What's new

Discussion What's the fastest download speed your xbox can get?

• Thread starter x7DSxXxDeathx
  • Start date
  • Views 23,772
X

x7DSxXxDeathx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just curious if having the fastest internet speed really matters or if the xbox maxes out and if so at what speed?

S

Sauby02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've noticed a difference in my speeds when I switched form 12mbs to 28mbs. My friends also download a lot slower than me.

Dash

Dash

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
There is definitely a way to increase your download speed, I can recover my account (100k gamerscore) in about 15 minutes, While it takes my friend about an hour.

X

x7DSxXxDeathx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My router shows my xbox connection as 10\100. If I plug it into my laptop it goes to gigs. That's why I was wondering if anyone knew the max xbox would do.

TicTac

TicTac

Inhale the best, Exhale the stress
Reaction score
Sin$
the max on the ps2 was 60mbs so i imagine the 360 has gotta be alot higher(Map Packs)

X

x7DSxXxDeathx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How can you measure it? Is there something like speedtest for the xbox?

TicTac

TicTac

Inhale the best, Exhale the stress
Reaction score
Sin$
idk i just know the ps2 one cuz i read it someware awile ago.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
A Faster internet would download things much faster from the marketplace but I be they cap their files around 5mbps.

However, upload and download speed increased do not always decrease latency on xbox live.

X

x7DSxXxDeathx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree, latency is always an issue. I was just trying to find out if anyone knew what the xbox capability was.

10camaross

Reaction score
Sin$
You could take a speedtest on your Jtagged xbox that is running Linux on it. But good luck wasting a KV for it.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
the max on the ps2 was 60mbs so i imagine the 360 has gotta be alot higher(Map Packs)
The max on a 360 will be 100mb/s because that's all the ethernet port on it will support. :wink:

You could take a speedtest on your Jtagged xbox that is running Linux on it. But good luck wasting a KV for it.
Why will you have to waste a kv? the whole point of linux is to make it run LINUX, like a pc, you wouldnt even skim the xbox live servers, you could just run the test as on a normal pc + get a result..

N

Nubziilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an actual 100mb internet connection (it averages in the high 80's). My Xbox LIVE download speeds max out at about 3.5MB/s, but I get download speeds up to 12.5MB/s on my computer.

Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I highly doubt it is capped. The download speed all depends on the speed of your connection.

S

silentkiller sk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox 360 to router/modem
Ethernet 100 Mb/s
wireless G 52 Mb/s
wireless N 100 Mb/s
modem to Xbox live severs depends on your internet service provider speeds. (Xbox live servers are SUPER fast,they always are able to use my entire bandwidth will other severs do not)
in terms of downloading a game you want faster ISP speeds are better.
in terms of PC to Xbox streaming, Ethernet or N wireless is the best.
and if your hosting a match you ISP speed should be above 3 Mb/s (That is for the amount of people NOT LAG)
LAG is do to The speed a packet can send and receive AKA ping, lag can also be induced if you have too many people in a lobby and your bandwidth is not big enough.
Ping is measured in ms
a amazing ping is 30-50 ms good ping is 50-80 ms ok ping is 80-120 ms slow ping is 120-160. (thats my opinion)
hope this helps

Top Bottom
Login
Register