What's new

Discussion Why you guys are wasting your time trying to get original gamertags.

• Thread starter Thilo
  • Start date
  • Views 6,268
T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
As much as I love to see people wasting their time, I'll help yall out a little bit.

Trying to get gamertags like "Cat" from the release of the original gamertags is a waste of time.

See, back in September(ish), for about a month, it was possible to make gamertags with a different varaiation of Xbox 1 tags.

Example:

On the XBLv1, there was "cat". For some reason, during that month, you could make "c a t" on the Xbox360.

So, there was "B o s s" on the XBLv1. Some kid made "Boss" on the 360.

Now how does this affect ya'll?

All the good tags were already made. People already made "D o g" and other variants, meaning you couldn't make them even when the original gamertags do get deleted; the spaced out versions exist, and you cannot take those. The owner of the spaced out version will change it from "c a t" to "sakdkd", then to "Cat".

Therefore, all decently amazing tags have already been reserved.

Also, macroing the tags is stupid, why? Because it is using Xbox.com or Zune - both cache the request eventually, and it will always return false. Meaning you are wasting your time.

Thought I should share the knowledge.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah its kinda annoying seeing some people going in desperation begging for original gamertags. Nobody cares if you're a F a g. <3

Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert

Yoink!
Tutorial Creator Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried understanding it but couldnt, didnt waste my time on it, im stil trying to Jack the tag Jim Halpert >=]

jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sin$
So far ive been able to get Irrelevant and Fajitas..lol so i dont think its entirely a waste of time, i just may yet come up with a better OG, im still hopeful but realistic (not goin for Revenge, Power, those type of words).

A

Auth

I'm Christian ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you, these noobs are very annoying.

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So far ive been able to get Irrelevant and Fajitas..lol so i dont think its entirely a waste of time, i just may yet come up with a better OG, im still hopeful but realistic (not goin for Revenge, Power, those type of words).

Already taken, Revenge got taken at 6am today.

B

Board Message

Getting There
Free Hoster Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Using iMacro works.. I got Television that way.... also there are still many tags that are decent and don't have the spaced variations, its all about thinking of them.

Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert

Yoink!
Tutorial Creator Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
No no no. Let's not start that. Making a gamertag != jacking a gamertag.
its ok i check it out, been dormant for 2 years Silver Acc, no gamerscore, and doesnt use it on zune, and the xbox dev stuff, the asswhole just made it to say he had it lol

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I already knew this. Which is why I am not even wating my time with those kind of GT's.

ClarkeOne

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Because the possibility that someone can get a one word gamertag shows power and recognition among the whole community, that there may some who would like to buy the tags, or others who simply rage at how "pro" the owner is of said tag.

Wiz

Wiz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried for a couple of oG tags but I can't be arsed spending any more time trying for them.

megan fox

megan fox

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep. Right after I saw energy explain this a few days ago. I just stopped caring about them. I thought it was kinda funny with all the people waisting there time.

FrostByte

FrostByte

The Dude
Reaction score
Sin$
I still dont even get what the f*** an OG tag is. As far as I can see, its any (unedited) word in the english dictionary. As long as a gamertag doesnt have an obscene amount of x's, i's or z's I dont ridicule them and no matter what the tag ive forgotten it after 2 hours, so why all the effort?

Laugh

Laugh

Contributor
5th Anniversary Chatty Kathy Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Let them do whatever they want. No need to make this crap post, and that's exactly what it is. There is a working, and VERY obvious way to get the tag without it being spaced. The tag "M a t e r i a" was made before and I have mareria without having the spaced version. I'll tell everyone how later, but it's easily possible.

No reason for me to lie.

Top Bottom
Login
Register