• Views 2,411
DrZimbabwe

DrZimbabwe

Peace at Last
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
sony-playstation-network-hacked.jpg

In April 2011, Hacker stole 77 million PSN customers personal information--including names, addresses, billing history.The some days later another massive breach at Sony was 100 million user's personal info hacked in Japan . Just yesterday Sony PlayStation Network hacked again, user passwords compromised. The Hacker News investigate about this Biggest Hacking case of Year.

A Hacking Group named "PH4N70M Hacking Team" Claiming to Hack the PSN Network. We (THN) try to talk with these hackers and try to collect some info about this Breach. The Statement by Founder of PH4N70M Hacking Team -- "The PSN was comprised of multiple forwarding servers. When my team went in, we found an authorization server (Codenamed auth.sony). This server had no encryption, no DDoS protection was in place. No load balancing. This is how the PSN network was taken down. I thought I’d pass that along to you due to the confusion people are having. This gateway was not load balanced and not secured operating through the default port 80. This server, during early operations back in February (when the operation was initiated in a vote in Operation Payback) was also thought to control login to sonys stores and shop networks. (Marketplace) I cannot confirm this. The original planned attack was going to be a LOIC + Slowloris attack. I also heard before I left of a bufferoverflow attack.The key players in PH4N70M (Phantom) include an exploiter (TH0R), Xik, and several others including the operation payback collaborator named Wolfy. The rest of the team will remain hidden for now.The credit card concerns were all because the data was never encrypted when sent"

PSN was hacked by "PH4N70M Hacking Team"

Treasure

Treasure

HowManyLettersCanIFitInHereBeforeIRunOutOfSpace?50
Jokester Fabled Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
*hiding in the shadows* haha it was secretly me :biggrin:

L

Morgan 7s

Smellz Liek T33n Spirt
Mr. Nice Guy Jokester Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Source??
From what I read it seems that Sony are retarded no encryption or ddos protection how stupid can they get.

Vacca

Vacca

Killuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
Now atleast the cops and other authorities know who now.

Not sure if they can do much considering there isn't a single law that says hacking is illegal. Unless they begin charging users credit cards they cant really do much

Snoops

Snoops

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure if they can do much considering there isn't a single law that says hacking is illegal. Unless they begin charging users credit cards they cant really do much

Actually they denied Sony users service which is illegal. For example a DoS attack denies people service to the internet, and is illegal.

DeadOnSight

DeadOnSight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it doesn't exactly say where the team is based out of, so I am unsure what is going to happen because it depends on the law of the country.

C

Car247

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually they denied Sony users service which is illegal. For example a DoS attack denies people service to the internet, and is illegal.
LOL hacking is illegal they compromised personal info which is illegal.

M

Mcgarry247

Reaction score
Sin$
lol "LOIC" (low orbital ion cannon)
that doesn't ddos/dos anything that disconnects you.
lol

M

Mcgarry247

Reaction score
Sin$
no one would use LOIC to do any mass damage that s*** is for kids that want to boot there friends from halo and when they download it and figure out it doesnt work there mad.
there are much much more effecint programs.
(btw sorry for bad grammer/spelling im tired as fu*k

Chronic Man

oKroniicz

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ps3 should realy get a new security software installed or something that is just ridiculous

reed1234500

reed1234500

Reaction score
Sin$
lol "LOIC" (low orbital ion cannon)
that doesn't ddos/dos anything that disconnects you.
lol

If you know enough not to put it on UDP it doesn't...

no one would use LOIC to do any mass damage that s*** is for kids that want to boot there friends from halo and when they download it and figure out it doesnt work there mad.
there are much much more effecint programs.
(btw sorry for bad grammer/spelling im tired as fu*k

LOIC is what Anon used in Operation Payback. It is very effective used correctly.

X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I like how S7 is the first result when I try to find more sources lol

CannedDynomite

CannedDynomite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lolzsec also has hacked psn and published millions of userids that werent even encrypted they hacked it with a simple sqli its sad psn has horrible security

Top Bottom
Login
Register