Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey se7ensins,
Back with a solo Lobby glitch (was meaning to edit my other thread but never got the chance before it was closed). So I am opening this thread just for now to let people know it is still working and you are still able to get into a solo lobby with stranger missions and everything else active :smile:

Text Tutorial:
-Have a friend Replay a story mission (so you can have an open spot in that lobby for you to join)
-Now either make a chat with that friend, and another friend that is in a free roam lobby / Or just make sure you are all in the same rdr community and use that to do the joining part.
-Set up a quick link back into the game
-Join the friend in freeroam
-Now join the friend in the story mission
-Wait till the screen starts turning gray
-Quickly join the same friend you are in the freeroam lobby with already (you will receive an error message that you are already in that players lobby)
-Wait a few seconds for the lobby to switch over
-Now that you are in the same lobby with the friend in the story mission, just have them let you know when its done or wait until you see them leave the lobby in the player list and the glitch is done.
*You are now in an active SOLO lobby
Founder Credit: x5150xi
Enjoy :smile:
*Have not tested this one much but i believe you are only able to invite up to 3 other friends with this being as you are using the story mission lobby.

ItzMePrime

ItzMePrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey se7ensins,
Back with a solo Lobby glitch (was meaning to edit my other thread but never got the chance before it was closed). So I am opening this thread just for now to let people know it is still working and you are still able to get into a solo lobby with stranger missions and everything else active :smile:

Text Tutorial:
-Have a friend Replay a story mission (so you can have an open spot in that lobby for you to join)
-Now either make a chat with that friend, and another friend that is in a free roam lobby / Or just make sure you are all in the same rdr community and use that to do the joining part.
-Set up a quick link back into the game
-Join the friend in freeroam
-Now join the friend in the story mission
-Wait till the screen starts turning gray
-Quickly join the same friend you are in the freeroam lobby with already (you will receive an error message that you are already in that players lobby)
-Wait a few seconds for the lobby to switch over
-Now that you are in the same lobby with the friend in the story mission, just have them let you know when its done or wait until you see them leave the lobby in the player list and the glitch is done.
*You are now in an active SOLO lobby
Enjoy :smile:

Credit: x5150xi
Nice find broski, I have 2 consoles bro can I do it for my own or I still need another friend ?

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice find broski, I have 2 consoles bro can I do it for my own or I still need another friend ?

If you use a community and have both consoles in that community you can do it on your own by also just using another random player in that community.

ItzMePrime

ItzMePrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you use a community and have both consoles in that community you can do it on your own by also just using another random player in that community.
Both in the same community

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Both in the same community

Yeah all in the same community, And you should use you other console as the player that is in the story mission. You want to make sure there is an open spot for your main console. And if there is then you can go forward with this glitch. So just join the player above or below your other console in the community. Make sure they are in freeroam. Set up a quick link back to the game (for ps you double the ps button) and now just join your other console and quickly rejoin that player in freeroam. done.

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Good work I will test this on xbox when I get home thanks

Boca_Bhoy

Boca_Bhoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Been using this and any job the whole time, the amount of people that can be invited is dertermined by the amount the job/activity allows, so for story missions that’s 4, not sure why they closed your last thread cause the method was never patched in anyway, the game mode gun rush seemed to have a revamp that’s all lol, certain it won’t be long until we see solo/invite lobbies as part of the game anyway :thumbsup:

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Been using this and any job the whole time, the amount of people that can be invited is dertermined by the amount the job/activity allows, so for story missions that’s 4, not sure why they closed your last thread cause the method was never patched in anyway, the game mode gun rush seemed to have a revamp that’s all lol, certain it won’t be long until we see solo/invite lobbies as part of the game anyway :thumbsup:

So are you saying you are totally solo this way after job ends?
I was still using old method. Yes you get solo but always have players in list as job lobby gets held. Access to shops etc but not to stranger missions.
So does this way open stranger missions up again?

ItzMePrime

ItzMePrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Solo Lobby with Missions, Butcher and everything works Perfect :smile: Thank You Bro for the Workaround

Boca_Bhoy

Boca_Bhoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So are you saying you are totally solo this way after job ends?
I was still using old method. Yes you get solo but always have players in list as job lobby gets held. Access to shops etc but not to stranger missions.
So does this way open stranger missions up again?
Yeah after the friend has completed the story mission they should vanish from the player list and you left alone in there, access to the stranger etc.. returns after this too bro, Same with any mission you use, they all return when the missions over, I usually just do it completely solo using random community member, joining until I find the spectate alert, then I’ll join someone else and use that spectate player to get the solo lobby, just depends on which game mode the players using to see how long you gotta wait, if it’s a series they’re doing and they stay in the lobby then I think that’s how other names appear on player list and the strangers etc don’t show up, when they leave that should be it completely solo and access to all free roam events

