• Thread starter decima7e
  • Start date
  • Views 1,104
decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Sup 7s, haven't posted here in a while and it's good to see all of the new changes.
Anyways, I just busted out an old JTAG and fixed it, so now I have 2. I want to put a normal nand on it and flash the drive, so if it gets banned I can just put a new kv on it since i Have the cpu key. I could also downgrade the dashboard back to a jtagable version.

Is it possible to have a normal dashboard with xell, and still play on live? (The answer is probably no but I am not 100% familiar with the process that ms uses to flag consoles. ) I want to be able to downgrade the dash without resoldering all of the jtag wires and using nandpro.

Also, is there a way to write dvd firmware with xell or some other tool? I don't want to bust out my old *** desktop and do it normally.

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't I need a cygnos to dual boot? And why would I do the rgh if it's already jtagged?
You need a coolrunner
http://team-xecuter.com/xecuter-coolrunner-final-production-images/

Well you said you wanted Xell and be able to go online so I suggested this, you could send your xbox to someone and get it RGH and flashed

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
You need a coolrunner
http://team-xecuter....duction-images/

Well you said you wanted Xell and be able to go online so I suggested this, you could send your xbox to someone and get it RGH and flashed

I don't want that, I just want to be able to have xell on the main image and still be able to go on live, with no other modifications so the nand image. If thats not possible, do you know of a way to write dvd firmware from the console directly instead of plugging it into a computer?

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't want that, I just want to be able to have xell on the main image and still be able to go on live, with no other modifications so the nand image. If thats not possible, do you know of a way to write dvd firmware from the console directly instead of plugging it into a computer?
Not possible. You've been told what to do. And no, you need to connect the drive to the pc to dump the FW.

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure that there are no tools developed at all that allow you to modify the dvd firmware from a jtag'd console?

N

NITRAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You could use xell to boot linux and flash the DVD firmware there, theres a few linux flashing tools about but they don't support every drive.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
This is gonna be a bit long and confusing so bear with me :x3:

If you update a jtagged console with an official MS update it will blow some fuses in the cpu that will block your ability to run unsigned code, thus making your jtag into a regular retail console. You would be unable to run XeLL or anything you need a jtag for.

There are no applications that flash your dvd drive (public) from a hacked dash or XeLL, although some are being worked on behind closed doors. The concept is to use the drive firmware updater from the official MS update (updates drives to allow XGD3 discs to be read) and use it as a base, then swap out the original FWs with our own CFWs. Not likely to be released soon, if ever.

To be able to boot into a hacked dashboard and use live on the same console you are required to use the reset glitch hack with a cygnos chip. The cygnos is only used for its dual nand feature, the RGH for booting unsigned code. There is NO way to boot unsigned code and sign into live without flashing the nand. You could however use a nand flasher to switch between your original image and a hacked image each time, but you'd have to flash the nand every time you wanted to swap.

As for unbanning your console, what motherboard is it? If it's a xenon then you're between a rock and a hard place; you can unban your console at will as xenons have no hash checks on the kvs, but they can't be hacked using the RGH due to the lack of HANA chip.

Hope that helps, if you have any more Q's don't be afraid to ask. :wink:

N

NITRAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

If you update a jtagged console with an official MS update it will blow some fuses in the cpu that will block your ability to run unsigned code, thus making your jtag into a regular retail console. You would be unable to run XeLL or anything you need a jtag for.

There are no applications that flash your dvd drive (public) from a hacked dash or XeLL, although some are being worked on behind closed doors. The concept is to use the drive firmware updater from the official MS update (updates drives to allow XGD3 discs to be read) and use it as a base, then swap out the original FWs with our own CFWs. Not likely to be released soon, if ever.

To be able to boot into a hacked dashboard and use live on the same console you are required to use the reset glitch hack with a cygnos chip. The cygnos is only used for its dual nand feature, the RGH for booting unsigned code. There is NO way to boot unsigned code and sign into live without flashing the nand. You could however use a nand flasher to switch between your original image and a hacked image each time, but you'd have to flash the nand every time you wanted to swap.

As for unbanning your console, what motherboard is it? If it's a xenon then you're between a rock and a hard place; you can unban your console at will as xenons have no hash checks on the kvs, but they can't be hacked using the RGH due to the lack of HANA chip.

Hope that helps, if you have any more Q's don't be afraid to ask. :wink:
I know a few tools he could use to flash the drive in linux which you can boot to in xell, you might even be able to use dosflash using wine.

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Xell is on the NAND, not the DVD drive.

I knew that.
You could use xell to boot linux and flash the DVD firmware there, theres a few linux flashing tools about but they don't support every drive.

care to share the name of these tools? I already have debian installed on my old 20gb xbox hdd so this is convenient for me.

You can downgrade even if the efuses are blown if you have the cpu key.

Hold the f*** up, are you saying that I don't have to buy kv's cause it's a xenon?

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$

Hold the f*** up, are you saying that I don't have to buy kv's cause it's a xenon?

about downgrade:
unfortunatley if you have update you can only downgrade to 8xxx and it will not be jtagable

about unbanning:
the new consoles zephyr-slim have a hash check that makes it so that you can only use your original kv, xenons can be unbanned, but unfortunately you can not do teh rgh on it, so being able to play on live is out of the question

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$

No you can't, the fuses are blown to prevent you booting the older kernel, which is necessary to run a hacked dash using the SMC exploit.

No, you still need an unbanned KV but you can swap them out without any problems. If you have the cpu key on a xenon, you can take your original unmodified image, import a different kv and it will boot. Any other console (zephyr to corona) would get christmas lights if you tried this.

If what you're asking is can you get online with a hacked image, then your answer is no. Nobody will tell you how to or release it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register