Discussion Xbox360/Computer?

• Thread starter lord fatal
  • Start date
  • Views 364
L

lord fatal

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, first I would like to say I honestly don't know if this is the correct place to post this and that I'm sorry if it is.

I am not very smart when it comes to computer type of things, but this came onto my mind while I was thinking of cool things that could be done with an xbox360. So I was thinking if it would be possible for a motherboard to have another motherboard like the 360s connected to it and run it as an application(if someone were to code an application for it)? I'm not sure if I am describing this very well, but if anyone understands what I'm trying to say please reply to this.

Diesel

Diesel

I love the smell of Diesel in the morning
Reaction score
Sin$
There would have to be some modification, a lot actually. It can be done, it would be more of making the Xbox into c computer rather than the other way around if you know what I mean.

L

lord fatal

Reaction score
Sin$
There would have to be some modification, a lot actually. It can be done, it would be more of making the Xbox into c computer rather than the other way around if you know what I mean.

Do you know if it has been done before?

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, first I would like to say I honestly don't know if this is the correct place to post this and that I'm sorry if it is.

I am not very smart when it comes to computer type of things, but this came onto my mind while I was thinking of cool things that could be done with an xbox360. So I was thinking if it would be possible for a motherboard to have another motherboard like the 360s connected to it and run it as an application(if someone were to code an application for it)? I'm not sure if I am describing this very well, but if anyone understands what I'm trying to say please reply to this.

You're mixing hardware with software, which means what you're thinking of won't work.

There are pre-built computers that have 360's components in them, I tried to find it online, but I couldn't. Through a bit of digging, you should be able to find it.

Fitting all that stuff into a 360 case, though, would be more difficult, as there isn't much room in there as is.

L

lord fatal

Reaction score
Sin$
You're mixing hardware with software, which means what you're thinking of won't work.

There are pre-built computers that have 360's components in them, I tried to find it online, but I couldn't. Through a bit of digging, you should be able to find it.

Fitting all that stuff into a 360 case, though, would be more difficult, as there isn't much room in there as is.

Well I was thinking of putting it into a regular computer tower case, but anyways thank you for your reply :smile:

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I was thinking of putting it into a regular computer tower case, but anyways thank you for your reply :smile:
In that case (No pun intended), it's very possible and it has been done. It's like 7 grand, though, so it would be advised just to make it yourself.

L

lord fatal

Reaction score
Sin$
In that case (No pun intended), it's very possible and it has been done. It's like 7 grand, though, so it would be advised just to make it yourself.

Do you know of anyone who has done this that may be able to provide me with a short and basic step by step to make one?

Do you know of anyone who has done this that may be able to provide me with a short and basic step by step to make one?

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you know of anyone who has done this that may be able to provide me with a short and basic step by step to make one? who has done this that may be able to provide me with a short and basic step by step to make one?
No, I have only seen it in that one retail product.

It wouldn't be hard, though, just get an excessively large case, a smaller mobo, and some extra holes for mounting.

Top Bottom
Login
Register