What's new

Discussion 400 Dollar Computer Build

JaxJags

JaxJags

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys. I've been thinking lately of building a computer, but I'm don't even know where to start when it comes to components. I mainly need a computer to school work, use of eclipse, photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, indesign. Any games would probably be some emulators, or Sim city, or roller coaster tycoon. Nothing big. Just wondering if anyone could help me with a build. I would like an SSD for the operating system. I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or operating system; and I have a 500gb hard drive I can use. My budget is 400, but could possibly go to 450. Thanks guys

Brian Runs This

Brian Runs This

Sleep is the cousin of death
Fabled Veteran Jokester Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys. I've been thinking lately of building a computer, but I'm don't even know where to start when it comes to components. I mainly need a computer to school work, use of eclipse, photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, indesign. Any games would probably be some emulators, or Sim city, or roller coaster tycoon. Nothing big. Just wondering if anyone could help me with a build. I would like an SSD for the operating system. I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or operating system; and I have a 500gb hard drive I can use. My budget is 400, but could possibly go to 450. Thanks guys
Check this out: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KiY3

JaxJags

JaxJags

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks!

I found this on Craigslist. I would just swap the case and add an SSD. Is it good?

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Not really good,
1- For what you want to do, you should get a better CPU
2-Since you wont use any GPU demanding program, you could just get an integrated GPU
3-You need more than 64GB, trust me, Win7 take like 50gb, so youll just have 14gb left. Get a 500gb/1tb HDD and buy an SSD after

Brian Runs This

Brian Runs This

Sleep is the cousin of death
Fabled Veteran Jokester Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Not really good,
2-Since you wont use any GPU demanding program, you could just get an integrated GPU
3-You need more than 64GB, trust me, Win7 take like 50gb, so youll just have 14gb left. Get a 500gb/1tb HDD and buy an SSD after
He has a 500GB HDD already.
The CPU perfroms quite well for its age, and is easily up gradable.

JaxJags

JaxJags

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thx you guys. See if I can buy the components in the next few days.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Not really good,

Windows 7 (nor any other Windows for that matter) does not take up 50GB of space. At the very most, it's around 25GB with all drivers installed.

Looks good!

Top Bottom
Login
Register