• Start date
  • Views 1,640
Status
Not open for further replies.
jarredyogo

jarredyogo

Reaction score
Sin$
I recently found out that you can run custom behavior packs on minecraft xbox one edition via the windows 10 edition, But what I want to know is if there is a way to possibly exploit this, say write a behavior pack on win10 so when you join on xbox it would either download and exploit or run a homebrew app within MC?

X

XBLKevy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i don't think so. Do NOT take my opinion as straight facts as i'm not educated in this stuff (exploiting) yet! (planning on going towards this in my career). but with a bit knowledge of iOS Jailbreaking if i'm not mistaken you would have to get access to the xbox storage. i know this is two different platforms (xbox and ios) but knowing that xbox runs apps in sandbox (like a virtual machine if i'm not mistaken) you would need to get access to whats on the outside of that.

Correct me if im wrong!

Orginal

Orginal

Minecraft Maniac
Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary Contest Sponsor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This wouldn't work.
The game only recognizes certain files, so for this to work you'd have to somehow make it so those files run.
Minecraft can only detect:
.jpeg, .png, .json, .mcfunction, .material, and im pretty sure thats it.

This is also a built-in feature for Minecraft so you're not getting anywhere with this.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
a: MS moderates all packs on their community driven downloadable DLC/addons, no matter what game.
b: As above games will only run some kinds of file and most don't have a vulnerability
c: Even if you pass those 2 things, Games do not run in "Admin" mode or have access to the hypervisor so you would only have access to the console as if you were a normal user anyway.

Orginal

Orginal

Minecraft Maniac
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
a: MS moderates all packs on their community driven downloadable DLC/addons, no matter what game.
b: As above games will only run some kinds of file and most don't have a vulnerability
c: Even if you pass those 2 things, Games do not run in "Admin" mode or have access to the hypervisor so you would only have access to the console as if you were a normal user anyway.

A. Packs are made by us the community LOCALLY. There is no file upload check or anything when using them. They are a intended feature of the game.

B. Correct there is no way to make a behavior pack point towards a exe for instance, since the game will ignore it and sign it as a error.

C. This doesn't have any real context. Games are run in a closed environment, thats equivalent of saying that user accounts at school don't have access to administrative tools. (Im still a little uneducated on closed os's on xbox one and how thier system fully works)

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A. Packs are made by us the community LOCALLY. There is no file upload check or anything when using them. They are a intended feature of the game.

B. Correct there is no way to make a behavior pack point towards a exe for instance, since the game will ignore it and sign it as a error.

C. This doesn't have any real context. Games are run in a closed environment, thats equivalent of saying that user accounts at school don't have access to administrative tools. (Im still a little uneducated on closed os's on xbox one and how thier system fully works)
A: local patches are a completely different ball game, but my point still stands and if there was such a huge exploit, they'd make sure not just to patch the game, but rather than release as a "update" they'd patch the actual download/game.

c: I remember reading before that the sandboxes the game runs in are essentially tiny VM like instances, could be wrong but that's one way of making sure you are not gaining easy access.

Essentially it'd require not only a game with a hole to run anything, but that "Anything" would have to take advantage of an exploit or glitch in those sandboxes if there is one to allow access to the HV.

As above it has been done but 9/10 times it's been caught instantly.

They learned from the xbox original to incorporate a HV, and of course we taught them a huge lesson with the 360. so millions upon millions into security later and blam xbox one. Of course there's going to be super secret ways people have found. but why risk having the scene blown open just to be patched closed again within months just for the credz? not only that but i'm sure with m$ recent track history you'd end up with a cease and desist and or legal cases against you as well as never being allowed near live again for as long as you live.

Simple answer is let the community have their own dedicated servers where they can freely modify a console, release game breaking mods and other **** to the community so everyone who wants to can have fun and those who like to play the way developers intended can stay separated and have a good experience too. There is money to be made there but too bad the big companies don't see us as that big of a market...

Orginal

Orginal

Minecraft Maniac
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A: local patches are a completely different ball game, but my point still stands and if there was such a huge exploit, they'd make sure not just to patch the game, but rather than release as a "update" they'd patch the actual download/game.

c: I remember reading before that the sandboxes the game runs in are essentially tiny VM like instances, could be wrong but that's one way of making sure you are not gaining easy access.

Essentially it'd require not only a game with a hole to run anything, but that "Anything" would have to take advantage of an exploit or glitch in those sandboxes if there is one to allow access to the HV.

