What's new

Solved 2 xbox 360s, 1 modem: massive lag?

• Thread starter pickin6strings
  • Start date
  • Views 1,084
P

pickin6strings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So another member of my home is going to purchase an xbox 360. I have DSL, and I'm concerned as to whether this will result in some mad lag if we both try to play live at the same time. I've seen some different reviews elsewhere and wanted your opinions. My download speed is 3.27Mbps and upload speed is 0.43Mbps if that will help you answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
That might be alright to use. But an upgrade would probably be a good idea if you can.

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have ****** cable in costa rica, my ping is usually over 80ms at all times, and I play fine with 2 xboxs. Its so beast playing COD4 with my buddy right next to me on the same game!

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Get a faster package pretty much. Call them and tell them you're not satisfied with your current speeds and want to upgrade.

T

TitanFall2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So another member of my home is going to purchase an xbox 360. I have DSL, and I'm concerned as to whether this will result in some mad lag if we both try to play live at the same time. I've seen some different reviews elsewhere and wanted your opinions. My download speed is 3.27Mbps and upload speed is 0.43Mbps if that will help you answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

i run two xboxs at the same time with a modem because i never figured out how to get my wireless adapter to work but i have never had a problem with lag. I would first see if there is a problem with two xboxs running before you upgrade because you might not even have a lag

P

pickin6strings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i run two xboxs at the same time with a modem because i never figured out how to get my wireless adapter to work but i have never had a problem with lag. I would first see if there is a problem with two xboxs running before you upgrade because you might not even have a lag

word. I'm def not spending money if I dont have to! I just wanted to see how many people had experienced lag while running 2 xboxs. Imma give a shot tomorrow when the dude buys his 360.

M

monkeyspike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From Personal experience you should be fine with your connection but try to make sure there's nothing else using the connection whilst both 360's are on as it will cause lag.

I would suggest getting better broadband, preferably based on upload rather than download as that's what cause most lag problems.

As I don't know where you are I can only suggest getting an LLU based ADSL or going for cable.

Top Bottom
Login
Register