• Views 1,741
Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How to use your iDevice as a keyboard/mouse.
logitech-touch-mouse-server25041.png
In this tutorial I will be showing you how to use your iDevice as a keyboard/mouse on a Windows Pc.

As a matter of fact I am using my iPhone as a keyboard whilst writing this.

How I came across this software is a funny story, I woke up this morning and stood on my keyboard and broke it.

So lets get cracking, what you will need is the following.
  • WiFi Connection
  • iDevice (Touch or Phone)
  • Windows PC (You can also use this on a Mac)
  • TouchMouse Server software, here.
Note: No Jailbreak is needed for this to work, it can be used on a stock iDevice.

Step 1:

On your iDevice go to the App Store and search for "TouchMouse" and install it. TouchMouse is a Logitech product that is free.
IMG_0158.png

Step 2:

Install the server software (link above), once installed run the server software.
Capture.png
Capture2.png

Step 3:

On your iDevice you can now run TouchMouse, once it has loaded it will search for your PC running the server software, once found it will show the name of your PC.
IMG_0159.png

Step 4:

Select your PC and wait for it to connect, it may take a while depending on how far away your router is.
IMG_0160.png

Step 5:

Have fun with your "new" keyboard and mouse.
IMG_0161.png

I wouldn't recommend you use this all the time, I will be buying a new keyboard but this will suffice.

Oh if you have a sister like me it is fun pissing them off, when they are not looking install the server software on their PC/Laptop and let the fun begin :

AquaticMirror

AquaticMirror

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
GJ, but you could alwaus get teamviewer and use it as a keyboard, its in the appstore....

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds nice if you have no other keyboard but I personally dislike typing on an iDevice but it's better than typing with a virtual keyboard

Nice tutorial :smile:

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
GJ, but you could alwaus get teamviewer and use it as a keyboard, its in the appstore....
Sounds nice if you have no other keyboard but I personally dislike typing on an iDevice but it's better than typing with a virtual keyboard

Nice tutorial :smile:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I hate using the OSK with Windows, it does my bloody nut in!

I am finding it very good to troll my family when they are updating their status on facebook haha.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
this is pretty cool, i'm going to use this to prank some friends

I fraped my sister the other day while she was on Facebook. She turned around to talk to her friend who was around and it was a pretty epic moment.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Not working. It's all installed right. But it just doesn't work.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Not working. It's all installed right. But it just doesn't work.

Which part doesn't work?

If your PC isn't showing up in the iDevice App then you may want to enter your PCs IP address manually.

Tyler

Tyler

Reaction score
Sin$
Which part doesn't work?

If your PC isn't showing up in the iDevice App then you may want to enter your PCs IP address manually.
It connects and shows in the list when I need to pick the PC. Nothing works. It's connected just fine.

Video. Sorry for the quality, done with my phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aPjDsVKxg

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

I know this is a long shot but check your Windows Firewall settings, locate the Logitech TouchMouse app and edit the inbound rules. It might connect but that is all it will do until you grant it permissions.

Also if you use a third party firewall like ZoneAlarm that may block access but still grant the connection.

Tyler

Tyler

Reaction score
Sin$
It's already in my exceptions list. Right now it's not even finding the server though.

EDIT: Yeah, it acts like there's no server period. Manual entry also fails. This is bulls***...

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's already in my exceptions list. Right now it's not even finding the server though.

EDIT: Yeah, it acts like there's no server period. Manual entry also fails. This is bulls***...

It might be your physical router blocking the connections as the PC software sets everything up.

Does your iDevice ever have problems with the Wi-Fi? If it does it might be worth resetting your connection setting on the iDevice.

ItzzBlink

ItzzBlink

Not the bees!
Reaction score
Sin$
cool, im using it now
:smile: just wish scrolling was a little easier.

Tyler

Tyler

Reaction score
Sin$
It might be your physical router blocking the connections as the PC software sets everything up.

Does your iDevice ever have problems with the Wi-Fi? If it does it might be worth resetting your connection setting on the iDevice.
Everything works fine on it. Wifi always works. It just won't work with this app for some reason.

I really want this to work. Get on AIM so you can help me.

EDIT: My netbook doesn't show on the ipod either...wtf

EDIT2: You've been on multiple times but can't help me out at all?

Tyler

Tyler

Reaction score
Sin$
I found the problem. It was my router. My printer stopped working wirelessly so I did a factory reset. Fixed it and it now works.

Top Bottom
Login
Register