield enough coke to cover the cost of the electricity needed to run the lights for the growth cycle of the plants. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Weed is a drug.
Alcohol is a drug.
Nicotine is a drug.

Also, pharmaceutical drug companies have a lot to lose from the legalization or marijuana as well, so they're in the pockets of all the politicians.

That indica argument would never hold up in court. You're already being charged with possession of marijuana and if they have the evidence against you, that's all they need. It's not the responsibility of the prosecuting attorney to prove that the guilty party was smoking sativa, just THC/etc.

Like I said, if you are abusing it to get high on a friday night because you have nothing to do, than you call it a drug. When you are using it for medicinal purposes, as a medicine, than I wouldn't compare it to any other drug. What I meant by it is not a drug, is that people compare marijuana to meth, heroin, cocaine, crack, the things that are considered hard drugs. Used to get high blah blah. I use marijuana, because i have my own health medical problems. They are my personal problems, marijuana does not harm by body, and it only does positive things, which is why it upsets me when people call it a drug, because they are comparing it to actual hard drugs. If you are calling it a drug by definition, that's fine because it is a drug. But, marijuana does not harm my body, which is why I, myself, and many other people that smoke it do not consider it a drug.
It is a drug whether you consider it to be one or not. Let's say you're taking marijuana for a medical reason and it helps with that particular condition (anxiety, depression, pain, glaucoma, whatever)... it doesn't just make you normal, as if you didn't have that condition. You're just high and a product of the high is relief of an ailment. You're still high, you're still on a drug.

I smoke marijuana daily. I don't believe (or at least notice) it harming me in any way, but I still absolutely consider it a drug regardless of my rationale for doing it. A background drug with my tolerance, but a drug nonetheless.

Cocaine, heroin, they all come from plants. But don't forget that they are processed through many stages and steps. Marijuana "Cannabis" is taken directly from the plant, and smoked. If you want to get into that, I will gladly discuss. But you know what you're talking about so that is not necessary.
There's plenty of other drugs like that too. Eat a poppy pod, make tea, or just smoke the opium. That's raw right from the plant. Chew coca leaves. Don't forget you can refine marijuana further as well. And yeah I know concentrates don't compare to cocaine or heroin, but it is a very substantial increase in potency going from ~20% in weed to upwards of 90% THC in hash oil.

Also, I never said, "it's not a drug, it's just a plant." You are talking to me and implying to me that I am an idiot, when I am agreeing with you.
Read close, I didn't say you said that, I said "people" sound like idiots when they say that. I was alluding to someone else... If I wanted to insult you, I would have done so much more elegantly lol.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Not economically feasible. You need roughly 300 grams of dried coca leaves to produce just a single gram of cocaine. A warehouse full of plants, grown to maturity wouldn't even yield enough coke to cover the cost of the electricity needed to run the lights for the growth cycle of the plants. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Weed is a drug.
Alcohol is a drug.
Nicotine is a drug.

Also, pharmaceutical drug companies have a lot to lose from the legalization or marijuana as well, so they're in the pockets of all the politicians.

That indica argument would never hold up in court. You're already being charged with possession of marijuana and if they have the evidence against you, that's all they need. It's not the responsibility of the prosecuting attorney to prove that the guilty party was smoking sativa, just THC/etc.

It is a drug whether you consider it to be one or not. Let's say you're taking marijuana for a medical reason and it helps with that particular condition (anxiety, depression, pain, glaucoma, whatever)... it doesn't just make you normal, as if you didn't have that condition. You're just high and a product of the high is relief of an ailment. You're still high, you're still on a drug.

I smoke marijuana daily. I don't believe (or at least notice) it harming me in any way, but I still absolutely consider it a drug regardless of my rationale for doing it. A background drug with my tolerance, but a drug nonetheless.
My fault, I didn't mean any disrespect to you, and I hope you didn't mean any to me. Sorry I misunderstood you, my personal opinion is not the book definition.

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
My fault, I didn't mean any disrespect to you, and I hope you didn't mean any to me. Sorry I misunderstood you, my personal opinion is not the book definition.
It's all good i'm not trying to pick fights, just educate people.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Not always true... Good growers can get strains grown outdoors to heady level, and on the flip side you can also have real shytty indoors (high percentage of indoor beasters/bcs in the U.S. are complete junk for example, even though lots of people would consider them amazing).

Yea it is real crazy stuff, but I would take LSD over those types of chemicals any day. I tried another one called either DOC or DOB (I think both exist) and I think that was the one I tripped for ever and ever on and did not like. Although, nothing beats some quality L with a little molly mixed in for the candy flip when your at a festival or just a concert.

Top Bottom
Login
Register