What's new

Question Few Console Questions

Shenmue

Shenmue

Pwahh JD & Coke <3
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, So its been a while since iv done ANY modding, I went AWOL for a while focusing on LIFE ect, But i recently found my falcon RGH 2.0, Its nice & pretty butttttt... Im picky and well want more :tongue:
20190421_064608.jpg

I want a Dual Nand xbox with a xK3y, What chip would you recommend and what console for best boot times, I love the idea of having one console that can do the lot, Still play online, Load backed up ISO's from the xK3y and also with the push of a button have it as a emulator.

Soooo throw things at me with ideas as i may also modify the case although ill prob outsource the laser cutting.

Edit: iv also no tools currently for modding a console, iv moves alot and also been through a house burning down on me, So let me know any special tools i may need to re obtain (may be able to find odd ends i still have and managed to save), But let me know as better to be prepared

Last edited:
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, So its been a while since iv done ANY modding, I went AWOL for a while focusing on LIFE ect, But i recently found my falcon RGH 2.0, Its nice & pretty butttttt... Im picky and well want more :tongue:
20190421_064608.jpg

I want a Dual Nand xbox with a xK3y, What chip would you recommend and what console for best boot times, I love the idea of having one console that can do the lot, Still play online, Load backed up ISO's from the xK3y and also with the push of a button have it as a emulator.

Soooo throw things at me with ideas as i may also modify the case although ill prob outsource the laser cutting.
Welcome back!

In regards to XK3ys, you only really need the main board now as the remotes are kinds rare and redundant.
Check the BST section for one, I think there's a few at the moment.

Best way to go about dual nand is to use a demon but getting your hands on one now is hard. best to do a Squirt build, check the x360 tutorials section for more info on that

Shenmue

Shenmue

Pwahh JD & Coke <3
Reaction score
Sin$
Welcome back!

In regards to XK3ys, you only really need the main board now as the remotes are kinds rare and redundant.
Check the BST section for one, I think there's a few at the moment.

Best way to go about dual nand is to use a demon but getting your hands on one now is hard. best to do a Squirt build, check the x360 tutorials section for more info on that
Could you link me the sections your referring to please, if you dont mind thanks and appreciate it.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Could you link me the sections your referring to please, if you dont mind thanks and appreciate it.
Buy sell trade is at the bottom of the forum listings.

This guide gives you rough examples: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/trinity-dual-nand-guide-using-acev3-squirt-dna.1623275/
And the phat install pictures are here:

Its a bit complicated compared to the Demon install (You have to build the chip up rather than just install a pcb and connect a few ribbon cables), but its far cheaper!

Shenmue

Shenmue

Pwahh JD & Coke <3
Reaction score
Sin$
Buy sell trade is at the bottom of the forum listings.

This guide gives you rough examples: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/trinity-dual-nand-guide-using-acev3-squirt-dna.1623275/
And the phat install pictures are here:

Its a bit complicated compared to the Demon install (You have to build the chip up rather than just install a pcb and connect a few ribbon cables), but its far cheaper!

What other tools would ya recommend i get as i'll obviously need a way to get it back on a older update right ? what tools would you recommend.

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What other tools would ya recommend i get as i'll obviously need a way to get it back on a older update right ? what tools would you recommend.
You shouldn't need to downgrade anything. The only thing that could prevent you from doing this is you need the original nand. I'm not sure if you can build a retail nand from your modded one (probably can). If you have changed your KV at any point you definitely can't. So if your original KV is unbanned and you still have it you're good. If not, then you can still dual nand and use something like fusion, but not a retail image.

Here is some tool you will need for sure. I have never installed an xkey, so I'm not sure what you need for that. You may need to pull the disk drive firmware.
  • A soldering iron (temp controlled helps)
  • A JR Programmer.
  • Solder.
  • Flux
  • I reccomend some Kynar wire.
  • Whatever chips you need.
I also reccomend a demon over the squirt for a couple reasons. To me it's worth the extra money.
  • Easier install.
  • Ridiculously fast nand read/write.
  • External Nand read/write.
  • Nand indication always on.
Also I don't know what chip is installed, but the references he sent require an ace v3. While that's a great chip, you could just go with what's in your console already. I'm sure there are ways to install the squirt on other chips, just good luck finding diagrams.

Shenmue

Shenmue

Pwahh JD & Coke <3
Reaction score
Sin$
You shouldn't need to downgrade anything. The only thing that could prevent you from doing this is you need the original nand. I'm not sure if you can build a retail nand from your modded one (probably can). If you have changed your KV at any point you definitely can't. So if your original KV is unbanned and you still have it you're good. If not, then you can still dual nand and use something like fusion, but not a retail image.

Here is some tool you will need for sure. I have never installed an xkey, so I'm not sure what you need for that. You may need to pull the disk drive firmware.
  • A soldering iron (temp controlled helps)
  • A JR Programmer.
  • Solder.
  • Flux
  • I reccomend some Kynar wire.
  • Whatever chips you need.
I also reccomend a demon over the squirt for a couple reasons. To me it's worth the extra money.
  • Easier install.
  • Ridiculously fast nand read/write.
  • External Nand read/write.
  • Nand indication always on.
Also I don't know what chip is installed, but the references he sent require an ace v3. While that's a great chip, you could just go with what's in your console already. I'm sure there are ways to install the squirt on other chips, just good luck finding diagrams.

Id be getting a brand new xbox for the whole dual nand modding stuff, What console would you recommend, I'll go on a hunt, Also i thought you had to downgrade to a certain dashboard to mod the X360 or was there new discoveries ?

You can use Jr-programmer to flash an older dashboard version to the squirt nand.
I'm not building a squirt nand im too inexperienced for that, I'll be grabbing a Demon chip for the dual nand

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Id be getting a brand new xbox for the whole dual nand modding stuff, What console would you recommend, I'll go on a hunt, Also i thought you had to downgrade to a certain dashboard to mod the X360 or was there new discoveries ?

I'm not building a squirt nand im too inexperienced for that, I'll be grabbing a Demon chip for the dual nand
Aye man you can't downgrade a dash to Jtag or RGH a console. You can only run downgraded dashes if you have a rgh installed since the console checks the cpu fuses.

You can RGH any console regardless of dashboard version, But it must be RGH2 if I recall correctly.

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You can mod on the newest dash. My two preferred duel nand installs. Granted, I don't know which is an easier xkey install as I haven't installed one. But please note, it is REALLY easy to mess up a duel nand install. Unless you're confident in your ability, or don't mind trying until you get it, I wouldn't attempt it yourself.

Trinity with a viper duel nand:
This install is only slightly harder (only because you need to solder to the modchip and those points are a little small). It does require a x360 ace v3, but it's also way easier than the squirt to install and you don't need to cut any traces. Trinity's are also some of the easiest RGH installs. I don't know why people are afraid of slims lol.

Jasper (small block preferably) or Falcon with a demon.
Either console works well with a demon. I find falcons tend to be easy installs, but jaspers will have a slightly lower chance of RRoD. While the demon is the easiest install, it it still not for beginners. They are also harder to come by and a bit on the expensive side. The do have some advantages though (listed in my previous post).

I have both, and they work great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register