What's new

Discussion [2012]Get a refund for your Xbox LIVE purchase and keep the item (NEW! 2012)

• Thread starter Tyler
  • Start date
  • Views 21,804
Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
NOTE: This is an updated version of this tutorial. There are new steps that need to be taken to get your refund. I figured I'd whip this up for you guys. I can vouch that this works as I just did it.

**If you're given the no refunds policy garbage, just exit the chat and connect to a new one.**

Step 1
Head over the the Xbox LIVE Support page. Start a live chat. Be patient, it could take a while.

Step 2
Explain your problem. They'll have troubleshooting steps for you. Just tell them you're following them.

Step 3
Now, I've ran into this part on all my attempts recently. The agent may refer you to the publisher for the content you wanting to get a refund for. Don't get upset. Ask him/her for the support page.

Step 4
Now, this part requires patience. Wait. Try about 1-3 days.

Step 5
Going into the live support chat once again. Once connected, explain that you contacted Xbox Support recently for a non-working piece of content or game. Tell them you emailed the publisher and they were unable to fix your issue.

Step 6
Sit back and wait. The agent should have you wait and process your points refund.

Just an updated version for you guys. I'll vouch for this. I went through this with a game. Contacted them a few days ago and just got back with them tonight and successfully got a refund.

I do NOT take credit for this method at all. Just sharing the newer method you may need to follow.

Lea

Lea

VIP
VIP
End of the Year 2013 Bright Idea Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
this works i did it other week but the thing is i did it because the map pak did not work lol but yes this works nice +1 mate

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. Before anyone says this has been posted, this is just an updated version guys.

D

Deleted member 287641

GIGITY GIGITY
Reaction score
Sin$
Great post Tyler I will look it to this myself, since I have ran into other problems lol.

Y

You Lost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Allow me to add something if I may:

-When you're making your support request, inform them that you have ALREADY TROUBLESHOOTED your issue and that you've performed most of the typical resolution methods explained. Tell them you've already cleared your cache, deleted your marketplace data and, most importantly, emailed the publisher. This will save you time and eliminate the waiting portion of the process (at least, the part where you wait for a reply from the publisher). Just tell them you googled as many solutions as possible before you turned to Xbox support.

durham iz hogan

durham iz hogan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just worked or me on a DLC, just said i had already spoke to publisher and they reffered me to you and i got back my 800MS points :biggrin:

A

adam24c

Reaction score
Sin$
This works but there is a secret to it. You tell them that you troubleshooted and contacted the publisher who referred you to them, etc.. Then, you tell them that when you go to download it to see if it would make you buy it again that it tells you to download again, and when you go to load it, it says don't have the dlc required(I used this for collection 1 for mw3.) I am trying to think of a way to get msp back for nba 2k12 i bought yesterday.

A

adam24c

Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't get escalated, I was given it instantly, For NBA though because I already got a refund and that being the only reason, I am getting escalated for that and in 13 days they'll contact me and refund me.

A

adam24c

Reaction score
Sin$
Please PM me amundsonk and Lucifers Dog if it works, I would like to know as it worked for me hopefully it works for others.

Adhiboy

Adhiboy

Reaction score
Sin$
I guess I'll toss my hat into the ring here.
I got caught doing this because an agent was able to link my gamertag back to this account. I'm foolish for keeping the same username. It's something I regret heavily but thankfully wasn't banned for. Now I just have an agent who tales me.
You guys, they're all on to us. You will get caught eventually. Don't do this anymore.

Top Bottom
Login
Register