What's new

Solved How´s my IP getting pulled through an ingame lobby

K

Kalibo1

Reaction score
Sin$
So as the title suggests I'm getting booted a lot in League Play. I don't interact in any form with these guys except for being in match with them but they still manage to pull my IP. I'm curious how that's possible, since (at least to my knowledge) it's only possible to pull someones IP with for example Cain and Able or Lanc through being in party with them or maybe exchange messages with them, which I never did at any point. Would be much appreciated if someone could tell me how they are doing it.

JTakZ_Crew

JTakZ_Crew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they're in your game, You're donzo. Happens to me a lot in bo2, it's the same way with this game.

Upvote 0
Courvix

Courvix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your IP address will always be exposed to other networks you're communicating with. Text/voice chat applications and games that use Peer-to-Peer (P2P) communication will expose your IP address to whomever's network is being communicated with by your own.

I don't know about Black Ops 4, but if its multiplayer component is P2P, then your network is interacting with theirs, and that's enough.

Upvote 0
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are in a party or game then whoever is in there with you can access your IP address with a sniffer of sorts (many out there) and you could be the victim of a DDOS attack or a dox if they see the necessity to do such a thing. My suggestion is to invest in a DNS and a router that allows you to run a DNS through it. I believe you can do that with a DDWRT router and be able to play with little to no issues from others online but in theory you can't be 100% sure.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register