What's new

Question oldest daughter's 15th birthday soon.

• Thread starter schitzotm
  • Start date
  • Views 996
S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a rather large bonus this year. And well I really have nothing else I need. Most of the time I just put it in savings but this year I want to go over the top and well my oldest daughter wants to get into pc gaming.
Is there anything stopping this build from gaming online?
nzajjo
http://prntscr.com/nzajjo
And are there any changes I should make before ordering? (keep in mind I'm not even a quarter of my bonus here... I make way too much money hehe)
I have a core i9 rig already. But it only supports 64gb ram and well I am a casual gamer. I know this build is over the top but I really don't care.
The biggest reason for such a huge pc is she is getting into graphics design and I know this is capable of that. She is following in her dad's footsteps in getting into game development. I don't see any issues myself for this to game on. We test many games on similar rigs. But I want to make sure this functions at it's best.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What prank is this, the most random PC build ever. :biggrin:

dab

dab

<o/
End of the Year 2018 End of the Year 2017 Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
30k...wtf. Are you serious. I mean that's a lotta money for a 15 year olds first gaming computer.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
30k...wtf. Are you serious. I mean that's a lotta money for a 15 year olds first gaming computer.

this is bul**** thread, 2016 cpus, random HDD configuration, crappy USB wifi adapter, etc.

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Troll hmm? Why ask, "I know this build is over the top but I really don't care."

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm...with things like Google Stadia around the corner, Amazon working on their own game streaming product, and MS and Sony working together to make game streaming a thing (all despite the fact Nvidia already does this with Nvidia Shield btw), I'm beginning to wonder if over the top gaming PC's will be the way of the past. I certainly wouldn't spend more than $1700 on a gaming PC with that stuff around the corner.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm...with things like Google Stadia around the corner, Amazon working on their own game streaming product, and MS and Sony working together to make game streaming a thing (all despite the fact Nvidia already does this with Nvidia Shield btw), I'm beginning to wonder if over the top gaming PC's will be the way of the past. I certainly wouldn't spend more than $1700 on a gaming PC with that stuff around the corner.

Could be possibility if super advance wireless communication is present. Why, how many people have fiber optics? And to create infrastructure to support such bandwidth and latency with copper cables is impossible. I see future wireless, because it's cheaper.

Streaming games sucked and will suck. RAW data will never be matched by any stream platform.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Could be possibility if super advance wireless communication is present. Why, how many people have fiber optics? And to create infrastructure to support such bandwidth and latency with copper cables is impossible. I see future wireless, because it's cheaper.

Streaming games sucked and will suck. RAW data will never be matched by any stream platform.
Have you read anything about Stadia? Playing Doom 3 on a chromebook...

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you read anything about Stadia? Playing Doom 3 on a chromebook...

You could play/stream pc games on android phone years ago with Onlive service.

Video quality will never be as good as RAW data. You can compare film>digitized BD>HD stream.

35Mbps for 4k HDR 60FPS. Man, so much bull. it will never look as good as native PC. But no one mentions input lag.

It's like saying digitized movie film is better than the original film.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not a gaming computer. This setup is mostly for building a game. Rendering 3d and whatnot for producing decent games.

this is bul**** thread, 2016 cpus, random HDD configuration, crappy USB wifi adapter, etc.
These are what we use in making games. The wifi card is useless because we hardline all stationary devices.
This is why I ask if gaming would work with this config. I would assume it would but due to how they differ in the setups I was curious if I should just get a custom box and install another mobo in that is just for gaming. And don't use that site for pricing. I am building this myself and will not cost nearly as much. (still a ton though)

Troll hmm? Why ask, "I know this build is over the top but I really don't care."
Actually no, not a troll. I know its over the top because she really only needs two I9 processors and nowhere near that hdd space or ram. This is not primarily a gaming rig. She has a small team of developers (they are all school kids)
and wants to start developing a game. So a larger pc is needed to run a game in the development stages. I know in my earlier days having the money for some of the higher end gear would have brought the positive profits in much earlier.
But it's really not a big deal if people just don't know the answer. It's really not much more to just use a custom box and add another mother board in capable of gaming independently.

Game streaming will only work if everyone that is playing that game is streaming. And then there is the issue with my internet is faster than yours. I see all kinds of lag in the future. Streaming a game will buffer some to ram then display and should have enough cached to allow the next frame. This will cause an issue if people are allowed to own the copy and some are streaming it.
I don't see all games coming in this form. Even from an xbox side of things rdr2 came as a two disc combo. Attempting to stream such a large map across the internet will result in many objects not visible at first until it buffers in.
It will look worse than pubg in its beta stages.
And as said in other reply for her this isn't just a gaming rig.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Google Stadia won't replace gaming desktops it just allows meme tier spec computers like Chromebooks to be able to play some games (with high latency) that stuff will come to phones eventually as well.

People playing competitive games or wanting a smooth experience will never do game streaming.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Google Stadia won't replace gaming desktops it just allows meme tier spec computers like Chromebooks to be able to play some games (with high latency) that stuff will come to phones eventually as well.

People playing competitive games or wanting a smooth experience will never do game streaming.
The xbox is doing game streaming soon too. I figured it would be for less advance games. I couldnt imagine trying stream the entire gta map. Or in pc the arma 3 map. The victor would be the guy with the fastest connection.

Top Bottom
Login
Register