Discussion Do you hate Quickscoping?

• Thread starter DapperDeer
  • Start date
  • Views 1,430
DapperDeer

DapperDeer

Reaction score
Sin$
BEFORE I really start this thread, I'd like MATURE answers only! I don't want to see, "Because it's not realistic!" The WHOLE GAME isn't realistic! Sure, a few parts are, but in real life, you don't get a care package for killing five guys! You don't regenerate health! There are no perks!

So, if you hate quickscoping, (or if you don't) tell why.

I for one, love quickscoping. No, OpTic didn't get me into it, a smaller-clan did, DRFT. I saw SmokyDRFT's montage, and that set me on my way. And, no, I don't do 360's and such (infact, I think they're overrated). I just quickscope because it's FUN, and that's what a game is supposed to be. Fun. Also, it was challenging! I loved going up against 2 AR guys and taking them out with some really nice shots (because they're stupid and wasted their ammo, or I just got REALLY lucky)

So, what do you think? Most other threads have turned into a flame war, so guys, PLEASE, DON'T make this a flame thread.

PS: Was it just that people had a problem with MW2 Quickscoping? With SoH pro? Or do you hate Quickscoping 100%?

D

Dirty Potato

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Used to like doing it in MW2 cause it was fun getting cool kills, but as much as black ops is great they have gone overkill on quickscoping, prepatch was okay but postpatch is just to far.

M4YON

M4YON

Se7ensins Beast
Mythical Veteran Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Used to like doing it in MW2 cause it was fun getting cool kills, but as much as black ops is great they have gone overkill on quickscoping, prepatch was okay but postpatch is just to far.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Pretty much sums up my opinoin really.

DapperDeer

DapperDeer

Reaction score
Sin$

I can see where you liked MW2 Quickscoping, for (what I see) that SoH PRO just made it a bit too easy (but if you did it with Marathon or something, it'd be wayy too slow IMO).

I agree though, Treyarch has gone WAYYY overboard with patching the snipers.

xWench

xWench

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't hate quickscoping itself, but I do hate the fact its such a big deal, and people that do it thinks its the most skillful way to play the game, or they look down on other players for not doing it.
Most quickscopers usually suck at the game, and have horrific KD WL ratios.

cTc

cTc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When it gets to the point someone doesn't want to buy Black Ops (they already paid for it) cause they cannot quick scope is when it gets ridiculous.

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
When it gets to the point someone doesn't want to buy Black Ops (they already paid for it) cause they cannot quick scope is when it gets ridiculous.
True yes .I hate qs in mw2 just beacuse its overused and takes little to no skill in any other game im fine with it but mw2 it annoys me just beacuse there and always 4 so called pros running around with gimpaventions who end up costing there team a loss ..

I

i i HaloPr0 x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Quikscoping is still possible !
But slower...
Just take a dragunov.
Then put thermal on it (forget how it calls now but it is a scope :tongue:)
Try to quikzoom ^^
I had a kill but wasnt recording it was a QS HS <3

J

joal0503

Reaction score
Sin$
quick scoping is STILL possible...

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/346349-yayyyy-variable-scope-quick-scope/

Chad Warden

Coof

Steam id: Coof
Reaction score
Sin$
i think they should just allow it in private match, because then we could at least have sniper lobbies (:

Without Refills

Without Refills

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On Modern Warfare 2 it was a bit overkill, when you'd spray half a clip into someone and they just turn around and quickscope you... that was pretty unfair. But on Black Ops, Treyarch up'd the ante on all the other guns and basically shat all over shotguns and snipers in this game. Even if you aren't running around with a sniper, kids just spray at you and you're dead within seconds of contact. It's come to the point in the game where there is no sense in sniping anymore because if you're lucky you'll get 1 or 2 kills before getting raped.

I only snipe in S&D now because if I try sniping in any other gametype, kids just hide in windows and spray clips through walls when you're waiting out the 2 second delay on the scope for the sniper shot to register.

I agree that quickscoping is a bit overkill and tryhardish, but even hardscoping doesn't work now... what the hell is the point in sniping anymore?

X

xJayme

Reaction score
Sin$
I enjoy quickscoping and i think Treyarch has gone to far patching the snipers aswell. If i can't kill someone when i fairly zoom in on the new slower zoom and crosshairs why can someone who zooms in on a machine gun have no crosshair movement and fire more bullets and kill me still. If Treyarch wanted to make using snipers this unfair quickscopes they should of just removed snipers from the game at all to avoid this disappointment of them being on the game and un-usable to an extent. :blink:

L

l00k4ty0urb4ck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you are right how much do you use snipers right now? oke hard scoping was good enough but it isn`t possible to. quick scoping was fun in the beggining of mw2 when alomst everyone said: WOOOOW nice quick scope dud can you teach me? some stuff like that when lot`s people couldn`t quick scope.
now in every game on mw2 everyone is quick scoping. so i think that treyarch is doing it wrong just because they think it is nub, but what i think is that you have to fix noobtubes to because i hate them more then quickscopers.

if you see a game wining kill cam with a camper with a noobtube and claymnore that is camping or a quickscope?
i think nice done on the quick scope but when you need to stand still with a noob tube an wait for people you just suck.

Top Bottom
Login
Register