• Thread starter TehLukeHD
  • Start date
  • Views 376
T

TehLukeHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys this is my current pc it uses intel family hd integrated graphics. I need tips on a graphics cards and any other upgrades that are necessary. I'm from uk so uk prices would be best and reasonably priced.
Capture-6.png

Capture2-2.png

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ram is fine, the CPU is powerful and before anyone can accurately give you information on what graphics card you should look into, we need to know what you will be using it for.

T

TehLukeHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ram is fine, the CPU is powerful and before anyone can accurately give you information on what graphics card you should look into, we need to know what you will be using it for.

Hopefully 'intense' 24/7 pc gaming as console gaming is really a bore to me now.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully 'intense' 24/7 pc gaming as console gaming is really a bore to me now.
Integrated graphics are bad on new games, the ram can play all games out atm, is it a laptop or desktop? You would probably have to play on low resolution no AA with settings turned to normal to get 15-30fps. If you want a cheap reliable gpu get a gtx560 overclocked to perfoem like a gtx 570.

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I would suggest looking up the GTX 560 TI 448 core edition. Its a limited edition card that has the guts of a GTX 570 that weren't fully capable of being a GTX 570 because they failed QA or something like that. Pretty much, from some of the benchmarks I have seen, it gets approximately the same FPS in games as the GTX 570.

Although since you have a flagship CPU. a flagship GPU will compliment it nicely. Right now, the only real flagship GPU for gaming is the GTX 580 but it weighs in at a $500 compared to the GTX 570 at $350. I am personally waiting till January 9th when the new AMD HD7970 and HD7950 are launched. They look fairly promising and come in at about the same price range as the GTX 580 (rumoured to be $450 for the HD7950 and $550 for the HD7950). The HD 79xx series should outperform the GTX 580 and use far less power than it as well so there shouldn't be any real need to upgrade your power supply as long as its a reputable brand with about 550W.

Keep in mind that this new competition in performance might make Nvidia drop the GTX 580s price in the following months if you can wait that long.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
I would suggest looking up the GTX 560 TI 448 core edition. Its a limited edition card that has the guts of a GTX 570 that weren't fully capable of being a GTX 570 because they failed QA or something like that. Pretty much, from some of the benchmarks I have seen, it gets approximately the same FPS in games as the GTX 570.

Although since you have a flagship CPU. a flagship GPU will compliment it nicely. Right now, the only real flagship GPU for gaming is the GTX 580 but it weighs in at a $500 compared to the GTX 570 at $350. I am personally waiting till January 9th when the new AMD HD7970 and HD7950 are launched. They look fairly promising and come in at about the same price range as the GTX 580 (rumoured to be $450 for the HD7950 and $550 for the HD7950). The HD 79xx series should outperform the GTX 580 and use far less power than it as well so there shouldn't be any real need to upgrade your power supply as long as its a reputable brand with about 550W.

Keep in mind that this new competition in performance might make Nvidia drop the GTX 580s price in the following months if you can wait that long.
If I was cutting it that close on a psu I would go with something in the ax series, one power surge and you get to much power and your psu will f*** you over]

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I was cutting it that close on a psu I would go with something in the ax series, one power surge and you get to much power and your psu will f*** you over]

Ever heard of a surge protector, they cost like $10 and protect sensitive electronics. As long as he has a reputable brand power supply, he will be perfectly fine with an i7 and gtx 580. The i7 draws about 150W while the GTX 580 draws about 350W. Thats only 500W leaving an extra 50W for drives, fans and the like. Fans draw about 3W each and drives draw about 10W each. 550W is cutting it close but it should be enough with a reputable power supply.

If a power supply upgrade is what you need, then the first question is whether you want a modular one or not. Modular ones are about $30-50 more and aren't necessarily something you need. If you don't want modularity, look at the CX builder series from corsair, if you want modularity, look at the HX or TX series from Corsair. The AX series just offers higher energy efficiency rating and a higher price tag. If you can justify this, go ahead but it won't protect your components any better than any other PSU from Corsair.

Other reputable brands to look into is Seasonic, Silverstone and Antec.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Ever heard of a surge protector, they cost like $10 and protect sensitive electronics. As long as he has a reputable brand power supply, he will be perfectly fine with an i7 and gtx 580. The i7 draws about 150W while the GTX 580 draws about 350W. Thats only 500W leaving an extra 50W for drives, fans and the like. Fans draw about 3W each and drives draw about 10W each. 550W is cutting it close but it should be enough with a reputable power supply.

If a power supply upgrade is what you need, then the first question is whether you want a modular one or not. Modular ones are about $30-50 more and aren't necessarily something you need. If you don't want modularity, look at the CX builder series from corsair, if you want modularity, look at the HX or TX series from Corsair. The AX series just offers higher energy efficiency rating and a higher price tag. If you can justify this, go ahead but it won't protect your components any better than any other PSU from Corsair.

Other reputable brands to look into is Seasonic, Silverstone and Antec
Gtx 580s draw around 250...
i7 at stock: 95

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Power surges.... Power surge protectors don't protect against lightning. Good or bad PSU.

T

TehLukeHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for all the replys people I'm just gonna wait till beginning of january see whats around in the january sales etc will probably pick up the 560.

@GENeTiCz xx
Where I live there is never lightning etc never has been in the 15 years i've lived here so I don't particularly need to worry about that too be quite honest. :smile:

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for all the replys people I'm just gonna wait till beginning of january see whats around in the january sales etc will probably pick up the 560.

@GENeTiCz xx
Where I live there is never lightning etc never has been in the 15 years i've lived here so I don't particularly need to worry about that too be quite honest. :smile:

My whole life I've never experienced any kind of power surge what so ever. As a mater of fact of never heard of anyone around here experiencing a power surge. I'm going to guess it all depends on where you live as well though.

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Power surges.... Power surge protectors don't protect against lightning. Good or bad PSU.

Don't keep your computer outside, especially when its raining...

Check out the MSI and EVGA cards, they are pretty much the best manufacturers using nvidia chips. MSI offers some cards with an aftermarket cooler called the Twin Frozr II or III and I don't think I have heard anything bad about them. Their Twin Frozr cards, from what I have heard, are fairly queit and are fairly cool under load. EVGA on the other hand, their stock cards and their classified series have always gotten good reviews and their customer service is supposedly pretty good. Also, the GTX 560 ti 448 core edition, if that was the one you were referring to, is a limited edition card so the supplies are infinite, once they are gone, they are gone. Although I don't think they will be sold out in a months time as they were only released like a week ago.

T

TehLukeHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1280mb-evga-gtx-560-ti-classified-40nm-3900mhz-gddr5-gpu-797mhz-shader-1594mhz-448-cores-2x-dl-dvi-m is that the card? if so im gonna see if i can get it :smile: hopefully i can

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't keep your computer outside, especially when its raining...

You obviously are just trying to troll or you just made a stupid comment and you don't even realize it. If lightning can cause a power surge on a transformer then your computer is screwed. Lightning can strike, that electricity through power lines, and into your computer causing excess power. Tons of excess power then well your computer is fried. Nice job of trying to troll after making a stupid comment.

Top Bottom
Login
Register