• Thread starter Lagoria
  • Start date
  • Views 5,444
Lagoria

Lagoria

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to connect to windows media center with my JTAG. i went into parent settings and turned xbox live connectivity OFF. if i did that should i be able to connect to media center without getting console banned?

The Steve

The Steve

Not a Pirate
Retired
Hardened Veteran Legendary Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
just hook it to your router (which u need) then unplug your internet modem then theres )0% chance of getting banned cause your not on the internet at all!

I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, as long as you have it set to where xbox live is off, you'll never connect. And what are you using media center for? You could just use an ftp program on your computer and connect it to your xbox via an ethernet cable to transfer any file.

M

mef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgive my stupidity, but why are people so afraid of getting their console banned? If you're banned then the only difference is that you'll know that you can't do something on a console you know you already don't want to.

I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgive my stupidity, but why are people so afraid of getting their console banned? If you're banned then the only difference is that you'll know that you can't do something on a console you know you already don't want to.

This is a little bump, but I'm going to answer your question. Keyvaults are worth approximately $60 these days, and when you get banned, that money goes poof. Also, when you get banned, you have to flash your old nand to your xbox to stop your hard drive from corrupting, and each time your console connects to live while its banned, you have to do this. Basically, it would be in the general interest of a JTAG owner to have xbox live turned off, whether it's banned or not.

M

mef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a little bump, but I'm going to answer your question. Keyvaults are worth approximately $60 these days, and when you get banned, that money goes poof. Also, when you get banned, you have to flash your old nand to your xbox to stop your hard drive from corrupting, and each time your console connects to live while its banned, you have to do this. Basically, it would be in the general interest of a JTAG owner to have xbox live turned off, whether it's banned or not.

Very interesting, thanks. I personally use a 512mb memory card / external usb combo, so I guess I don't have that problem. Plus I don't plan on selling the J-Tagged box so I suppose the advice doesn't apply here.

But thanks for clearing it up.

Top Bottom
Login
Register