• Views 1,437
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Mute

-Mute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a old Toshiba laptop, that has the BSOD error 0x000000ED (0x82BADC18, 0xC00009c, 0x0000000000,0x00000000) Unmountable_BOOT_VOLUME. I cant do anything with this computer, It doesn't run even in safe mode. Any suggestions? I have another laptop, that i was thinking maybe I could download windows 7 or something on a USB and setup the other computer if I could? Or what would you suggest

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to flash the BIOS?

-Mute

-Mute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to flash the BIOS?
Im unsure. I cant boot with safe mode, nor safe mode with command prompt, or anything. How could I flash the BIOS? and what would that do? I don't have the system discs that came with the computer.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Im unsure. I cant boot with safe mode, nor safe mode with command prompt, or anything. How could I flash the BIOS? and what would that do? I don't have the system discs that came with the computer.
Can you put a diff harddrive it it?

-Mute

-Mute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you put a diff harddrive it it?
The other laptop i have is a netbook , running windows 7. and it cant do much. I would just burn a new disc, but my netbook doesn't have a cd slot. Can I just somehow download something, put it on a usb, and fix this all?

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
The other laptop i have is a netbook , running windows 7. and it cant do much. I would just burn a new disc, but my netbook doesn't have a cd slot. Can I just somehow download something, put it on a usb, and fix this all?
There is a way to install an OS from a flash drive, but it's somewhat complicated. There's most likely vids on Youtube though.

-Mute

-Mute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a way to install an OS from a flash drive, but it's somewhat complicated. There's most likely vids on Youtube though.
There might be a way to install an OS from a usb, but will it work even though the whole BSOD Unmountable boot volume error?

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like it's a fixboot error. Or the HDD is going bad, or the memory could be loose. If you can't do a fixboot on it and the hardware is fine then you need to re-install windows.

-Mute

-Mute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like it's a fixboot error. Or the HDD is going bad, or the memory could be loose. If you can't do a fixboot on it and the hardware is fine then you need to re-install windows.
How would I do a 'Fixboot' ? and I'm going to attempt to install windows xp from a USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register