• Start date
  • Views 467,859
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Aww, would you sell one to me? Or order one then i'll pay you via paypal + some money for your self?

Sorry...iwont have enough money til next month

BlitZxSiN

BlitZxSiN

Reaction score
Sin$
So I've researched for the last few hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find the answer. I just installed the xk3y on my slim. When I go to the xbox on, the eject powers it as well as the power on/off, but when I turn it on, the remote stays starts the xk3y logo and then disappears. It flashes blue if I hit a button on it (NOTE: It is not constantly flashing blue.)

I tried following the guide on how to recover a corrupt SD card, but every time I go to download the XD Image it tell me that the archive is not valid and I cannot unzip it.

EDIT I have done the following:
- Quadruple checked that the cables matched appropriate slots
- Inserted the dummy.bin, deleted, and reinserted several times
- Attempted to update firmware, but it won't because the menu on the remote won't load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
So I've researched for the last few hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find the answer. I just installed the xk3y on my slim. When I go to the xbox on, the eject powers it as well as the power on/off, but when I turn it on, the remote stays blank. It flashes blue if I hit a button on it (NOTE: It is not constantly flashing blue.)

I tried following the guide on how to recover a corrupt SD card, but every time I go to download the XD Image it tell me that the archive is not valid and I cannot unzip it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

try redownloading the file. i just did and it worked for me.

BlitZxSiN

BlitZxSiN

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the response. I managed to reformat the SD card, but still getting the same results.I've tried powering on both ways numerous times. Both ways it does the same thing. Power on xbox....logo comes up for 15 seconds then disappears, press the button again logo comes on for 15 seconds or so and disappears. I've followed every single guide on how to hook it up and I'm 99.99% positive it's correct according to the xk3y guide.

I also tried replacing all cables (the flat cable, sata cable, molex, micro usb) I shaved part of the plastic off the micro usb to ensure a proper fit, nothing.

Vahkesh

Vahkesh

I'm the best get over it
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Where do I got to by a xk3y Gecko the links on there website are dead.

BlitZxSiN

BlitZxSiN

Reaction score
Sin$
Check the resellers of xk3y, most of them have it. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links. However, I would not recommend the gecko at this point. In my reading, I think the gecko may not be extracting a usable dummy.bin.

Ruin

Ruin

Complete Annihilation
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been thinking about whether or not should I get an X360key and they appear to be useful in many ways, so I am most likely going to get one. Unfortunately I use a old laptop and it lacks a SATA Port and a Micro SD Card Port.
I managed to find this for the Micro SD Card to be used with my laptop :http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Mem...ory_Card_Readers_Adapters&hash=item3f0db76de5
Other than that, I do not know how I would assemble a PCI Card to work with my laptop, but other than the PCI Card is there any alternatives that I could use to get SATA Ports on my Laptop?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
306 RALLYE

306 RALLYE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been thinking about whether or not should I get an X360key and they appear to be useful in many ways, so I am most likely going to get one. Unfortunately I use a old laptop and it lacks a SATA Port and a Micro SD Card Port.
I managed to find this for the Micro SD Card to be used with my laptop :http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Mem...ory_Card_Readers_Adapters&hash=item3f0db76de5
Other than that, I do not know how I would assemble a PCI Card to work with my laptop, but other than the PCI Card is there any alternatives that I could use to get SATA Ports on my Laptop?

Get an x360usbpro + ck3i

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the response. I managed to reformat the SD card, but still getting the same results.I've tried powering on both ways numerous times. Both ways it does the same thing. Power on xbox....logo comes up for 15 seconds then disappears, press the button again logo comes on for 15 seconds or so and disappears. I've followed every single guide on how to hook it up and I'm 99.99% positive it's correct according to the xk3y guide.

I also tried replacing all cables (the flat cable, sata cable, molex, micro usb) I shaved part of the plastic off the micro usb to ensure a proper fit, nothing.

It sounds like the xkey is messed up....it happens very rarely...email the site where you bought it and try to explain it to them.

Where do I got to by a xk3y Gecko the links on there website are dead.

Check the links in the op

Just buy that and your good. You don't need any thing dealing with sata
If you need a way to get the DVD key, then check the maximus 360 lizard

BlitZxSiN

BlitZxSiN

Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like the xkey is messed up....it happens very rarely...email the site where you bought it and try to explain it to them.

You were right, both my usb dongle and xk3y remote were broken. Unfortunately the site I bought it from has not responded to me once since I emailed them week ago. They are listed as a reseller on xk3y's website too. I took it to a local guy and bought the parts off him and it's up and working great now. Shame that I'm out $50 now, but I won't be buying from that reseller again.

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
You were right, both my usb dongle and xk3y remote were broken. Unfortunately the site I bought it from has not responded to me once since I emailed them week ago. They are listed as a reseller on xk3y's website too. I took it to a local guy and bought the parts off him and it's up and working great now. Shame that I'm out $50 now, but I won't be buying from that reseller again.

Sorry to hear about that. Are you up and running now?

_AcE

_AcE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I live in aus so if I was to use one of these would I be able to play ntsc games or will I still have to use pal/region free?

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I live in aus so if I was to use one of these would I be able to play ntsc games or will I still have to use pal/region free?

games will still be region locked. whatever games are met to go on your console, you'll still need those ones.

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Im thinking about getting one since modchipcentral is in the same city as i am, i have one question though, im thinking about getting them to install it on my slim, but when there is a dashboard update since im going to be using this online will i have to put my dvd firmware back on the sd card?

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Im thinking about getting one since modchipcentral is in the same city as i am, i have one question though, im thinking about getting them to install it on my slim, but when there is a dashboard update since im going to be using this online will i have to put my dvd firmware back on the sd card?

The ofw will already be on the sd card....you don't use cfw with this

Top Bottom
Login
Register