What's new

Tutorial RGH 1.2 Start to finish tutorial + how to get a CR4 like experience (Phats only)

• Thread starter JoinTheResistance
  • Start date
  • Views 320,928
rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I updated my Falcon to the latest/upto date dashboard before doing this RGH1.2 but Zephyers are very hit and miss,just like the Xenon boards are hit and miss.
What chip are you using for your zephyer btw ?

Thanks, I use Matrix Glitcher for RGH1.2

Yes Zephyer is tricky either doing RGH1 (<14669) or RGH1.2 (>= 14669)

Have tried RGH1 and RGH1.2, no boots.
For Falcon I have instant boot everytime using RGH1.2
I guess I do need to update pass 14669 to do RGH1.2

zephyr 1314.6 is rgh1 its uses diferent postout desolder your post wire from ft6u1 and solder it to ft6u7 everything else its the same if not boot as rgh update your dashboard to latest the do rgh1.2

Thanks. Have tried RGH1, no boot at all.
I read Zephyer doing RGH1 is tricky and some people is looking for wifi cable wire for the post line.

Also with < 14699 dash, I have tried the RGH1.2, no boot as well.

I think I'll update it to pass 14699 and redo RGH1.2 , as I've more experience with RGH1.2, for Falcon I get instant boot everytime.

No More Routers

No More Routers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So to be clear. If installing a Matrix Chip onto a Jasper. I do not have to remove any Resistors? . What does the "X" in the right picture signify?
matrixglitcherrgh12diagram.jpg

gunja203

gunja203

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So to be clear. If installing a Matrix Chip onto a Jasper. I do not have to remove any Resistors? . What does the "X" in the right picture signify?
matrixglitcherrgh12diagram.jpg
I'ts only some old solder points. Ignore it ! And if you want alternative solder point for the clk one, let me know ! And no, you don't have to remove resistor.

No More Routers

No More Routers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am having some troubles flashing the timing files onto my matrix glitcher. using a JRP v2. J Runner says no device found as soon as i plug in the matrix chip

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I am having some troubles flashing the timing files onto my matrix glitcher. using a JRP v2. J Runner says no device found as soon as i plug in the matrix chip
Check in your device manager that the drivers are installed correctly for the JR-Programmer.Then i would solder pinheaders on the Matrix chip for the programmer cable to plug straight onto.Using pinheaders on the Matrix and the Ace chips makes the job a whole lot easy tbh

M

masterchief01

Reaction score
Sin$
Newbie here... just to confirm before I order the required parts, Im good to RGH 1.2 a Falcon on 8507, yes?

Planning using the Coolrunner and JR.

Last edited:
Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
Newbie here... just to confirm before I order the required parts, Im good to RGH 1.2 a Falcon on 8507, yes?

Planning using the Coolrunner and JR.
Yes you can. But with that dash you can achieve RGH1. I'd do that first.

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
What would be the advantages of RGH 1? Just more stable / quicker boot times yeah?
Pretty much. And because it older it's rarer. I'd rather say I have an RGH1 than an RGH1.2 lol. My main console is a Falcon JTAG. Love it.

M

masterchief01

Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty much. And because it older it's rarer. I'd rather say I have an RGH1 than an RGH1.2 lol. My main console is a Falcon JTAG. Love it.

I actually found this console in a dumpster! ...I was expecting it to have been a RROD but it was working fine, disc drive just wasn't reading games. Just needed a little TLC to get it going again. Working perfect now.

Any chance you could maybe link me to an RGH1 tutorial thats still relevant? All the ones I'm coming across are pretty old and possibly outdated.

Cheers.

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually found this console in a dumpster! ...I was expecting it to have been a RROD but it was working fine, disc drive just wasn't reading games. Just needed a little TLC to get it going again. Working perfect now.

Any chance you could maybe link me to an RGH1 tutorial thats still relevant? All the ones I'm coming across are pretty old and possibly outdated.

Cheers.
The only differences between RGH1 and RGH1.2 is the POST point used and glitch chip timing files. RGH1 POST point is just next to the one used in RGH1.2. RGH1.2 uses FT6U1. RGH1 uses FT6U7.

https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/noob-friendly-tutorial.57500/

TimelessNL

TimelessNL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also with < 14699 dash, I have tried the RGH1.2, no boot as well.
I experienced this as well. I tried to RGH1.2 a Falcon board somewhere in 2017 because the only glitch chip I had laying around was the x360aceV3 (Which I didn't see anyone use for RGH1 yet). But this attempt failed at the time, probably because it ran 13599. So I flashed stock and it booted just fine. Unfortunately due to an ungrounded outlet (which both my laptop and the Xbox360 power supply used) sparks jumped when I connected the J-Runner, blowing the SouthBridge SPI-bus in such a way that from that point on I was unable to detect the flashconfig and read the NAND. To test if the Xbox was still able to write the NAND I updated (official) to 16717 (and recently 17511) which worked fine, after which I put it aside.

