What's new

Getting Open Ports on shared Connection?

• Thread starter Chill Dzify
  • Start date
  • Views 546
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chill Dzify

Chill Dzify

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My modem is entirely too far from my xbox to used the wired connection so I had to improvise with using Internet Connection Sharing on my Windows 8 Pc, My Router defines the default gateway of 192.168.254.254 and when I use the Ethernet port on my PC for ICS my Xbox is getting the IP address of 192.168.137.207 and my connection is moderate, anyone have any idea of a way that I can work around and have the Xbl ports forwarded to my xbox this way, I've searched google for days with no avail

mindl3ssviolnc3

mindl3ssviolnc3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This will likely be a feature from with in the router itself. You will type the address for the brand of router you are using such as linksys router: 192.168.1.1 d-link and netgear: 192.168.0.1 belkin is sometimes: 192.168.2.1 into your web browser. Once you have the right address in it should prompt you to enter username and password credentials. Once thats out of the way then you will have to dig around the configuration tabs and menus to find port forwarding. This can be different location and setting up for each brand I suggest consulting the documentation that came with it or doing a google search for "how to set up a 'my router' for port forwarding" I dont know if this answers your question or not but I hope it helps somehow.

Seems to me like it would be a lot easier though just to drop $50 if you can and get a wireless adapter. XBOX 360 WIRELESS ADAPTER.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Iku

Iku

I hate SS.
Reaction score
Sin$
This will likely be a feature from with in the router itself. You will type the address for the brand of router you are using such as linksys router: 192.168.1.1 d-link and netgear: 192.168.0.1 belkin is sometimes: 192.168.2.1 into your web browser. Once you have the right address in it should prompt you to enter username and password credentials. Once thats out of the way then you will have to dig around the configuration tabs and menus to find port forwarding. This can be different location and setting up for each brand I suggest consulting the documentation that came with it or doing a google search for "how to set up a 'my router' for port forwarding" I dont know if this answers your question or not but I hope it helps somehow.

Seems to me like it would be a lot easier though just to drop $50 if you can and get a wireless adapter. XBOX 360 WIRELESS ADAPTER.

If you have the money buy it.

Chill Dzify

Chill Dzify

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have the money buy it.
Which i dont lol

I have neither of the routers you listed im using a DSL Modem/Router Combo, and you didnt seem to understand that I'm using Internet sharing and my xbox ip is different than that of my pc, Pc is using the Internal Ip of 192.168.254.1 and the xbox is using 192.168.137.207, which is no-where remotely the same as my computer's Ip. With that being said I can connect the xbox to the modem and get Open ports but the modem is in the living room where as my xbox is in my room

mindl3ssviolnc3

mindl3ssviolnc3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Which i dont lol

I have neither of the routers you listed im using a DSL Modem/Router Combo, and you didnt seem to understand that I'm using Internet sharing and my xbox ip is different than that of my pc, Pc is using the Internal Ip of 192.168.254.1 and the xbox is using 192.168.137.207, which is no-where remotely the same as my computer's Ip. With that being said I can connect the xbox to the modem and get Open ports but the modem is in the living room where as my xbox is in my room
Ok, change your pc's ip address to a static one and then manually configure it and enter in the same ip as your xbox? Think that might help you? Still say go for the adapter tho! :wink: PS you can look up the IP address to your router/modem combo on google I was just giving a few examples. Every router has one, they have to.

Chill Dzify

Chill Dzify

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, change your pc's ip address to a static one and then manually configure it and enter in the same ip as your xbox? Think that might help you? Still say go for the adapter tho! :wink: PS you can look up the IP address to your router/modem combo on google I was just giving a few examples. Every router has one, they have to.
Already tried to give it a static IP the xbox wont connect that way, My modem's Default Ip is 192.168.254.254 :frown:

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Already tried to give it a static IP the xbox wont connect that way, My modem's Default Ip is 192.168.254.254 :frown:

What brand is your modem/router man? Mine is just like yours but it's from AT&T (2WIRE.)

Fear Andy

Fear Andy

Getting There
Mr. Nice Guy Chatty Kathy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
try this

1. Open Network and Sharing center (start/control panel/ network and internet/network and sharing center)

2. Click change adapter settings

3. Right click on your shared internet connection ( in this case should be your WIFI connection), select properties, sharing tab, check: Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection.

4. Stay on the sharing tab and click settings, uncheck everything under settings, now click add:

Description of Service- Xbox1
Name or IP address of the computer hosting this service on your network: ( name of your comp )
External Port: TCP 53
Internal Port: TCP 53

Description of Service: Xbox 2
Name of IP address of the computer hosting this service on your network:
External Port: UDP 53
Internal Port: UDP 53

Description of Service: Xbox 3
External Port: UDP 88
Internal Port: UDP 88

Description of Service: Xbox 4
External Port: TCP 3074
Internal Port: TCP 3074

Description of Service: Xbox 5
External Port: UDP 3074
Internal Port: UDP 3074

Chill Dzify

Chill Dzify

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
try this

1. Open Network and Sharing center (start/control panel/ network and internet/network and sharing center)

2. Click change adapter settings

3. Right click on your shared internet connection ( in this case should be your WIFI connection), select properties, sharing tab, check: Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection.

4. Stay on the sharing tab and click settings, uncheck everything under settings, now click add:

Description of Service- Xbox1
Name or IP address of the computer hosting this service on your network: ( name of your comp )
External Port: TCP 53
Internal Port: TCP 53

Description of Service: Xbox 2
External Port: UDP 53
Internal Port: UDP 53

Description of Service: Xbox 3
External Port: UDP 88
Internal Port: UDP 88

Description of Service: Xbox 4
External Port: TCP 3074
Internal Port: TCP 3074

Description of Service: Xbox 5
External Port: UDP 3074
Internal Port: UDP 3074

EDIT: I finally got connected to xbox but I still have nat type problem so I'll be stuck with it I suppose

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register