• Views 1,251
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you use a playstation emulator for the xbox? the roms come in seperate files! I just want a quick walkthrough of what you do to set up and play a playstation game on the xbox.

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
you put the emulators in with all the other emu spot. Mine is in my emulator folder. I have my roms in my roms folder. I have all of them set up the same. If you have any other emu's on your xbox, set up the psx emu just like the others

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks, but my real question is in the iso's. for example, a spyro 3 iso comes in 7 seperate downloads! do i save all of these to 1 file? what do i do with these 7 downloads?

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
download them all, i'd put them into a folder for organization, then double click one and if u got winrar it should let you extract it to a certain place, using all (lets say 7) downloads into 1 iso file and put that into the rom folder.

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
could you make that a little more readable? i cant understand you.

S

SILENTS714

Reaction score
Sin$
DMK06 said:
thanks, but my real question is in the iso's. for example, a spyro 3 iso comes in 7 seperate downloads! do i save all of these to 1 file? what do i do with these 7 downloads?

Keep all the downloads in a new folder.Open one of the downloads . Winrar will automatically open the rest of the downloads. You are left with one ISO (spyro 3) in your new folder.You can delete or move the downloads.

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what he said. Every one of the downloads is a part of them game. So download them all and right click one and extract it using winrar. Winrar willk use all the downloads to make it into an iso where you put the destination of the extraction. Then with that iso, ftp it into the rom folder of the psx emulator. Then try to go play it.

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks a lot! one more question though. i've been searching for a long time for playstation roms, but i cant find any. the ones i do find are either non compatible with the emulator, or i just dont like them. i like spyro and crash bandicoot games a lot. could you guys help me out?

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
emailed a website dedicated for psx games. You'll find any game you want there.

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
alright! so i got spyro the dragon. i downloaded all the files and clicked "extract files". it created another file (spyro the dragon), and inside that file, was another rar file. i extracted that one, and ended up with one bin file and one cue file. where is the iso?

S

SILENTS714

Reaction score
Sin$
Your game is in a different format. The bin file is your game. The cue is like a table of contents. The emulator should be able to play the bin file. I never tried a psx emulator on a xbox but I have one on my pc and bin files work.

Y

yingyangryder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this is gna probs sound noobish but im gna say it ne way, is there ne way to put like a dreamcast or N64 Emulator on Xbox 1 and if you can where do you find the games etc
thanks

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
you download your emulator from the list here
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/47879525/Emulator_s_.rar

then you ftp it to your xbox in your emulator folder on your e drive.(that's where my folder is) then you download roms and ftp them to your xbox in the same emulator folder. But inside the emulator there is a roms folder. that is where you put your roms.

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
one of the games i downloaded, comes in an IMG, a sub, and a ccd file. what do i do with these?

D

Dharok100

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a question too, Is there and where, A GrandTheftAuto 2 PS1 Game for xbox? If so, can u run me through the process after i install softmod? Thank you very much. =] Many THANKS

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
you would have to find a rom of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register