Since it has been 2 years and I gained allot of experience in the meantime. I decided to give it another try. So I went ahead and flashed a dead Xenon board (NAND) with the (dash v13599) nanddump1.bin including Gitch2 ECC and transferred that NAND over to the Falcon unit. Unfortunately the board did not glitch (it did its best:smile:) which could either be because RGH1.2 does not work on 13599 or because the LDV did not match anymore (since I updated the board to 175111, to make it RGH1.2 able). The latter seems unlikely since xell does not use the LDV I suppose.

(Side note, I discovered that without any NAND at all, the board doesn't even power up, there is no reaction when the POWER/EJECT/SYNC/CONTROLLER_GUIDE is pressed.)

So back to the drawing board...
I soldered (hot air) the Falcon's NAND (with dash 17511) onto the dead Xenon board and dumped its contents. Then I wrote the Glitch2 ECC and transferred it back onto the Falcon unit. This did the trick :biggrin:, it glitched after the 5th attempt (dynamic file) and with timing #12 it glitches immediately.

Which I call a victory
:smile:.
So J JoinTheResistance and HuskerHeaven, thanks for your help at the time. The Xbox is finally RGH'ed :tongue:

(don't mind the flux and solder residue, this picture was taken after I verified that it worked. Cleanup was done afterwards)
y4mdEwWnv5CD60LSAsPNBMoFVC1sOZhJPjWR7n6d1OEeAbeG3K9eUJvkSnYrfTTuZ9ZsTB_Yn1Ci8A5rPfC9Yng2KC9GgkiSGvX-PYIKjtDKJ9XL4qTYK42SkpAQ77Vse_GDg3SMM65I-i-Qip3vhcQ8gZK55Mrwj_CvyRGS8pvmuQXd8xo6EbZP2j0j_uQHO_Mk_Cla30IBgicliWlUotIAA

y4moYT-cEkbVKlO8iQOSVK0nzACrXl9aARUiS4LuZNtzTowTINVGrC7HeXbqdFgpzwX5SwxPS4-8tSqKQUJqi1hh1lQElJIWl_0_UA-llanDqvO_pvdGPitwJg32q0K5oB9nNh8aGLxGrp_leAIqab-9KTU-N6suW9KkOGHe-t4nLfWxeBSMrZni-vEiCz_SMxS9QmHRGsBpo9KoUEwXh4yvw

Last edited:
V

vytaras12

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi , I have falcon with old dashboard ( I can't update because dvd drive is not original ) . I try rgh 1.2 and it's not work.I thinking old dashboard is problem.

I can't found guide for rgh 1 . I need wiring for matrix chip. Because there is difference in wiring between rgh 1 and rgh 1.2 .Thanks

Falcon ,matrix glitcher

T

truemaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
inside j runner ther is a timing file for rgh1 that you can flash to matrix glitcher also the post wire for rgh1 is ft6u7 and not ft6u1 (thats for rgh1.2) everything else its the same as rgh1.2

TimelessNL

TimelessNL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi , I have falcon with old dashboard ( I can't update because dvd drive is not original )
Why can't you update, what is not working? To my knowledge it does not matter that the drive doesn't belong to that particular motherboard (or is flashed). As long as it is detected during the update. Maybe try the offline update using an USB stick?

Normally people say that RGH1 is better if you have a box that supports it, but since I'm used to do the RGH1.2 hack all the time I just update my boxes and RGH1.2 it.

V

vytaras12

Reaction score
Sin$
I do first rgh 1 later rgh 1.2... And problem still the same.
Xbox boot maybe after 10 times when I turn off it and turn on. It boot instantly after many on/off push. If I wait it never turn on...
I try play with timing files and wires size no luck... I try put different glitcher( also matrix) nothing better.
Where is problem ? :/ Any ideas ?
0ee1646f0a367b6e7d50c034b6a78954856.jpg

c85074a24ff6051ebf6e4d3268c4ed4e416.jpg

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I do first rgh 1 later rgh 1.2... And problem still the same.
Xbox boot maybe after 10 times when I turn off it and turn on. It boot instantly after many on/off push. If I wait it never turn on...
I try play with timing files and wires size no luck... I try put different glitcher( also matrix) nothing better.
Where is problem ? :/ Any ideas ?
0ee1646f0a367b6e7d50c034b6a78954856.jpg

c85074a24ff6051ebf6e4d3268c4ed4e416.jpg
Which timing(s) did u try ? Can u take clearer pics of cpu rst and plbypass ? If those arent making perfect connections boot times can be affected .
Wire routes seem ok .
Sometimes you just wanna leave well enough alone if its booting within 10 _20 secs.

V

vytaras12

Reaction score
Sin$
maybe problem here ? "KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)"

Because I try everything rgh 1, 2 , 1.2 different wire routing .

And results every time same xbox boot after minimum 20 restart .If I wait it won't boot .
If I write stock nand instant boot.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available) is normal.It will say that anyway,so that's not your problem.

Top Bottom
Login
Register