Solo Lobby with Missions, Butcher and everything works Perfect :smile: Thank You Bro for the Workaround

Not really a workaround ma dude cause nothing was actually patched to do with this method and all game modes worked the same as gun rush this entire time, great find in the first place from the founder tho :thumbsup: long may it continue, or R* realises that they should have added solo/invite lobbies in the first place and just include them lol

ItzMePrime

ItzMePrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah after the friend has completed the story mission they should vanish from the player list and you left alone in there, access to the stranger etc.. returns after this too bro, Same with any mission you use, they all return when the missions over, I usually just do it completely solo using random community member, joining until I find the spectate alert, then I’ll join someone else and use that spectate player to get the solo lobby, just depends on which game mode the players using to see how long you gotta wait, if it’s a series they’re doing and they stay in the lobby then I think that’s how other names appear on player list and the strangers etc don’t show up, when they leave that should be it completely solo and access to all free roam events

Not really a workaround ma dude cause nothing was actually patched to do with this method and all game modes worked the same as gun rush this entire time, great find in the first place from the founder tho :thumbsup: long may it continue, or R* realises that they should have added solo/invite lobbies in the first place and just include them lol
Ok cool :smile: im happy that we still have or my friend :tongue:

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah all good I have multiple consoles but usually use randoms myself.
I think he meant workaround as in relation to just gun rush then back to same lobby.
You don't get full solo that way now but can be fun if you are in area of job :wink:

Boca_Bhoy

Boca_Bhoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah all good I have multiple consoles but usually use randoms myself.
I think he meant workaround as in relation to just gun rush then back to same lobby.
You don't get full solo that way now but can be fun if you are in area of job :wink:
Nice one man well having the both consoles makes it so much easier, I gotta get another copy of RDR2 so I can break it the way I’ve broke gta over the years lol, yeah so many people tho had panicked and thought cause gun rush was gone the glitch was patched but tbh I don’t think I actually used gun rush once, with the story missions tho you should still just be in the same lobby as before, the game just merges you into the player list of the person doing the story mission, they should also be doing the story mission in a different lobby or they will just spawn in yours when complete, happy hunting bro :smile:

tomigochip

tomigochip

Reaction score
Sin$
just did it on ps4 and it worked first try. thanks!! i dont even play in public lobbies no more :biggrin:

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice one man well having the both consoles makes it so much easier, I gotta get another copy of RDR2 so I can break it the way I’ve broke gta over the years lol, yeah so many people tho had panicked and thought cause gun rush was gone the glitch was patched but tbh I don’t think I actually used gun rush once, with the story missions tho you should still just be in the same lobby as before, the game just merges you into the player list of the person doing the story mission, they should also be doing the story mission in a different lobby or they will just spawn in yours when complete, happy hunting bro :smile:
If your copy is digital you can gameshare live and game home and away.
I presume u mean u have a disc copy.
I share digitally with my sons. But a friend in work gave me a disc last week as he does not like online and had finished story to 100%.
Ask around you be amazed how many don't want after story!
Ideal as I now have 2 permanently side by side again instead of in another room :biggrin: still got my other son's old xbox one(they got xb1x same as me now) just need a disc for that too.
I was the same with gta. Everybody hated on non solo but I always seen them as solo lol :thumbsup:

Last edited:
tomigochip

tomigochip

Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm in this solo lobby for couple hours now and suddenly all stranger missions disappeared as well as I'm not able to get my camp to spawn. edit: ok so the stranger missions reappeared now but camp still not possible it seems (greyed out). edit2: stranger missions disappeared once again but do come back from time to time same with the camp, some times I'm able to bring it up but it disappears after I select a location. I was able to start a stranger mission but the objective disappeared after couple seconds. I reckon stranger missions aren't possible in this solo lobby.

Last edited:
H

HashAsh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
eddie mac & x5150xi thanx! Excellent. Much quicker than expected cheerz.

shiftteam

shiftteam

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing was actually really patched. Only gunrush wa removed and all the other jobs could be used. I’d say do the glitch but use someone in a showdown series large so you could get a solo lobby and more players can join intead of just 3 as mentioned in op.

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing was actually really patched. Only gunrush wa removed and all the other jobs could be used. I’d say do the glitch but use someone in a showdown series large so you could get a solo lobby and more players can join intead of just 3 as mentioned in op.

It is fixed though partially. The lobby is held constantly using series not like b4.
When last person left before you were solo and players never joined in and out at mission areas. Now they do.
I have not tried story method yet to see if that holds a permanent solo.

ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
You wrong dude, they did patch up. Go ahead and try showdown and you will see that the lobby never empties, new groups join, as well as they removed anything you can interact with other than animals spawning as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register