Solved Third-party HDD on Xbox 360 Slim

• Thread starter H0TL1N3
  • Start date
  • Views 2,391
H0TL1N3

H0TL1N3

Reaction score
Sin$
The question is there, in the title. I've been trying to find information regarding that topic, but I can't really get it. Some say that replacing it without any changes is possible, while some claim that you need a Western Digital drive and some software in order to have a third-party HDD installed and working on your X360.
So long story short - I've got a Samsung HN-M750MBB 2.5" drive with 750GB of memory on it. Can I make it work with the Xbox? Would it be possible for me to have backward compatibility with original XBOX games?

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For backwards compatibility you need internal "official" xbox hard-drive installed, any size 20GB to 500GB.

You have modded or stock, xbox?

H0TL1N3

H0TL1N3

Reaction score
Sin$
For backwards compatibility you need internal "official" xbox hard-drive installed, any size 20GB to 500GB.

You have modded or stock, xbox?
Let's say I have an S-RGHed Xbox 360 Slim. (haven't bought one yet really but planning to buy one real soon)

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's say I have an S-RGHed Xbox 360 Slim. (haven't bought one yet really but planning to buy one real soon)
I'm not really sure how the whole hard drive compatibility thing works on the latest Dashboards.
I know back in the day you had to use [Click here to view this link] to format the driver properly for the Xbox 360.
I've also seen scenarios where you plug any HDD into the slot and it'll ask you to just format it for the Xbox.

However.... I do know, if you get a USB Enclosure for the 750GB HDD you have, and hook it up via USB to your console, it'll work no problem for what you're attempting to do.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

My setup: Internal HDD 20GB, for backwards compatibility. And external HDD for games.

External HDD is more convenient, easier to upload games and more flexible. With USB HDD i get good loading speeds, no problems.

H0TL1N3

H0TL1N3

Reaction score
Sin$
My setup: Internal HDD 20GB, for backwards compatibility. And external HDD for games.

External HDD is more convenient, easier to upload games and more flexible. With USB HDD i get good loading speeds, no problems.
I'm not really sure how the whole hard drive compatibility thing works on the latest Dashboards.
I know back in the day you had to use [Click here to view this link] to format the driver properly for the Xbox 360.
I've also seen scenarios where you plug any HDD into the slot and it'll ask you to just format it for the Xbox.

However.... I do know, if you get a USB Enclosure for the 750GB HDD you have, and hook it up via USB to your console, it'll work no problem for what you're attempting to do.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Top Bottom
Login
Register