Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I like how every single one of you judges me because of my age.

I didn't buy premium to be treated this poorly... I expected a little more mutual respect from you guys.
If it's really bothering you so much, just stop replying and walk away.

Schurman

Schurman

Lorem Ipsum
Reaction score
Sin$
If it's really bothering you so much, just stop replying and walk away.

It isn't bothering me at all. I just thought I should've mentioned that.

Anyway, I'm going to be releasing some PHP later on so you guys know I'm not just running my mouth.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$

I didn't buy premium to be treated this poorly... I expected a little more mutual respect from you guys.
Not one person commented on your age about programming, and being a Premium member does not mean for more respect. It's just that it is very unlikely that you know the basics of every language you listed.

Schurman

Schurman

Lorem Ipsum
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it doesn't help that you're making claims you keep failing to back up, and then trying to change what you lied about.

I didn't lie at all. I already said I misused 'fluently' a couple posts ago.

All of the languages mentioned I've messed around in, but again, the ones in bold I can easily work with.

Not one person commented on your age about programming, and being a Premium member does not mean for more respect. It's just that it is very unlikely that you know the basics of every language you listed.

If I hadn't stated my age I don't think you guys would be doubting me so much. I know I'm right about that.

I know being premium doesn't give me more respect, but that stuff is basic and I think everyone deserves a little bit. Right?

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$

All of the languages mentioned I've messed around in, but again, the ones in bold I can easily work with.

If I hadn't stated my age I don't think you guys would be doubting me so much. I know I'm right about that.

I know being premium doesn't give me more respect, but that stuff is basic and I think everyone deserves a little bit. Right?
I personally would've commented regardless of who posted it. But I'm 100% sure that you do not know more than declaring variables, loop statements, and math functions in the regular font languages you listed.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$

Nah, I just saw a post with '12 languages fluently', and then saw a github with nothing on it. I can't even say I know any language fluently tbh, it is really hard to be fluent in a language.

Schurman

Schurman

Lorem Ipsum
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah, I just saw a post with '12 languages fluently', and then saw a github with nothing on it. I can't even say I know any language fluently tbh, it is really hard to be fluent in a language.

OK. I see where you're coming from...

I don't use GitHub. I release most of my applications on another forum I use (and host them there), and I only just recently joined this forum.

I personally would've commented regardless of who posted it. But I'm 100% sure that you do not know more than declaring variables, loop statements, and math functions in the regular font languages you listed.

You are absolutely correct!

In the bold languages I can do a lot more than just this and I can also prove it...

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Dude, I'm 13. I just don't over estimate my coding ability.

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can doubt anything you want. I misused 'fluently.' As you said, and are correct, most of the languages I mentioned I only have small knowledge of. The bold ones are the ones I am highly experienced in.

I do and have made many (web) applications in C# (Windows, Windows Phone, ASP.NET) and PHP, and Pawn.

I also still do not see how vocab has any part in programming. Enlighten me, please. :smile:

Vocab is very important in a language, for example:

If you build a Java application I don't think some code like this will work:

Publlic clas startHax {
Publiccc Stateec voyd mayn(sTRING[] argS){

sistem.uut.println("Lokkk at mehh pro Javaaa");

}}

:tongue:

You see, being able to spell really helps,

Clarky17

Clarky17

Coolbunny1234<3
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyway, this question has gotten off topic and i think it's because this question is very open ended.

For example, people define "coding" in many different ways, there are some people out there who believe any type of .NET coding isn't programming at all. Others believe the exact opposite, and everyone's definition of fluency is different so it's kind of crazy to argue about it, one thing can be certain though, programming takes time to pick up and even more time to truly understand. But if you're committed to learning it there is no reason you should not be able to.

Swaino

Swaino

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey man we both have opinions I respect yours. By vocab I meant their are alot of meanings to words most people your age dont understand. Like a word such as abstract.

You see what im saying?
Yer man, words are hard sometimes, even you seem to struggle with the difference between there and their :tongue:

Clepto

Clepto

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I think we can come to a unanimous conclusion, that we can argue all we want about a topic in programming, but in the end, Sumo is going to win, that's how these threads always go down.

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

bet you cant write hello world in java...

xXxFollowTheCode

xXxFollowTheCode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends... for you it will be :tongue:
But really it just takes time, and it depends on how old you are too... I was 13 when I started coding, certain concepts (such as arrays, pointers and stuff like that) were hard. Other things, like variables in general, and easier languages were not. But if you don't have the time to put in it will be harder (if I had more time I would be better).
I started coding when I was 8 started with basic then progressed to visual basic then to html then to php then to python then where I am now C / Objective C / C++ I am still learning I am only 11 (My profile age is wrong. I hope I don't get kicked off.). I am fluent in all the languages except for C / Objetive C / C++ I am fluent but not as fluent because they are what I have just progressed onto. I am fluent as in I can program complex code. I have 42 books on python (ebooks ftw) and I have 1 on objective c and I am getting ones on C / C++ (I know these languages as they are a lot like objective c) I have one physical book on PHP/HTML/CSS. Programming is what comes naturally to me. If you enjoy solving problems and you like algebra in maths you should find it easy if you however are not interested in learning you will find it a lot harder as it has a lot to do with maths. If you gave me a program's source code I would most likely understand the workings of it.

xXxFollowTheCode

xXxFollowTheCode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello World Examples!
Code:
/* Objective C */
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
int main (int argc *, const char * argv[])
{
NSLog(@"Hello World!");
return(0);
}
/* PHP */
<?php
echo 'Hello World!';
?>
/* Python */
#!/usr/bin/python
print 'Hello World!'
/* C++ */
#include <iostream>
using namespace std
int main()
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello World Examples!
Code:
/* Objective C */
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
int main (int argc *, const char * argv[])
{
NSLog(@"Hello World!");
return(0);
}
/* PHP */
<?php
echo 'Hello World!';
?>
/* Python */
#!/usr/bin/python
print 'Hello World!'
/* C++ */
#include <iostream>
using namespace std
int main()
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}

You got the C++ wrong.
You forgot the semi-colon after "using namespace std".
:smile:

Visual Studio

Visual Studio

The Original Shiba Inu
Odysseus' Summit Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
You got the C++ wrong.
You forgot the semi-colon after "using namespace std".
:smile:
Do it like a man!
Code:
.model small,c
.stack 100h

.data
msg	db "Hello World!",0

.code
includelib MSVCRT
extrn printf:near
extrn exit:near

public main