What's new

News Free Gamertag change

Fadexz

Fadexz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But at the same time It isn't the original tag, it has a suffix on it.
Well I guess it's what it's going to be so there's no changing that... unless if people really want the original and it is still transferable.

Pxzah

Pxzah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you do manage to get an Original Gamertag, It's going to not have a Suffix? That's what I got from reading the QnA

I'm just wanting to get the Original Gamertag "Kiddo"

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
If you do manage to get an Original Gamertag, It's going to not have a Suffix? That's what I got from reading the QnA
Yeah, you will only get the suffix if you change your gamertag to one that is already taken. If you change your gamertag to one that is not already taken, you will not get the suffix.

Fadexz

Fadexz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I'm just wanting to get the Original Gamertag "Kiddo"
Yeah, you will only get the suffix if you change your gamertag to one that is already taken. If you change your gamertag to one that is not already taken, you will not get the suffix.
Thing is, what if it is no longer taken (changed) then the next person to use that gamertag would not get the suffix right??

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
Thing is, what if it is no longer taken (changed) then the next person to use that gamertag would not get the suffix right??
i was wondering about that too. I would imagine the next person to take it gets it without the suffix.

Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I just wish they'd let me get my gamertags from my banned accounts :/

Pxzah

Pxzah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was wondering about that too. I would imagine the next person to take it gets it without the suffix.

I don't think so, that's like a "free" GT change. I think it'll be too much trouble to find out who was the "second in line" for the GT.

Also, Microsoft will make a quick 10$ for someone with a suffix that doesn't want the suffix.
I, for sure, will pay for a GT without a suffix, it makes it even MORE exclusive for the people with OG GTs.

Casp

Casp

VIP
VIP
Retired
Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So any gamertag changes from now on will have a hashtag then four numbers following it?

Guess im stuck with my gamertag.
You seem awfully hesitant to get rid of your gamertag for how obscenely disagreeable it is.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You seem awfully hesitant to get rid of your gamertag for how obscenely disagreeable it is.
I was just stating id rather one without the discord four numbers layout after.
(Which I have since been told isn’t the case)
If this was a worst gamertag competition, I’m sure you’d have it in the bag, don’t worry.

Last edited:
Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been considering this but I like my 13 character gamertag. My smurf has 15 characters. Some day those will be rare haha

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been considering this but I like my 13 character gamertag. My smurf has 15 characters. Some day those will be rare haha
Maybe if it's an actual word but I feel like most people would look right past them still.

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe if it's an actual word but I feel like most people would look right past them still.
I was joking but maybe who knows lol. I don't get why they're shortening the character limit seems stupid.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was joking but maybe who knows lol. I don't get why they're shortening the character limit seems stupid.
I figured but I agree, I'm not even sure if the whole change has gone into effect yet.

Top Bottom
Login
Register