They learned from the xbox original to incorporate a HV, and of course we taught them a huge lesson with the 360. so millions upon millions into security later and blam xbox one. Of course there's going to be super secret ways people have found. but why risk having the scene blown open just to be patched closed again within months just for the credz? not only that but i'm sure with m$ recent track history you'd end up with a cease and desist and or legal cases against you as well as never being allowed near live again for as long as you live.

Simple answer is let the community have their own dedicated servers where they can freely modify a console, release game breaking mods and other **** to the community so everyone who wants to can have fun and those who like to play the way developers intended can stay separated and have a good experience too. There is money to be made there but too bad the big companies don't see us as that big of a market...

"local patches are a completely different ball game, but my point still stands and if there was such a huge exploit, they'd make sure not just to patch the game, but rather than release as a "update" they'd patch the actual download/game."
Op was quoting the usage of behavior packs so I was following up on it.

Besides even if you did modify a local update there isn't a point since going online would force you to update unless the said update is a crossplay hotfix. This console generation is definitely not going to have mods anytime soon, and since we are moving to a new generation most people are losing faith at this point.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

You say “we” with the 360. Didnt know you had a hand in exploiting the 360.
Xbox one exploitation already lives. Many arent sharing for two reasons. 1: bug fixes 2: nobody wants a repeat of the 360 modding.
Think windows 10 store version with many exploitable options removed. Better yet think windows 10 store edition web installed. Meaning there isnt most of the windows 10 isnt even on our version. Then add whole disk encryption and then add a security processor to validate everything.
I do t know how many have something running in retail. I may be the one. (I say that but every time I get in running I catch a ban)
It exists many variations exist. Just nobody wants to share myself included.
Honestly many are likely tired of seeing people take all the hard work and claim it as them being the “hacker”. Being a hacker would mean you actually hacked in by means of your own findings. Using a program or soldering in a piece of hardware then running a program that someone else developed and produced does not mean you hacked anything. You purchased a device and/or software and followed instructions. That makes you no more a hacker then the guy that bought a console at walmart and hooked up all the cables and followed the on screen prompts by microsoft and started playing a game.
Absolutely nobody is afraid of getting a cease and desist letter.
So long as you dont share microsoft code or share pirated software a cease and desist will be thrown out of court and a counter suit can be filed for pain and suffering.

"local patches are a completely different ball game, but my point still stands and if there was such a huge exploit, they'd make sure not just to patch the game, but rather than release as a "update" they'd patch the actual download/game."
Op was quoting the usage of behavior packs so I was following up on it.

Besides even if you did modify a local update there isn't a point since going online would force you to update unless the said update is a crossplay hotfix. This console generation is definitely not going to have mods anytime soon, and since we are moving to a new generation most people are losing faith at this point.
This^ and as long as there is no money to be made from modifications there will likely never be a public release.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
There isn't full exploits like an rgh but you can buy an xim card to plug in right now and get esp aim etc for many games abusing the keyboard/mouse input ability. I believe i had seen an already modded one on previous dash for sale even on eBay at one time.

The big difference from what I've seen is when you get banned your buying another console.
You say “we” with the 360. Didnt know you had a hand in exploiting the 360.
Xbox one exploitation already lives. Many arent sharing for two reasons. 1: bug fixes 2: nobody wants a repeat of the 360 modding.
Think windows 10 store version with many exploitable options removed. Better yet think windows 10 store edition web installed. Meaning there isnt most of the windows 10 isnt even on our version. Then add whole disk encryption and then add a security processor to validate everything.
I do t know how many have something running in retail. I may be the one. (I say that but every time I get in running I catch a ban)
It exists many variations exist. Just nobody wants to share myself included.
Honestly many are likely tired of seeing people take all the hard work and claim it as them being the “hacker”. Being a hacker would mean you actually hacked in by means of your own findings. Using a program or soldering in a piece of hardware then running a program that someone else developed and produced does not mean you hacked anything. You purchased a device and/or software and followed instructions. That makes you no more a hacker then the guy that bought a console at walmart and hooked up all the cables and followed the on screen prompts by microsoft and started playing a game.
Absolutely nobody is afraid of getting a cease and desist letter.
So long as you dont share microsoft code or share pirated software a cease and desist will be thrown out of court and a counter suit can be filed for pain and suffering.

This^ and as long as there is no money to be made from modifications there will likely never be a public release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register