What's new

Question First Gaming PC £3600

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
A bit overkill for your first gaming PC but if you've got the cash spare; why not? :biggrin:
Looks awesome!!!!!

G

Gibswal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A bit overkill for your first gaming PC but if you've got the cash spare; why not? :biggrin:
Looks awesome!!!!!
Been saving up for a while now I can't wait lol I just ordered the i9 yesterday but I keep changing the storage can't figure out what I want the list currently has a samsung 512gb m.2 ssd a regular Samsung 2tb ssd and 4tb HDD I think what it is now is what I'll do the thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Sin$
What monitor(s) are you using?
What exactly will the system be used for?

What's the 32GB RAM for?
What's the NVMe SSD for?
Do you need 8TB of storage?

That RAM is ridiculous. Way over-priced, even for 32GB.

C

cmos

Reaction score
Sin$
You could save so much money making better choices, just my reccomendations.

Larger capacity pcie m.2 drives actually have faster read/write speeds, so a 1TB is a good choice so stick with that, but 1TB is a lot of storage for an OS drive, you could probably get away with only an HDD for mass storage instead of spending $$$ on another Samsung Evo SSD.

This to me looks like a productivity machine more than a gaming machine, you don't need more than 16GB of RAM for gaming, for recording and rendering 4K video yeah you probably need 32GB-64GB of RAM and 6TB of SSD storage, not for gaming by any means.

Save money. Cut it down to 16GB RAM, but only go HDD for mass storage, that'll save you $500 to spend on a better monitor, don't let your monitor bottleneck the system. You only need lots of RAM and lots of fast storage if you're working with large video files at ultra high resolutions, the monitor would be my priority and then more RAM and more storage can be an after thought down the line.

1TB NVME and 5TB HDD is more than enough for any user. You'll enjoy having the money spent towards a better monitor enough that you'll have saved up money for more storage or a new RAM kit in no time.

Last edited:
Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I would save the money on the water cooling and go with probably the GOAT "212 EVO" air cooler
1. Less hassle than a liquid loop
2. Just as much cooling as liquid cooling
3. Cheaper

Also I think 1000W is a bit overkill even with overclocking your cpu and gpu you won't need all that power, even 700+ would be sufficient for good overclocks and such.
Also you could save some money on the ram and see if you can just get 4 sticks to get 32GB and it's usually a little cheaper than the 2 orders of 16GB. They usually give deals on combos is all.

Other than that good build man, happy gaming!

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I would save the money on the water cooling and go with probably the GOAT "212 EVO" air cooler

The 212 was never considered a great cooler. The Cryorig m9 demolished it at a lower price. And the Cryorig H7 was considered the greatest CPU cooler for years to buy at only 35 usd.

Now Cryorig coolers have gotten more expensive but the m9a plus still is cheaper than the 212 (and the newer 212 with LED is worse than the old 212)

I agree air coolers are better for most users though.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The 212 was never considered a great cooler. The Cryorig m9 demolished it at a lower price. And the Cryorig H7 was considered the greatest CPU cooler for years to buy at only 35 usd.

Now Cryorig coolers have gotten more expensive but the m9a plus still is cheaper than the 212 (and the newer 212 with LED is worse than the old 212)

I agree air coolers are better for most users though.
I've been using a 212 Evo for the past 5 years, should I switch to water cooling? Would I get any cpu improvement?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been using a 212 Evo for the past 5 years, should I switch to water cooling? Would I get any cpu improvement?
If you already have it honestly maybe just add a second fan to the backside. IIRC the 212 evo uses 92mm fans so the Arctic m9 is a good fit.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Prefix is correct, stay with it as I did the same thing with adding a second fan ages ago and it works perfectly with keeping the CPU cool. With water cooling you really won't have much improvement if any vs the 212 EVO or similarly adequate coolers.

Top Bottom
Login
Register