What's new

Solved How safe is it to mod halo reach?

• Thread starter asuskid
  • Start date
  • Views 4,465
A

asuskid

Reaction score
Sin$
Don't want to brick my console or get banned. I know it's super old so they aren't really monitoring it as much. Are there ways to ensure you won't get banned?

Last edited:
K

Krule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's pretty easy, you've gotta have xbox neighborhood with your xbox linked as default. Get an RTM tool on your PC and have at it.
Is it safe, yes. I do it all the time, but the thing is....... if you're not on NiNjA your chances of ban are greater. It's all about your stealth server.

Upvote 0
A

asuskid

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah...I was afraid I would be too technologically retarded to understand how to do this. I'll be blunt if I can, I understood very little of what you said, and that is def my fault as I've done very little research. Is there a way to pay someone to do this for me? I like in vancouver, BC.

I have a full time job and other activities that take up a lot of time. Not saying my time is too valuable, more like I don't have the energy to research this myself. The extend of my "modding" is a map hack i downloaded like 8 years ago for sc2 that had 1 button: on.

Upvote 0
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah...I was afraid I would be too technologically retarded to understand how to do this. I'll be blunt if I can, I understood very little of what you said, and that is def my fault as I've done very little research. Is there a way to pay someone to do this for me? I like in vancouver, BC.
Well, there's only so much that you can do via a modder recovering your profile. You can only add so much XP in a dau (daily limit). As far as modding it yourself goes, you would need a JTAG/RGH console. If you wanted to go online, you'd need to pay for stealth and pay for a new KV every time you get banned.

Upvote 0
A

asuskid

Reaction score
Sin$
Could you point me in the direction of which guide to use? There are a ton it seems and different ways to mod. I have xbox slim and it's up to date with updates if that matters.

Upvote 0
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They way I do my mods are via recovery. Your risk of being banned is nearly nonexistent on NiNJA but that comes with a pretty nice price tag. You can do simple xex mods with a modded xex file to launch your game or RTE/RTM tools. I have one tool in this section and Atlas and Cafe have a tool I know for sure. If you needed any help feel free to PM me! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
A

asuskid

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone,

As an example of how lazy/ADD i am, i'm posting again in my annual "urge" to mod my xbox. I am not tech saavy or a good DIY person. I absolutely know that I should research this myself and learn if I'm serious as I'd be wasting other peoples time. So..in lieu of that, can someone point me in the direction to pay for these services?

I'm in vancouver, BC and couldn't find anyone on craigslist. Or is there a trustworthy person on this forum in that area?

Upvote 0
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone,

As an example of how lazy/ADD i am, i'm posting again in my annual "urge" to mod my xbox. I am not tech saavy or a good DIY person. I absolutely know that I should research this myself and learn if I'm serious as I'd be wasting other peoples time. So..in lieu of that, can someone point me in the direction to pay for these services?

I'm in vancouver, BC and couldn't find anyone on craigslist. Or is there a trustworthy person on this forum in that area?
Rodent Modz or HuskerHeaven are trusted to get a RGH from and I think they will deliver to Canada.

Upvote 0
Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s easy to mod and I believe the ban rate is very low on this game. Or even non existent I could be wrong though

Upvote 0
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s easy to mod and I believe the ban rate is very low on this game. Or even non existent I could be wrong though
No the ban rate isn't too low at all, I mod the game as well as Professional and a few others but mainly the mods are done by RTM. Professional Professional , x64 x64 and myself have Halo Reach RTM tools. Mine is Dank Reach Tool, Cafe's is Halo Reach Ripper, and Professional has a few but I have tried to compile everything into mine.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/dank-reach-tool.1600170/

Upvote 0
x64

x64

Grammar Nazi Beginning of An Odyssey Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
No the ban rate isn't too low at all, I mod the game as well as Professional and a few others but mainly the mods are done by RTM. Professional Professional , x64 x64 and myself have Halo Reach RTM tools. Mine is Dank Reach Tool, Cafe's is Halo Reach Ripper, and Professional has a few but I have tried to compile everything into mine.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/dank-reach-tool.1600170/

He’s right about this. Halo: Reach doesn’t have much of a ban rate anymore, but as always, take the necessary precautions in order to keep your accounts live and running while modding in any game. Have fun!

Upvote 0
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
He’s right about this. Halo: Reach doesn’t have much of a ban rate anymore, but as always, take the necessary precautions in order to keep your accounts live and running while modding in any game. Have fun!
Nice to see you again. And I finally made it to inheritor :thumbsup:. After I made my tool I kept doing 200k for months lol.

Upvote 0
A

asuskid

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a master list I can read up on, on the various methods of modding the xbox and the pros and cons of each? I see a few different ones mentioned here already.

Upvote 0
Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
I modded halo reach for over 5 years on one account and it just got banned recently. If you know what you're doing you won't be banned unless microsoft actually catches you manually.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register